Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Note that some targeted promos have a variable expiration date depending when the member activates the promo, which under certain circumstances could allow you to choose the timeframe for the promo that is most advantageous for your planned travel. Read the T&Cs about expiration timeline carefully before activating any targeted promo.

Promotions Posted In Thread

Stay one paid night and get one elite night credit free.
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on May 31)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (2 month duration ending on April 30)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on Aug 31)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on Oct 31)
2,000 bonus points after your first eligible stay that includes a weekend night and 3,000 bonus points after your second eligible stay that includes a weekend night.

10 additional elite night credits after two paid stays (period ending May 31)

Earn up to 9000 bonus points, 1500/3000/4500 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (register within 3 weeks of email but no end date)
Earn up to 18,000 bonus points, 3000/6000/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 6000/7500/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 36,000 bonus points, 12,000/12,000/12,000 for 4, 8, 12 paid stays
Earn up to 12,000 bonus points, 4500/7500 for 1, 2 paid stays (poster didn't state end date)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 7500/15000 for 1, 2 paid stays (poster didn't state end date)
Earn double points on paid stays of two or more nights (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 6000/7500/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending at end of third month after registering; I registered 3/8 so ends June 30)

Earn two free nights up to 35K points after two (paid?) stays
Print Wikipost

Targeted Promotions, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jlb3
PP with 7 nights so far and zero promo. I called and asked about getting one. And I was told I wasn't eligible for ANY promos. Then I asked what the qualifications were. The agent told me there were 2 - whether you had either the Chase Marriott or SPG Amex (I have both) and how many points you have already (I have about 220,000). So I guess I'm too good a customer to offer a bonus to!
that doesn't make sense....i have both credit cards & around 1mm points but wasn't targeted....other members in my family don't have either cards & less than 50k points....they weren't targeted either....i also know a bunch of other people with 1 or both cards & very few or lots of points....none of them were targeted....

i don't think this has anything to do with having the credit card or how many points you have....
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:42 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
US based plat with 5 nights this year; no offers on email or promo tab
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Amb, oneworld Ruby
Nothing here, but I received the double elite nights promo two years running in 2017 and 2018, so very happy to let others have a turn
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:22 am
formerly leemaj

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold, SW Companion Pass
Nothing on promo section or e-mail for me. PPE (or Titanium I guess now?) and LTG 15 nights this year so far
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:37 am

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
UK based PP. Nothing offered. Fairly disappointed with this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:56 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
Ambassador level. I did not receive an email but found this in my promos. I'll hit the three stays by next week -

Earn up to 22,500 bonus points after only three eligible paid stays.
  • Register today.
  • Stay at any of our 6,700 participating hotels and resorts worldwide now through 05/31/2019.
  • Get 6,000 bonus points after one stay*, 7,500 additional points after your second stay and 9,000 more points after your third stay.
Same here. Nothing in my e-mail but I found the same thing in my promos
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by HollyGlen
Nothing here, but I received the double elite nights promo two years running in 2017 and 2018, so very happy to let others have a turn
Agree. I was included in double nights last year, so I don’t complain too much about missing this round. Lest anyone believe this is some kind of Marriott jiggery-pokery at play..no, this promo has been the same in SPG for years and caused the same angst now shown here, year after year.
For those suggesting this is some kind of exercise is sophisticated analytics....I believe you’re giving too much credit. Just as likely to be completely random . There has been no rhyme nor reason to it in the past.
margarita girl and KRSW like this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by paolo64
For those suggesting this is some kind of exercise is sophisticated analytics....I believe you’re giving too much credit. Just as likely to be completely random . There has been no rhyme nor reason to it in the past.
To calm down the disappointed customers, they should have just called it a bonus sweepstakes from the start. "Dear FlyerTalk member, congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected as a winner in the Marriott Promotion Lottery 2019! Your prize can be redeemed by completing the following terms:"

Last edited by BlueNordicSky; Feb 7, 2019 at 2:41 am Reason: Fixed typo
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:46 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I can't quite understand the wisdom of launching a complex, targeted promotion like this when all the information you need to make informed targeting decisions is scattered over the MR, the SPG, or both, program databases.

And doing it the week before the Bonvoy program integration too. Haven't they got more important things to focus on ?

Time will tell, but wouldn't it be better to mark the introduction of Bonvoy next week with a simple, attractive, global promotion ? Perfect opportunity, too, to ditch the jaded Megabonus and do something fresh instead.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
LTPP, 2 nights so far this year, 13 booked paid stays totally 50 nights and I got nothing.

Wife is LTPP, currently Ambassador, has zero nights so far this year and 4 award stays booked. Got the 22,500 pts after 3 stays offer.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, A3 Gold, M&M Senator
It seems like people who have already stayed a lot ytd or have a bunch of future bookings got nothing. I think this naturally makes people hold back bookings and if the promotion is not coming or the rates have become unfavorable Marriott is losing out on that business...
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by canael
It seems like people who have already stayed a lot ytd or have a bunch of future bookings got nothing. I think this naturally makes people hold back bookings and if the promotion is not coming or the rates have become unfavorable Marriott is losing out on that business...
I agree. Punishing the people who have already given Marriott a lot of business this year and taking them for granted seems like a very bad strategy. We all have more than one option we can choose for lodging Furthermore, for those of us with Lifetime status, a short hiatus to another hotel chain to pursue a more lucrative promotion has essentially no risk nor downside for us. We will still have our status if/when we return. On the other hand for Marriott, it encourages high value customers to try other products and risk permanent defection. Why push loyal customers to try a competitors product? As a sales professional (technology, not hospitality), this makes no sense to me at all.

--Jon
GalaxyChris and Dav77 like this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
I already have 22 nights this year and 6 more stays booked and received the double credits offer so .....
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
After registering for this promotion via the web yesterday, the app still does not show it??
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by jlb3
PP with 7 nights so far and zero promo. I called and asked about getting one. And I was told I wasn't eligible for ANY promos. Then I asked what the qualifications were. The agent told me there were 2 - whether you had either the Chase Marriott or SPG Amex (I have both) and how many points you have already (I have about 220,000). So I guess I'm too good a customer to offer a bonus to!
I have the SPG AMEX and slightly less than 5k points. Am I too bad of a customer? I guessing this information is not correct.

I have 0 stays ytd (1 cancellation due to a flight schedule change) and 5 future bookings (all cancellable). I am not sure there is much rhyme or reason to who was targeted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.