Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Note that some targeted promos have a variable expiration date depending when the member activates the promo, which under certain circumstances could allow you to choose the timeframe for the promo that is most advantageous for your planned travel. Read the T&Cs about expiration timeline carefully before activating any targeted promo.

Promotions Posted In Thread

Stay one paid night and get one elite night credit free.
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on May 31)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (2 month duration ending on April 30)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on Aug 31)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on Oct 31)
2,000 bonus points after your first eligible stay that includes a weekend night and 3,000 bonus points after your second eligible stay that includes a weekend night.

10 additional elite night credits after two paid stays (period ending May 31)

Earn up to 9000 bonus points, 1500/3000/4500 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (register within 3 weeks of email but no end date)
Earn up to 18,000 bonus points, 3000/6000/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 6000/7500/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 36,000 bonus points, 12,000/12,000/12,000 for 4, 8, 12 paid stays
Earn up to 12,000 bonus points, 4500/7500 for 1, 2 paid stays (poster didn't state end date)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 7500/15000 for 1, 2 paid stays (poster didn't state end date)
Earn double points on paid stays of two or more nights (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 6000/7500/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending at end of third month after registering; I registered 3/8 so ends June 30)

Earn two free nights up to 35K points after two (paid?) stays
Print Wikipost

Targeted Promotions, 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by kaizen7
I doubt Marriott computers smart enough to see which panties you are wearing
And here I was trying to come up with the most absurd reason I could think of so no one could take me seriously ....
kaizen7 and TechnoTourist like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by margarita girl

I’m at 49 nights YTD with another 54 nights booked and I got the 9000 pts promo.

No one has figured out the algorithm of who gets these targeted promos! (I suspect I got targeted because I was wearing my lucky pink panties.).
maybe because your name is so nice ! 👍😃
margarita girl and kaizen7 like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:09 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
I got my email - Double night credits for three months .
Given that I am Lifetime Titanium, I fail to see much benefit in registering! ;-)

Nick
Old May 21, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Lt Gold, Tit Elite 🤪 and for the third year running NO offers. I gave up on Marriott and took the Hilton Challenge. I have spent ZERO cash at bonvoy properties this year, only reward stays so far. What a bummer but life isnt over I hated these targeted promos during SPG and still do but it might be because I never get them 🤪

Happy for all those who who these promos but sure sucks for those of us who do not year after year, seems like they do NOT value my business 😁
cln likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Are these essentially separate from megabonus like promos, or do they stagger them with the megabonuses? I received the 2 stay 4.5k offer... have lots of summer work travel. Hoping for a megabonus on top of that. Hoping they allow for overlapping time periods.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
I got my email - Double night credits for three months .
Given that I am Lifetime Titanium, I fail to see much benefit in registering! ;-)

Nick
Nights credit should count towards the 50/75 night SNA levels, shouldn't they? If you're going to have 75 nights this year without the promo, then it is useless for you. For me (also lifetime titanium), my schedule may not put me in Marriott brands 75 nights this year, so this deal (which I did not get offered, by the way) might be of some utility.
bsdstone likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by escape4
Same here. I think we have too many Marriott stays in the pipeline to quality for targeted promos?
This theory was debunked from the outset by me already having over 50 nights booked for the year when I got the double night promo, with a majority of them falling in the 3 month promo period.
escape4 likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by goldenbear
Are these essentially separate from megabonus like promos, or do they stagger them with the megabonuses? I received the 2 stay 4.5k offer... have lots of summer work travel. Hoping for a megabonus on top of that. Hoping they allow for overlapping time periods.
If your question is "are the promotions stackable?", the answer is yes.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Still nothing this year for me :-(. LTG + Tit. 30 nights YTD + 28 more nights booked to August means Tit renewal is on track by year end.

I believe these targeted promos are random.
Old May 21, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Titanium Elite, 34 nights. I received the double credit promotion email this morning. I am already on the double points promotion until June 4th but nothing booked to double dip before then. I registered and the promotion is through August 31st so I should get some use out of it.

I don't know if the offer emails have an expiry date for registration. In the T&C it says the promotion applies to the month of registration + 3 additional months so if anyone gets the promotion closer to month end, I would wait until June 1st to register giving you four full months to earn double elite nights. It would make Platinum Elite attainable with 25 nights over the promotional period.

James
Old May 22, 2019, 12:03 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
No promo email for me till now
Old May 22, 2019, 12:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Nothing for me either
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
Is there a URL that someone can post for this new promo? For some reason I never get the emails although I’m opted in.
Here's a link to the promo in my account I got for the "More Points Ahead" (Get 1,500 bonus points after one stay*, 3,000 additional points after your second stay and 4,500 more points after your third stay. Stay at any of our 6,700 participating hotels and resorts worldwide now through 08/31/2019).

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/pro...promotion=1809

Here's a few screenshots:

Good luck!

David
Old May 22, 2019, 5:07 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
I think luck does not count ....

Old May 22, 2019, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by escape4
Same here. I think we have too many Marriott stays in the pipeline to quality for targeted promos?
Originally Posted by Dav77
Nothing here, as for other targeted promos since beginning of this year ...

Actually Plat with 28 nights done and other 30 forecasted nights (already booked) until end August (maybe that’s the problem ...?)
unlikely....i have 45 nights so far & another 32 already booked over the next 3 months....i got the stay twice, get 4.5k points....

my brother has 3 nights so far & another 2 booked for the foreseeable future....he got the stay twice, get 22.5k points....

my father has 7 nights so far with one more booked for next month....he got the same as me....stay twice, get 4.5k points....

there is no clear logic or pattern on how they pick which member gets which promo or no promo at all....
margarita girl and Dav77 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.