Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2021, 6:23 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pixelrogue
The SUB (215K +$200) is active as of today as an online only application (and confirmed by Amex.)
Maldives was booked (w/points) months back. Looking for ways to reduce the small plane transport fee.

Original plan:
• Use Chase Sapphire credit to purchase discounted Marriott gift card/s - not finding any discounted cards through Marriott to code as travel.
Get Altitude card, use sub to offset flight then use points to offset rest. - didn't work out, as they want a fully 12 months on new credit cards to call seasoned...I opened a few earlier in the year.
• Get Marriott Premier (215k+200,) apply $300 credit to discounted Marriott gift cards, use the $200 towards food (ideally @resort or if US only then @ home) - not finding any discounted cards through Marriott to code as travel.
• Have an Amex card w/a 20% discount to purchase discounted Marriott gift cards (expires this week) - not finding any discounted cards through Marriott to code as travel.

If Marriott would run one of their 15% or 20% gift card purchase specials that would go a long way. From what I am seeing as far as timing in recent years, next sale might not be until black friday-ish which will then be too late.
Can you link the Brilliant "215K + $200 SUB" or the "125K + $200 SUB? According to USCG, the sub was removed months ago: https://www.uscreditcardguide.com/am...y-credit-card/
Old Oct 5, 2021, 8:20 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Can you link the Brilliant "215K + $200 SUB" or the "125K + $200 SUB? According to USCG, the sub was removed months ago: https://www.uscreditcardguide.com/am...y-credit-card/
When was this "215K + $200 SUB" offered? Was it targeted? I thought the current offer of 150K + 85K cert is the most point-wise SUB ever offered.

LAX
Old Oct 5, 2021, 9:07 pm

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LAX
When was this "215K + $200 SUB" offered? Was it targeted? I thought the current offer of 150K + 85K cert is the most point-wise SUB ever offered.

LAX
I agree. Possibly a typo. As far as I'm aware, the current SUB is 150K + 85K FNC and is an ATH
Old Oct 6, 2021, 5:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
After all these years on FT, I have no idea what the SUB means that has been used in virtually every post over the last 2 pages. Can someone please enlighten me since these abbreviations are getting out of hand.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 5:59 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by christianj
After all these years on FT, I have no idea what the SUB means that has been used in virtually every post over the last 2 pages. Can someone please enlighten me since these abbreviations are getting out of hand.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Thanks! Seems obvious now but likely not thinking it was that simple when I was trying to figure it out.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 6:17 am

It was reported on some of the blogs but wanted to share here too in case anyone missed it. Sign up (may be targeted) to get 8 bonus points for total of 10 points per dollar on PayPal purchases. Link below with more details.

https://global.americanexpress.com/e...nSoc-Insiders1
Old Oct 6, 2021, 6:58 am

Data point....applied on Monday 10/4 with application pending notice, Tuesday 10/5 get email confirming approval and today 10/6 got confirmation card was sent out and will arrive tomorrow 10/7. It has been a very long time since I got any card this quickly. Some card issuers putz around for weeks shortening the timeframe for the spend requirement but thankfully Amex isn't doing that here.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 3:12 pm

I agree. Possibly a typo. As far as I'm aware, the current SUB is 150K + 85K FNC and is an ATH
AMEX, 150K + 85k FNC

ONLINE ONLY = 75k + $200 credit/6 months.

Last edited by hhoope01; Oct 7, 2021 at 7:09 am Reason: Removed referral link which can only be sent to individual FT members upon their request not posted in a thread.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 3:16 pm

AMEX, 150K + 85k FNC

Thats not a public offer. It’s a referral.

Last edited by hhoope01; Oct 7, 2021 at 7:11 am Reason: Removed referral link in quoted text.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Werty7777
Thats not a public offer. It’s a referral.
AMEX agents stated it is available but only applying online. No mention of referral and this is publicly listed on Marriott's website as well.

You can go to this link from an iPad (landscape view) and see the same...link for desktop shows the offer referenced above...and the link from the tablet shows the offer of 75k + 200. Refreshed multiple times. Note that after you click the link it takes you to amex site where the offer is no longer showing...but it is indeed showing for Marriott.
https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/ear...ard-rewards.mi

Old Oct 6, 2021, 3:35 pm

AMEX agents stated it is available but only applying online. No mention of referral and this is publicly listed on Marriott's website as well.

You can go to this link from an iPad (landscape view) and see the same...link for desktop shows the offer referenced above...and the link from the tablet shows the offer of 75k + 200. Refreshed multiple times. Note that after you click the link it takes you to amex site where the offer is no longer showing...but it is indeed showing for Marriott.
https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/ear...ard-rewards.mi

Wasn’t saying anything other than what was linked was a referral link. Here’s what happens once clicked.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 7:10 pm

AMEX, 150K + 85k FNC

Online only offer
The offer you're linking is a referral link to someone else's ("pheng") offer. When a new public offer comes out for Amex, it does not always have matching referral offers immediately. This offer is the same as the last public offer before these elevated offers and not the 125K + $200 SUB that you said is still available. I still believe Marriott ended that months ago.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 6:33 am

The offer you're linking is a referral link to someone else's ("pheng") offer. When a new public offer comes out for Amex, it does not always have matching referral offers immediately. This offer is the same as the last public offer before these elevated offers and not the 125K + $200 SUB that you said is still available. I still believe Marriott ended that months ago.
Here is why I am saying it still exists in some fashion...
• It is on the Marriott website as of yesterday (included image in a previous post.)
• Amex agents state the offer is still available, however only as an online application
• Marriott staff confirmed this week the offer is still available and active
Old Oct 7, 2021, 6:35 am

Here is why I am saying it still exists in some fashion...
• It is on the Marriott website as of yesterday (included image in a previous post.)
• Amex agents state the offer is still available, however only as an online application
• Marriott staff confirmed this week the offer is still available and active
Can you show me the confirmations of where Marriott and Amex have confirmed the 125K +$200 offer is still live? Do you have a link? Would be a big deal if you could access an expired public offer so I'm legitimately curious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.