Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Residence Inn Myrtle Beach Oceanfront - SC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Residence Inn Myrtle Beach Oceanfront - SC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Happy to report that after finishing the stay - the daily fees were automatically waived without having to address it.
Overall we have enjoyed the stay and location.
KRSW likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 3:28 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Trip in Feb 2021

Hi - we are planning for a family trip later this month to Myrtle Beach. Deciding between RI vs. Marriott Grande Dunes. Any suggestions?
Old Feb 6, 2021, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by metalblaze
Hi - we are planning for a family trip later this month to Myrtle Beach. Deciding between RI vs. Marriott Grande Dunes. Any suggestions?
No brainer that the Marriott Grande Dunes is nicer. My whole family loves the pool! That section of Myrtle Beach is also more family friendly in my opinon.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 2:14 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Originally Posted by metalblaze
Family stayed at the RI about two weeks ago for 5 days. The property itself is nice, direct beach access, ocean views, close to the airport but there is not much close by (the hotel has a food truck and a 2nd floor bar/restaurant). The nearest real grocery store is about 1 mile away. (a Walmart), 1/4 mile to a McDonalds and a waffle house but not much else around outside of hotels restaurants. (There might have been a small cafe across the street but it was not open when we went by) Bus route has been moved from Ocean BLVD to SR 17and ran once a hour. So we felt a little isolated without a car. If you are driving in or plan to rent a car it should be fine. Uber/Lyft was very much a hit or miss with a fair amount of 25+ minute waits since we needed to use XL (4 people). Later in our stay we moved up to North MB and stayed at the Hilton Resort. There was a lot more around there than the RI. I haven't stayed at the GD so I can't speak to that. We wouldn't be against staying at RI again if we had a vehicle.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 9:32 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I had two rooms for a family stay along with my sister-in-law in mid-July. Rooms are nice and we did cook a few dinners in them (kept it simple since there are only two burner cooktops). Breakfast was pretty much the normal Pre-Covid RI offering. Covid precautions required all guests to use hand sanitizer and put on disposable gloves, provided by the hotel, before getting food from the breakfast buffet. Beach in front of the hotel is nice and not overcrowded. Never had to walk very far to get a nice place to settle in on the beach. Food Truck other than french fries, was extremely slow service for us. Fries were good and we got them a couple of times during our stay. We drove in so grocery store and restaurant access wasn't an issue for us. Lots available with a 10 to 15 minute drive. Parking ramps and spaces in the garage are very tight. Can be nerve racking getting in and out of the garage. Airport noise wasn't an issue. You could hear planes occasionally throughout the day but it was never bothersome and wasn't constant. Elevators can be slow at times but still manageable. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would gladly go back.

--Jon

P.S. This year I was able to get a decent redemption value for our points stay (.8 cents/point). Not sure it will stay that way in the future. We had previously stayed at the RI in Bethany Beach, DE a couple of times as award stays. Another very nice beachfront RI. As of last year, they jacked the points cost per night through the roof where it no longer makes sense to go there. Cash prices are even worse at Bethany during the peak summer season.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 11:48 pm

Any more recent reviews of this place? Seems like the hotel is nice but there might not be much to do in the area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.