Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Marriott Bonvoy Elite Upgrade Experiences 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yosithezet
POSTING FORMAT

Property:
Date(s):
Room booked:
Room received:
Elite Level: (Platinum, Titanium, Ambassador)
Award stay: (yes/no), type (Points, PointSavers, C+P, Travel Package, CCFNA35K, CCFNA40K, etc.)
Rate Type: (Off Peak/Standard/Peak)
LNF stay: (yes/no)
SNAs redeemed: (yes/no)
Comments:
Print Wikipost

Post Your Marriott Bonvoy Elite Upgrade Experiences 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Property: JW Marriott South Beach
Date(s): Jun 2019
Room booked: Base Deluxe room
Room received: Premier Marina Bay View Suite
Elite Level: Ambassador
Award stay: no
Rate Type: Standard
LNF stay: no
SNAs redeemed: yes, only selecting this particular suite type.
Comments:
Nice stay, staff are very friendly and efficient.
SNA redeemed without issue. approved on 5th day mark
The room itself seems start showing its age.
xar likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Property: Aloft Dublin City
Date(s): May 2019
Room booked: Aloft king
Room received: Once Urban king, once Aloft king
Elite Level: Platinum
Award stay: No
LNF stay: No
SNAs redeemed: No
Comments: Had 2 stays. Hardware wise rooms are new, modern and pretty decent. The staff at the front office is however horrible and certainly suitable in hospitality industry. Platinum breakfast was denied as welcome gift option, claiming that they are "special" property to whom Marriott Bonvoy rules do not apply. When requesting benefits guarantee compensation instead, they also denied that. After two phone calls with Platinum line, they finally educated the front office that breakfast should be one of 3 options which are predefined by the programme. While having high floor preference in profile, both times given low floor. The Urban king on 1st floor should be avoided, behind the windows is balcony roof which is full of rubbish and sigarette buts. Late check-out requested, but denied both times. Also when you do mobile check in there's no trace of that on your arrival. And the invoice they promised to send by email never arrived - requested again via in-app chat later, it took over 2 hours to get reply. Regarding the room upgrades (which are not programme benefit in Aloft) - front office manger said that all the suites are trashed by previous guests and currently on maintanance. If the staff would be changed/re-trained, there's potential. Probably more suitable for non-elite members or non-members who book via Booking.com rather than elites via Marriott channels expecting to be welcomed.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Property: Sheraton Athlone
Room booked: Classic
Room received: Deluxe
SNAs redeemed: no
Comments: Great property, I would say best in Marriott chain in Ireland service-wise. Well-kept rooms, at high floors good panoramic views of the city. TV has free integrated music library and Youtube player. Very quiet lounge with good evening spread (with chicken as hot option and different hams, cheeses, breads, fruits as cold), instead of lounge, full hot breakfast served in the main restaurant. Can opt in Green Choice programme as well. Walking distance to bus and train stations.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Fims
Property: Aloft Dublin City
Room booked: Aloft king
Room received: Once Urban king, once Aloft king
Comments: Had 2 stays. Hardware wise rooms are new, modern and pretty decent. The staff at the front office is however horrible and certainly suitable in hospitality industry. Platinum breakfast was denied as welcome gift option, claiming that they are "special" property to whom Marriott Bonvoy rules do not apply. When requesting benefits guarantee compensation instead, they also denied that. After two phone calls with Platinum line, they finally educated the front office that breakfast should be one of 3 options which are predefined by the programme. While having high floor preference in profile, both times given low floor. The Urban king on 1st floor should be avoided, behind the windows is balcony roof which is full of rubbish and sigarette buts. Late check-out requested, but denied both times. Also when you do mobile check in there's no trace of that on your arrival. And the invoice they promised to send by email never arrived - requested again via in-app chat later, it took over 2 hours to get reply. Regarding the room upgrades (which are not programme benefit in Aloft) - front office manger said that all the suites are trashed by previous guests and currently on maintanance. If the staff would be changed/re-trained, there's potential. Probably more suitable for non-elite members or non-members who book via Booking.com rather than elites via Marriott channels expecting to be welcomed.
wow. I received very similar treatment 1 week ago - was told that as a franchise they didn’t have to offer me breakfast. The manager told me that he corrected his trainee, but it appears they are still at the same nonsense. I did get a late checkout though without stress (well... they programmed the card for 130am instead of 130pm...)

Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by jamesie_version1

wow. I received very similar treatment 1 week ago - was told that as a franchise they didn’t have to offer me breakfast. The manager told me that he corrected his trainee, but it appears they are still at the same nonsense. I did get a late checkout though without stress (well... they programmed the card for 130am instead of 130pm...)
Everything is getting more and more incredible to me!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Property: W Koh Samui
Date(s): May 2019 (5 nights)
Room booked: Tropical Oasis Villa
Room received: Ocean Front Haven Villa
Elite Level: Titanium
Rate Type: Escape Package
SNAs redeemed: Yes
Comments: SNAs cleared at window. I do not recommend this room type. While they call the room "ocean front" there is no view of the beach or water from inside the villa, and there was a serious mosquito problem due to defective door seals. As service recovery, wound up in an Extreme Wow Ocean Haven Villa. Which was spectacular.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Property: Le Meridien Chiang Mai, Thailand
Date(s): May 2019 (2 nights)
Room booked: King Deluxe
Room received: One bedroom executive suite
Rate Type: Member rate, pre-pay, no changes/cancellations/refunds
Comments: Very nice (and large) room(s). Executive lounge is open from 0630-2200 continuously, though I used it only for afternoon coffee and snack. At check-in given choice of about five "gift" options, including bonus points, international breakfast buffet, and some other things I don't recall. I could have eaten breakfast in the lounge and taken the points but instead chose the international breakfast buffet as the welcome gift. Welcome card in the room along with a three tiered Thai crockery thing-y that had bits of sweetened fruit over banana leaves. Service from all staff members was top notch.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Bonvoy, Enrich
Property: Westin Langkawi, Malaysia
Date(s): June2019 (1nights)
Room booked: Standard Queen
Room received: One bedroom ocean view suite
Rate Type: Corp rate
Comments: Very nice service and resort. We only stayed one night, but will likely be back for a weekend visit.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Property: Hotel Banke Opera, Autograph Collection
Date(s): June2019 (3nights)
Room booked: Superior Double
Room received: Executive Queen
Elite Level: Ambassador
Rate Type: Unknown
Comments: Standard for Paris, small room, Champagne as a welcome in room gift.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Qatar Privilege Club Silver
Property: Tokyo Marriott
Date(s): 29.april - 2.may
Room booked: Deluxe Room
Room received: Deluxe Room
Award stay: yes, Points
Rate Type:
Comments: Golden week

Property: Prince Gallery Tokyo

Date(s): 2.may - 6.may
Room booked: Deluxe Premier Twin
Room received: Club Deluxe Premier Twin
Rate Type:
Comments: Because the booking was made last October, I wrote them and they gave us free access to the lounge

Property: Sheraton Macao

Date(s): 17.may - 22.may
Room booked: Deluxe Twin
Room received: Deluxe Twin
Rate Type:
Comments: Saturday night - hotel was fully booked
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:57 pm

Royal Orchid Sheraton Bangkok
5 nights in May, booked cheapest flexible rate, upgrade to Exec Suite.
New GM has started, had a nice chat, very pleasant.
ROS missed out in the bidding for the duty free concession at BKK ( as expected, King Power got it again).
The lounge was quite busy: I suspect they’re ramping up the paid entry deal. Wasn’t uncomfortably crowded.
xar likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Kara5930
Property: Sheraton Macao
Date(s): 17.may - 22.may
Room booked: Deluxe Twin
Room received: Deluxe Twin
Rate Type:
Comments: Saturday night - hotel was fully booked
Seems to be the case all the time now. I used to get a huge suite here staying over weekends in 2015-2017 but now we are hit with the double whammy of highly inflated Saturday night room rates and no chance of a suite upgrade. Good for them. 4000 rooms and all booked solid on Saturday nights.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:15 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Property: westin Mumbai Garden City, India
Date(s): May 2019 (3 nights)
Room booked: standard
Room received: Executive Suite (highest category)
Rate Type: corporate
comments: they also include an “experience” for elite members like sight seeing tours. I have opted for a bubble bath with a glass of wine . Excellent service , great hotel
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:47 am

Property: Gritti Palace
Date(s): May 23-28/19
Room booked: Venetian
Room received: Giglio Prestige
Rate Type: Standard/Peak
Comments: beautiful hotel. Great location. The Riva Yacht experience is great. All the staff we came across were 👌🏻.

Property: St Regis Florence
Date(s): May 28-June 2/19
Room booked: deluxe
Room received: Grande Deluxe Suite
Award stay: yes, points
Rate Type: standard
SNAs redeemed: yes
Comments: I requested a SNA to only an Arno Junior suite, but received the Grand Deluxe anyways. Something was just off about this stay. Some nights didn’t get turn down. Never knew which bath amenities you may end up with on any given day. They asked if we wanted beds split, we said yes, but it never happened. Crappy pillows (non feather), requested feather pillows through the app, got more crappy filled ones. Feather pillows never did show up. The first morning at breakfast, we couldn’t make eye contact with anyone or even get anyone’s attention to get coffee. It was like we were invisible. Nothing big to complain about, but a bunch of small things that added up to a not perfect experience.

Property: St Regis Rome
Date(s): June 5-7, 19
Room booked: Deluxe
Room received: St Regis Suite
Rate Type: standard
Comments: App originally said Presidential Suite, which I was pretty excited about, but apparently that was not meant to be! St Regis Suite is beautiful though. This hotel is stunning!

Last edited by jdj84; Jun 5, 2019 at 2:04 pm
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:37 pm

Location: Continual long-term travelling since 2016 (4 continents, 26 countries, ~80 cities)
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum Elite, United Silver, Hertz Five Star, Etc.
POSTING FORMAT

Property: Le Méridien Piccadilly
Date(s): June 1st-8th 2019
Room booked: Deluxe Room, Guest room, 1 King
Room received: Deluxe Room, Guest room, 1 Queen (although nightly was discounted accordingly)
SNAs: No
Comments: No free breakfast, no welcome gift (or at least no choice was given). In our humble opinion hotel is overpriced at a category 7 (~$350+ a night) for the service and attentiveness of staff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.