Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meet Marriott Bonvoy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by riphamilton
bring back the HaveHeartOne typeface for the rewards program. the new design is too boring.
KRSW likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Newman
Currently staying at the Marriott Fort Lauderdale North.
Great to be here during the big and much anticipated Bonvoy rollout.
Lots of good things happening.
Proud to be a Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite member...... my new favorite alloy .

I give that property an A for effort at least.

I will post feedback on my arrival at the CY Mexico City property later today. Me thinks they will have the old branding still in place.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: UA (1k) lifetime gold, AA (EP), Starwood (Life Plat), Hilton (Gold)
Yes, but what happened to the Platinum Premier Elite lifetime status? I'm not seeing the equivalent in the new tights hierarchy? They begrudgingly gave it to the *Wood members who had lifetime plat status and also over XXX nights (after we complained loudly that it was only offered to Marriott members). There doesn't seem to be that status any longer. I must be missing something?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by sfallsflyer
Yes, but what happened to the Platinum Premier Elite lifetime status? I'm not seeing the equivalent in the new tights hierarchy? They begrudgingly gave it to the *Wood members who had lifetime plat status and also over XXX nights (after we complained loudly that it was only offered to Marriott members). There doesn't seem to be that status any longer. I must be missing something?
you are missing the part in the t&c that says platinum premier lifetime elite (now titanium lifetime elite) is only attainable based on 2018 ending totals. No longer available going forward.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by sfallsflyer
Yes, but what happened to the Platinum Premier Elite lifetime status?
The "Elite" part of the status tier name is not significant. It does not indicate a special version of that tier. It's just part of the full name.

In other words, Platinum Premier Elite was the full name, but it was also referred to as Platinum Premier or PP here on FlyerTalk and elsewhere. Now, Titanium Elite is the full name.

Same with the lifetime version.

Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite (before 2/13/2019) = Lifetime Platinum Premier (before 2/13/2019) = Lifetime Titanium Elite (beginning 2/13/2019) = Lifetime Titanium (beginning 2/13/2019) = whatever abbreviations folks on FlyerTalk choose to use for it.

As others have noted, Lifetime Titanium Elite does not show on the current list of lifetime requirements because it can no longer be earned.

Some Lifetime Titanium Elite members have been grandfathered in because of previous lifetime status.

Some Lifetime Titanium Elite met special requirements in 2018 (which are no longer offered in 2019) and have been grandfather in.
sfallsflyer likes this.

Last edited by Horace; Feb 14, 2019 at 10:59 pm Reason: corrected typos (incorrect year)
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
And this is probably just me being lazy, but where can I see my current progress towards lifetime status? Can't find it with the new user interface.
I see it on / under account Overview. On Wednesday I did not.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:56 am

Tried using my free night award on a cat 5, which is 35k points. Tried to check out and it shows 70k. Sigh.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by Newman
...MAKE MARRIOTT GREAT AGAIN !!!
rather pitiful, that
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
Tried using my free night award on a cat 5, which is 35k points. Tried to check out and it shows 70k. Sigh.
need a little more information to make sense of it...
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by myperks

need a little more information to make sense of it...
Tried it again and it shows correct now. I'm assuming another glitch on their site.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
One positive - no more horrendously dated "Marriott" typography in the brandmark
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Horace
The "Elite" part of the status tier name is not significant. It does not indicate a special version of that tier. It's just part of the full name.

In other words, Platinum Premier Elite was the full name, but it was also referred to as Platinum Premier or PP here on FlyerTalk and elsewhere. Now, Titanium Elite is the full name.

Same with the lifetime version.

Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite (before 2/13/2009) = Lifetime Platinum Premier (before 2/13/2009) = Lifetime Titanium Elite (beginning 2/13/2009) = Lifetime Titanium (beginning 2/13/2009) = whatever abbreviations folks on FlyerTalk choose to use for it.

As others have noted, Lifetime Titanium Elite does not show on the current list of lifetime requirements because it can no longer be earned.

Some Lifetime Titanium Elite members have been grandfathered in because of previous lifetime status.

Some Lifetime Titanium Elite met special requirements in 2018 (which are no longer offered in 2019) and have been grandfather in.
So should we abbreviate Titanium Elite here as Tit or TitE?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:24 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by Horace

Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite (before 2/13/2009) = Lifetime Platinum Premier (before 2/13/2009) = Lifetime Titanium Elite (beginning 2/13/2009) = Lifetime Titanium (beginning 2/13/2009) = whatever abbreviations folks on FlyerTalk choose to use for it.
I think you meant 2019 and not 2009 of the great recession.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
So should we abbreviate Titanium Elite here as Tit or TitE?
Given the level of discourse and misinformation that appears here too often I think it's obvious that we're all "Tits" now isn't it?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
One positive - no more horrendously dated "Marriott" typography in the brandmark
I've often said that a company changing its logo shows that it doesn't know where it's heading. Indeed that appears to be the case here. Coca-Cola doesn't seem to be doing too bad with it's 100+year old logo. Pepsi has tried but figured out that having a solid, stable identity is better than being trendy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.