Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Feb 12, 2019 : Adios & Farewell to Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest

Feb 12, 2019 : Adios & Farewell to Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest

Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:46 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I wish I were in a Starwood now for one last time.
Funny enough I am in a Starwood hotel right now. It is actually my first Starwood stay in Korea, as I always did Marriott before. I'm more looking forward to my new couple Starwood Stays, especially a St. Regis one I got planned in March!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Deleting the SPG app was weird and it felt like I was deleting an old TRUSTED friends phone number after they got married to someone I didn't fully trust and didn't really like.

Hope my view changes as time goes on but we are surely off to a rough start.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I am now (and for the next few weeks) a Titanium Elite (per the new app) and frankly I'd rather be an SPG-50.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Ten minutes to go. I was told that Bonvoy launches at 9:00 am USA east coast time, at least in the USA. The hotel told me that there will be balloons in the lobby and games to win points. It's unclear what time zone overseas hotels are following as it would seem weird to hold these little celebrations in the middle of the night.

Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: MYOB
Originally Posted by lingua101

I have to say the apps looks neater compare to the old Marriott one. It took sometimes at this page before it proceed to next screen. I hope this is just one time conversion. I feel the design is much neater.
Other than a gussied up home page, has anyone found any FUNCTION improvements? (Crickets)
Nope.,.this is truly lipstick on a pig.

Check multiple rates anyone?
Display the breakdown of “extra” points from a stay?
The list of things that could make our accounts better goes on and on. But alas, Marriott has no intention of improvements.
Welcome to mediocrity
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For now at least, I'm going to avoid deleting the SPG app and keep the beloved purple icon on my phone.
MountainGuy likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:21 am

Seems like this entire forum has become a tribute to the difficulty of humans to accept change and the need to wax nostalgic for days gone by.
Antarius likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
The fun begins. Keeps giving me “unable to sign in” when trying to access from the website. No targeted promotion and now Marriott doesn’t want me to even book stays.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Leisuremiles
Seems like this entire forum has become a tribute to the difficulty of humans to accept change and the need to wax nostalgic for days gone by.
This quote sounds like a Marriott loyalist who has no idea what being a Starwood Platinum is like. "Ooooh... free breakfast at Courtyard now! Wow.. this is GREAT" sayeth the poor Marriott loyalist.

That said, I have zero difficulty accepting change. I changed my loyalty from Marriott to Hyatt/Hilton. I've had enough of Marriott's bean counters after being treated like royalty at SPG. Don't get me started on the multiple devaluations the past couple years ever since Marriott's bean counters took over...
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Prem, UA Silver, Delta GM
FWIW, I updated the app this morning, and later this morning tried to modify an upcoming reservation. At the end of the process it kept erroring out. I wound up going to my laptop and doing it and it worked fine there.

Also not deleting the SPG app. For now. Ironically checked out of a Renaissance today to check into a 4P tonight, cue Huey Lewis singing about going back in time.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:18 am

Heymon- Welcome to the forum.

As for me, not a "loyalist" for any program. I think of myself as a pragmatist, Bonvoy (Marriott Rewards) works for me currently, especially with the addition of the former SPG properties. Hilton holds no appeal and if I would have a need or desire to stay in multiple Hilton properties I would simple get the credit card for top status. I think Hyatt may be the best program out there (for Globalists) but the footprint is far to small to fit my needs. I will remain with Bonvoy for as long as it fits my needs but I certainly respect those who have made other choices.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
For now at least, I'm going to avoid deleting the SPG app and keep the beloved purple icon on my phone.
I'm putting it in the R.I.P. folder next to the US Airways app.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Leisuremiles
Well maybe, but it's probably more diplomatic not to shout it out at those who are paying their respects at the wake of a much-loved friend …..
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Tanic
I'm putting it in the R.I.P. folder next to the US Airways app.
That one I gladly deleted!!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: AA EXP/CK, SPG LT Platinum(RIP), Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
SPG was a part of many fond memories and friendships. SPG is now gone, but I have the memories and the friendships, so not all bad.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.