Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

I am platinum premier, how do I book rooms for other ppl?

Old Feb 11, 19, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K, MM, BA, Delta, PriorityClub Platinum, Marriott Gold.

I am hosting a group of ppl in June and I'd like to book hotel rooms for them, I'd be paying for one group but not others. How do I book under my status but then have it booked for their name?

I assume I can just book under my name and just change CC at the checkin? But could I change the name of reservation?
Old Feb 12, 19, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott/SPG Platinum
What are you trying to achieve? Are you trying to get them your PP benefits while they pay for the room themselves? If yes, please remember that elite benefits are available only for member's room.

Some hotels may provide it for 2 rooms but only if both the rooms stay on member's name. This is not something you should expect, but be happy if you get.
Old Feb 12, 19, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL 1.6MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by alexbc View Post
I am hosting a group of ppl in June and I'd like to book hotel rooms for them, I'd be paying for one group but not others. How do I book under my status but then have it booked for their name?

I assume I can just book under my name and just change CC at the checkin? But could I change the name of reservation?
You have several options for this question...
  • Rewarding Events (You'd earn 10 EQN for the first Event, 1 EQN per 20 Room Nights, and all the points but you'd be footing the bill)
  • Normal Booking FAQ
    • Members can earn Points for up to three guest rooms with the same stay dates at a participating property when (1) each room is paid for by the Member and all charges are settled at check-out; and (2) one room is occupied by the Member.
Unfortunately your Marriott Bonvoy status can't be granted to other people unless it is negotiated with the property through Rewarding Events.
Old Feb 12, 19, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K, MM, BA, Delta, PriorityClub Platinum, Marriott Gold.
I am trying to upgrade them, and also earn some points, at least on the rooms I pay for personally. Is that possible?
Old Feb 12, 19, 2:17 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
I am trying to upgrade them, and also earn some points, at least on the rooms I pay for personally. Is that possible?
You can earn points on 3 rooms if you are personally able to check them in. 1 room would be eligible to get an upgrade. If you're not there at check-in you're not eligible to get anything.
Old Feb 12, 19, 6:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Cathay Pacific Silver
By "trying to upgrade them" do you mean you are trying to book and pay for suites and rooms with executive lounge access in which case the app will let you do that and you will get the points for up to three rooms at these higher rates (yours and two others).

If you mean you are trying to get the hotel to give you free suite upgrades and lounge access for the additional rooms while paying the basic room rate then good luck to you. PPE or not this is an extremely unlikely outcome. You and millions of other PPEs would love it if this was the case but that's not the purpose of a personal loyalty scheme.
Old Feb 12, 19, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
you can book up to 3 rooms and get points for all the rooms, but just 1 stay credit. I have had hotels upgrade just my room or all the rooms, it depends. You can simply book 3 rooms under your account; they will all get different reservation numbers ... it is not an issue. Don't expect to get benefits for more than just your room.