FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Bonvoy Travel Agent Rate (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1955248-bonvoy-travel-agent-rate.html)

flo_147 Feb 8, 2019 9:38 am

Bonvoy Travel Agent Rate

Hey guys,

As a certified TA, I used to book the official TA rate many times after the merger happened. Former SPG properties had the best availability - nearly every day. Now - for 2019 - I don't see a single night at previously wide open SPG properties. Do they still have to load the rate plan or what's going on?

C17PSGR Feb 8, 2019 9:56 am

There seems to still be a disconnect between some SPG hotels and certain rate codes.

For example, I am eligible for a rate that had a Marriott code and a SET code. When I search for reservations using the Marriott code, I only see Marriott properties. However, if I open up for a particular hotel and then change the rates to look for the Marriott code for that specific property, it sometimes works.

IrishStephen Feb 9, 2019 6:15 am

Originally Posted by flo_147 (Post 30754191)
Hey guys,

As a certified TA, I used to book the official TA rate many times after the merger happened. Former SPG properties had the best availability - nearly every day. Now - for 2019 - I don't see a single night at previously wide open SPG properties. Do they still have to load the rate plan or what's going on?

Yes I have seen the same thing happen and others in the industry also reporting. No word from Marriott though but the Famtastic Rates are not showing for most properties with loads of availability before.

ng1265 Feb 15, 2019 5:24 am

Same here...what's worse is that even the BAR with a TA code is higher than the BAR for general public in some cases

IrishStephen Feb 15, 2019 5:31 am

No fix in sight it seems :(

flo_147 Feb 15, 2019 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by IrishStephen (Post 30781540)
No fix in sight it seems :(

yeah... waiting and monitoring it since a month now and still the same. Pathetic.

IrishStephen Feb 15, 2019 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by flo_147 (Post 30783332)
yeah... waiting and monitoring it since a month now and still the same. Pathetic.

I wonder will it change. Before the 2019 click over there was so many SPG properties available and not many Marriott properties now once the systems have been integrated properly there is virtually nothing bar properties with very low occupancy rates. Perhaps its fixed as far as Marriott is concerned....

skunker Feb 15, 2019 8:10 pm

Well, I got this a couple days before the switchover.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9433cac3e.jpeg

IrishStephen Feb 15, 2019 8:31 pm

All compliant and have done the 2019 training but most properties off line. Also no longer can you search by month. You get an error saying rate code as we all know starts with a H isn’t available to do a broad monthly search.

I’ve just moved it over to Hilton which is a shame as some great properties I’d like to try. I do realise however this is the last thing on their list whic the new programme.

flo_147 Mar 23, 2019 3:41 am

Still waiting and no progress on the horizon it seems. Seems like a lot of hotels opted out to offer TA rates - that's a shame!
Guess I also have to follow IrishStephen and take my business elsewhere.

IrishStephen Mar 23, 2019 3:44 am

Originally Posted by flo_147 (Post 30919743)
Still waiting and no progress on the horizon it seems. Seems like a lot of hotels opted out to offer TA rates - that's a shame!
Guess I also have to follow IrishStephen and take my business elsewhere.

I have noticed some availability opening up in Dubai and also some other areas. I did report it to Marriott as you can't scan with corporate rate codes either. I think that this is a known problem but far down the list as they have so many other issues since the change over.