Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meet Marriott Bonvoy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:46 pm

I still can't get the app to work right on my phone, but it seems to work on my tablet. But it leaves me confused: Does anyone's virtual membership card on the app have their last name? Mine does not and in the settings my last name is missing a couple of letters.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
lol.

I'm surprised how lackluster the logo is. The font is boring. The design is boring. Nothing about the logo is inspiring or eye-catching. It's very likely Marriott spend decent money with an advertising/branding firm, and I can't believe Marriott decided that.
Hopefully Marriott can save up some money and can afford a new name/logo and colors for their loyalty program maybe by 2025.
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Did anyone else notice an unexplained points balance bump today? I haven’t had any recent stays, nor do I see any activitiy that would explain it, but I would estimate my account balance increased by about 5k points today.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Our apologies for any inconvenience. We would like to help sort this out, so if you can us the details via email, we can forward them to our web assistance team for follow up. We would first suggest the normal steps of clearing cache (temporary files) and cookies, then log out of their Marriott Bonvoy account online, then close all browser windows before trying again. Please note that clearing cookies may also remove any stored passwords in the browser.

It is important for you to log out to ensure no bad/old data is saved and so that the online account has a chance to refresh.

Also note that cache and cookies are 2 different things. The cache memory is what remembers old content for faster page loading and may cause errors after updates. Cookies are mostly only meant for tracking during the current session. Both can still remember old errors that may have existed in the browser."

You should also be aware that being on a VPN sometimes interferes with your browsing experience. Try browsing without being on VPN and see if this fixes the issue.

If this does not resolve your issue, you can you can send an email to [email protected] along with any screenshots leading up to and including the error message.

It also helps if you include the following information in your email:

-What browser(s) have you tried? Is the issue happening over multiple browsers or just one?
-Are you using a desktop/laptop or a mobile device?
-If you are using mobile device does this issue persist when on a desktop/laptop?

Once we have this information, we can forward it on to the web assistance team for further review, so please be as complete as possible.
William:

Thanks...You are the best!
dgreen12 and Horace like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Bonjour tristesse and adieu bonvoy. Enough said.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
I still can't get the app to work right on my phone, but it seems to work on my tablet. But it leaves me confused: Does anyone's virtual membership card on the app have their last name? Mine does not and in the settings my last name is missing a couple of letters.
Mine is also first name only.

In the Apple Wallet, my virtual card has no name at all; it's only when you tap on the three dots in the lower right hand corner of the "card" that you get to my name.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
And this is probably just me being lazy, but where can I see my current progress towards lifetime status? Can't find it with the new user interface.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
And this is probably just me being lazy, but where can I see my current progress towards lifetime status? Can't find it with the new user interface.
The same as before the Bonvoy Age - you have to either use the app, or log in and go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi.

Though right now, I'm getting invalid page errors on anything other than the front page.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Trying to edit my profile, then this

General Error

We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Our apologies for any inconvenience. We would like to help sort this out, so if you can us the details via email, we can forward them to our web assistance team for follow up. We would first suggest the normal steps of clearing cache (temporary files) and cookies, then log out of their Marriott Bonvoy account online, then close all browser windows before trying again. Please note that clearing cookies may also remove any stored passwords in the browser.

It is important for you to log out to ensure no bad/old data is saved and so that the online account has a chance to refresh.

Also note that cache and cookies are 2 different things. The cache memory is what remembers old content for faster page loading and may cause errors after updates. Cookies are mostly only meant for tracking during the current session. Both can still remember old errors that may have existed in the browser."

You should also be aware that being on a VPN sometimes interferes with your browsing experience. Try browsing without being on VPN and see if this fixes the issue.

If this does not resolve your issue, you can you can send an email to [email protected] along with any screenshots leading up to and including the error message.

It also helps if you include the following information in your email:

-What browser(s) have you tried? Is the issue happening over multiple browsers or just one?
-Are you using a desktop/laptop or a mobile device?
-If you are using mobile device does this issue persist when on a desktop/laptop?

Once we have this information, we can forward it on to the web assistance team for further review, so please be as complete as possible.
Thanks WIlliam and thanks to the entire Bonvoy team for your efforts to MAKE MARRIOTT GREAT AGAIN !!!

Suggestion: Ignore the chronic naysayers, whiners, and malcontents. They live to complain and kvetch.
They'd find fault in the Declaration of Independence. Why is John Hancock's name so big? Why is the script illegible? Why is it written on old parchment? Why are the words so archaic? etc.... yada, yada, yada...

Newman
rick253 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
There are some non-cosmetic (e.g. Marriott loyalty programs -> loyalty program) changes in here.

2.1.b now includes taxes, spa, etc. as a part of some properties - albeit only three.
2.1.d.goes more restrictive on a terms change from same day check-in to the same property to within 24 hours.
2.8.a- points transfers between accounts raised from a cap of 50K/yr to 100K/yr
2.10.a. Merchandise through MORE, 2.10.d on Diner's club Club rewards to points removed from old terms (absent in new terms)
3.2.e.iii - removes reference to Free Night Awards at the following locations require a higher amount of Points - figure category 8 rollout + offpeak/standard/peak pricing made this redundant, replaced with a clause that the WEstin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal, Costa Rica & Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort, Panama have fees for third plus guests beyond award redemptions.
3.2.n.i - Pretty much any Marriott property may limit the number of standard rooms available for redemption on a limited number of days - another kick in the teeth on the no blackout benefit
3.5 - due to MARSHA/OPERA integration at SPG properties rather than legacy SPG backend PointSaver awards are generally available rather than just at legacy MR properties
3.7.e. - similar but for instant redemption awards (now available at legacy SPG brands)
3.14.b - new clause that Travel Packages are excluded from airline partner conversion bonus campaigns. More information on the Travel Packages may be obtained here.
4.3.a.III - an honest to god enhancement where plat (50)/titanium (75)/ambassador (100 nights + $20K eligible spend) elite members are not only owed cash compensation but a minimum of 90,000 points if they're walked from many Marriott brands (140K points in addition to the cash at Ritz/St. Regis)

Section 7.2 for Vistana - larger differences, not familiar enough to assess what they are.
KRSW and dimon84 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Will there be any Marriott Bonvoy welcome pack sent out?
And for those of us who qualified for Lifetime Platinum/Titanium, will we get sent anything?
Yeah, I remember the fancy metal card in a nice package sent to SPG LT Plats not that long ago; I qualified last year but never even got a "thanks" email.
KRSW and thomas199023 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K + BR, TSA Pre-√, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum Elite
What a joke. Now a “Titanium” member, tried to book a week in Hawaii. I got “Our server is being stubborn, please try again”.

Emded up up booking with Hilton.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt / SPG
When will the insiders website work again lurker?
https://insiders.marriottrewards.com/news
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The printed Bonvoy literature (for the program and the credit card) has lots of blue and the photos remind one of beach resorts, so it looks similar to what Marriott was recently distributing at hotel desks.

The new elite keyboards are dark charcoal and I think the regular ones are bright red, but these are supposedly temporary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.