Get ready for Marriott Bonvoy

Old Feb 8, 2019, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Agreed that the Bonvoy webpage continues poor communication but ....

The launch of Marriott Bonvoy will introduce two new names for previous Elite status tier names:
– Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite will replace Platinum Premier Elite for members who surpass 75 nights.
– Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite will replace Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador. This top Elite status tier recognizes members who surpass 100 nights and more than $20,000 in spend annually. These members enjoy the highest level of personalization with a dedicated ambassador to help plan their travel and cater to their needs one-on-one.

Marriott International Announces Marriott Bonvoy ? The New Brand Name Of Its Loyalty Program Marriott News Center

Isn't this a definite positive?
It's a positive that Marriott's own internal people may finally know how to distinguish statuses? There are no additional benefits announced with the name changes. They are really lowering the bar to what gets customer's excited or perceiving as positive.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Feb 13th will be a sad day for this SPG fan. Marriott has not delivered on most of the promises that Mr. Sorenson made. Web and mobile features and reliability are a fraction of what Starwood offered. The Ambassador program can't or won't deliver. Pepsi. Names you can't say with a straight face: Bonvoe/bonvoi/bonvoy and Titanium. The only positive thing I can come up with right now is that it's always great to see William's name and its great to know he continues to part of the mix.
Brendan, bbbb, karenkay and 15 others like this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:30 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
What are we getting ready for? Besides a new name and a handful a category 8 hotels changing to the new pricing level I don’t really see much to “get ready for..”
  • the app is automatically changing over
  • the category changes having been happening annually since the beginning of time
  • no mention of peak vs off-peak award pricing
  • no mention of the new status levels
is there something positive that’s happening that we should get ready for? There are literally zero positives happening from a customer perspective.
The Bonvoy shaft, perhaps?

LAX
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Guess I got what I expected when I opened this thread.. dunno why I expected anything else. The change is happening, the teeth gnashing has been done ad nauseum. Not going to do anything.

Anyways, that said, thanks to the Lurkers for help through the merger pains.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
The one constant in life - FlyerTalkers hate change.
Horace, C17PSGR, DJ_Iceman and 9 others like this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:43 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Only 5 percent of our portfolio will be affected by the annual category changes process (excluding the arrival of Category 8).
Cynic here, anyone want to redo the math and account for the new category so we can get the true comparison to years past, instead of the marketing?
SacTownGuy likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:53 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by naumank
Anybody knows why they selected 2/13 - such an odd date in the middle of a week - to make the change? Normally these IT teams like to do the updates over the weekends.
IT upgrades and system migrations are usually scheduled for weekends to minimize effect on operations.

Marketing announcements and product rollouts are usually scheduled for Tuesday or Wednesday (e.g., Apple, IBM) to maximize media coverage and impact.
DJ_Iceman and puntamita like this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Gig103
anyone want to redo the math and account for the new category
Volunteer by suggestion?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Am I the only one who read the thread title as a threat?

(love ya William!)
Old Feb 9, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Official notification of last chance to book future Cat 8 hotels at Cat 6 points!

As a legacy SPG LTP, I'm used to aspirational SPG properties at high point prices, 30K-35K for St. Regis Florence. Marriott just provided me with an opportunity to book 5 nights each at Gritti Palace Venice and St. Regis Florence for a total of 480K MR points. Last hurrah!
Old Feb 9, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
I am hoping for 2 things:

1. Post stays within 24 hours of check out, for some reason Marriott takes forever
2. Make the points earning on the site more transparent, I want to see a breakdown on how points were earned, pretty sure 1/2 the time my go green points never make it.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
1) Can we get a Category list change that is searchable and sortable by column as in years past? Listing them by Courtyard, Farifield, JW Etc isn't too helpful.

2) What status will Lifettime Plat Premiers have in Bonvoy?

3) Can you explain how point advance works after March 5? Seems like it doesn't really work the way point advance should. Probably many people out there with travel plans just thrown for a loop.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
Probably many people out there with travel plans just thrown for a loop.
....twice for us. First time the travel certificate devaluation from Cat 6 to 4. I'd imagine there's a lot of us still trying to untangle that one.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:10 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CIT85
Official notification of last chance to book future Cat 8 hotels at Cat 6 points!

As a legacy SPG LTP, I'm used to aspirational SPG properties at high point prices, 30K-35K for St. Regis Florence. Marriott just provided me with an opportunity to book 5 nights each at Gritti Palace Venice and St. Regis Florence for a total of 480K MR points. Last hurrah!
Congrats. Those are 2 of the finest properties in Marriott’s entire portfolio.

I still do the SPG conversion in my head- yes- the best properties for essentially 16K points a night.

We we all complain about the Merger but this has been a sweet result. We have booked 6 of these 240K 5 night stays for 2019 and will be booking a few more for 2020 before March 5th.

And honestly- since we tend to travel off peak- the new category 8 points are still less than we were paying at Starwood. Even peak redemptions will essentially be the same.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by CIT85

Well, at least your aspirational hotels are reservable. Mine are currently blocked. Kyoto RC isn’t accepting award reservations, at least during the time I was looking for. It wouldn’t surprise me if this is due to their waiting until the new Cat 8 rates become available.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.