FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Has anyone gotten status for no apparent reason? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1956020-has-anyone-gotten-status-no-apparent-reason.html)

stheller Feb 12, 2019 8:15 pm

Has anyone gotten status for no apparent reason?

Both my wife and I are suddenly showing up as Platinum elite, and I'm showing up as having lifetime Gold as well.

She also got a message from them saying:
"Nice work: You stayed 50 nights or more with us in 2018. We've deposited five Suite Night Awards into your account as your Annual Choice Benefit to thank you for your loyalty."

I checked her account and indeed those awards are there. However, I'm sure she didn't spend more than a week or so total at any Marriott last year. I'm also reasonably sure that I haven't qualified for lifetime anything, but I might be wrong about that.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

BillBurn Feb 12, 2019 8:20 pm

Marriott IT error in your favor, collect 5 Suite Night Awards

Probably just the 1st of many post in the coming days about a variety of IT errors created by the program consolidation. At least this one is a positive one!

stheller Feb 12, 2019 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by BillBurn (Post 30771677)
Marriott IT error in your favor, collect 5 Suite Night Awards

Probably just the 1st of many post in the coming days about a variety of IT errors created by the program consolidation. At least this one is a positive one!

Yes, and I remember the similar card from Monopoly!

Kacee Feb 12, 2019 8:43 pm

Wow sure am glad I did 79 the hard way last year.

satman40 Feb 12, 2019 9:03 pm

You can check and see what hotel she spent 50 nights at..

They will catch it, if not enjoy the larger room..

cln Feb 12, 2019 9:08 pm

I got lifetime plat with only 550 nights in the account visible but actually 50 ltnights went missing after the merger...

philemer Feb 12, 2019 11:20 pm

DW got Plat. status about a year ago after only 2 stays. Assuming she'll be back to 'dirt' on 3/1/19. Go figure.

vantage03 Feb 13, 2019 2:38 am

2 years ago I got upgraded to SPG Plat from Gold (through Amex) at 25 nights, for no apparent reason, and ‘soft’ dropped the Gold then last year after not requalifying.

Then got matched to Plat Elite in the merger so I must be flagged as ‘earning SPG Gold’ rather than having it through Amex..

I’ll take it ;)

JBord Feb 13, 2019 7:25 am

I've had LT Platinum for about a month now, even though I'm at 595 nights. Who knows if they ever correct it or not. For me it won't matter in another month or so, but for others, enjoy it while you can.

caseminole Feb 13, 2019 11:32 am

I went from Plat Premier to Titanium... but didnt requalify this year

I thought I would be downgraded to Gold Elite based on my Platinum AmEx.

Is this status just for today then, and I can expect the downgrade to still occur sometime this month?

monsieurcumulus Feb 13, 2019 11:54 am

Status Updates and stay credits are supposed to happen March 1st to the latest. Enjoy it while it lasts!