Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meet Marriott Bonvoy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
All complete apart from all I get it the message...

Our server is being stubborn, please try again

Who would have thought they could manage to screw up both integration dates!! I have tried multiple browsers and even a machine that has never been to marriott.com before in its life and takes ages to load the sign in page, but manages it I just cant actually search for a hotel!
EuropeanPete and KRSW like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
Re new logo, is there any significance why the second "o" in Bonvoy is smaller and underlined in orange?
Yes, that represents the expected value of loyalty to Marriott under the new scheme. It’s not an “o” it’s actually a tiny “0” with the line representing where Marriott would like to things next “enhancement”.

C’mon, that was too easy!

According to the Google machine, “Orange represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation. In heraldry, orange is symbolic of strength and endurance.” So, your guess is as good as mine there!
KRSW likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Same crappy website functionality with a different color lipstick...
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:14 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Will there be any Marriott Bonvoy welcome pack sent out?
And for those of us who qualified for Lifetime Platinum/Titanium, will we get sent anything?
We will not be issuing physical Marriott Bonvoy membership cards, but we will offer a virtual membership card via the Marriott Bonvoy App.

We are certain that Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite members will continue to be contacted if they have opted in, but there will be no metal cards created for this level.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
All complete apart from all I get it the message...

Our server is being stubborn, please try again

Who would have thought they could manage to screw up both integration dates!! I have tried multiple browsers and even a machine that has never been to marriott.com before in its life and takes ages to load the sign in page, but manages it I just cant actually search for a hotel!
Our apologies for any inconvenience. We would like to help sort this out, so if you can us the details via email, we can forward them to our web assistance team for follow up. We would first suggest the normal steps of clearing cache (temporary files) and cookies, then log out of their Marriott Bonvoy account online, then close all browser windows before trying again. Please note that clearing cookies may also remove any stored passwords in the browser.

It is important for you to log out to ensure no bad/old data is saved and so that the online account has a chance to refresh.

Also note that cache and cookies are 2 different things. The cache memory is what remembers old content for faster page loading and may cause errors after updates. Cookies are mostly only meant for tracking during the current session. Both can still remember old errors that may have existed in the browser."

You should also be aware that being on a VPN sometimes interferes with your browsing experience. Try browsing without being on VPN and see if this fixes the issue.

If this does not resolve your issue, you can you can send an email to [email protected] along with any screenshots leading up to and including the error message.

It also helps if you include the following information in your email:

-What browser(s) have you tried? Is the issue happening over multiple browsers or just one?
-Are you using a desktop/laptop or a mobile device?
-If you are using mobile device does this issue persist when on a desktop/laptop?

Once we have this information, we can forward it on to the web assistance team for further review, so please be as complete as possible.
Newman likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
We are certain that Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite members will continue to be contacted if they have opted in, but there will be no metal cards created for this level.
Firstly, has anyone here been contacted by Marriott regarding LTTE status? Or even heard of someone who has.

Secondly, how does one opt in for LTTE?
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Firstly, has anyone here been contacted by Marriott regarding LTTE status? Or even heard of someone who has.
The communication strategy on this was probably misunderstood. My personal understanding is that no one was proactively contacted via email. However, by logging into their account and viewing their current status, they are - in effect - notified.

One does not opt into LTTE, but one does opt into receiving communications from Marriott Bonvoy...or, they probably won't be receiving anything other than reservation confirmation emails.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer

1 - No. It's been posted/speculated elsewhere this will be happening later this year (i.e., some sort of e-mail/welcome packet from Bonvoy); don't recall precisely, but it's in one of the multitude of threads about lifetime status.

2 - He probably means "opt in" for communications about the program, etc. (that's in the communication preferences tab of your profile, FYI). If you're LT Ti, you're LT Ti: you "opted in" when you joined SPG/MR and again when you combined your accounts (you did that, didn't you?)...

cheers and BON VOYage!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:45 am

The communication strategy on this was probably misunderstood. My personal understanding is that no one was proactively contacted via email. However, by logging into their account and viewing their current status, they are - in effect - notified.
That's good to know - thank you!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by AAir_head
2 - He probably means "opt in" for communications about the program, etc. (that's in the communication preferences tab of your profile, FYI). If you're LT Ti, you're LT Ti: you "opted in" when you joined SPG/MR and again when you combined your accounts (you did that, didn't you?)...
Apparently so (and yes, I was a fairly early combiner). Thanks much.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
bring back the HaveHeartOne typeface for the rewards program. the new design is too boring.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:31 am

Can Bonvoy now please launch a decent quarterly promotion (double points would be pretty nice), now that it has left most of its top and most loyal customers out of the seasonal targeted promos?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
"The Bonvoy Lurker" sounds like a nickname for a peeping Tom.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Our apologies for any inconvenience. We would like to help sort this out, so if you can us the details via email, we can forward them to our web assistance team for follow up. We would first suggest the normal steps of clearing cache (temporary files) and cookies, then log out of their Marriott Bonvoy account online, then close all browser windows before trying again. Please note that clearing cookies may also remove any stored passwords in the browser.

It is important for you to log out to ensure no bad/old data is saved and so that the online account has a chance to refresh.

Also note that cache and cookies are 2 different things. The cache memory is what remembers old content for faster page loading and may cause errors after updates. Cookies are mostly only meant for tracking during the current session. Both can still remember old errors that may have existed in the browser."

You should also be aware that being on a VPN sometimes interferes with your browsing experience. Try browsing without being on VPN and see if this fixes the issue.

If this does not resolve your issue, you can you can send an email to [email protected] along with any screenshots leading up to and including the error message.

It also helps if you include the following information in your email:

-What browser(s) have you tried? Is the issue happening over multiple browsers or just one?
-Are you using a desktop/laptop or a mobile device?
-If you are using mobile device does this issue persist when on a desktop/laptop?

Once we have this information, we can forward it on to the web assistance team for further review, so please be as complete as possible.
I appreciate the assistance and suggestions but as I mentioned I tried it on a computer that had never been to marriott's website before. I run an IT company and as such have access to various systems. The good news is that after trying it on and off for the last few hours it has started to work again so it looks like just a website gitch.

I will add that it still seems to be taking an age to bring the singin page up when you initially click sign in, but it does get there so no real issue!

Thanks again for the offer of assistance, but it seems things are working again for the time being
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by HockeyCoachBen

Yes, that represents the expected value of loyalty to Marriott under the new scheme. It’s not an “o” it’s actually a tiny “0” with the line representing where Marriott would like to things next “enhancement”.

C’mon, that was too easy!

According to the Google machine, “Orange represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation. In heraldry, orange is symbolic of strength and endurance.” So, your guess is as good as mine there!
lol.

I'm surprised how lackluster the logo is. The font is boring. The design is boring. Nothing about the logo is inspiring or eye-catching. It's very likely Marriott spend decent money with an advertising/branding firm, and I can't believe Marriott decided that.
KRSW and HockeyCoachBen like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.