Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Note that some targeted promos have a variable expiration date depending when the member activates the promo, which under certain circumstances could allow you to choose the timeframe for the promo that is most advantageous for your planned travel. Read the T&Cs about expiration timeline carefully before activating any targeted promo.

Promotions Posted In Thread

Stay one paid night and get one elite night credit free.
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on May 31)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (2 month duration ending on April 30)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on Aug 31)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on Oct 31)
2,000 bonus points after your first eligible stay that includes a weekend night and 3,000 bonus points after your second eligible stay that includes a weekend night.

10 additional elite night credits after two paid stays (period ending May 31)

Earn up to 9000 bonus points, 1500/3000/4500 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (register within 3 weeks of email but no end date)
Earn up to 18,000 bonus points, 3000/6000/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 6000/7500/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 36,000 bonus points, 12,000/12,000/12,000 for 4, 8, 12 paid stays
Earn up to 12,000 bonus points, 4500/7500 for 1, 2 paid stays (poster didn't state end date)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 7500/15000 for 1, 2 paid stays (poster didn't state end date)
Earn double points on paid stays of two or more nights (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 6000/7500/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending at end of third month after registering; I registered 3/8 so ends June 30)

Earn two free nights up to 35K points after two (paid?) stays
Print Wikipost

Targeted Promotions, 2019

Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:22 am

Got the 22.5k 3 stay offer, based in Canada. LTG.

Finally a promo that steers me temporarily away from Hilton.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Long Distance
Which rocket scientist in the corp office thought giving some a promo and others not was a good idea. I know, how would we ever find out that Joe was offered a promo and Dave was not.

No promo for me so Hilton with double points wins for the next four months.
I wouldn't be too upset about not getting elite night credits, however finding out they have point promotions as well is annoying. It's okay though, I'm already moving a lot of my stays away from Marriott this year. The program benefits and consistency between properties made me want to only stay with them, now I'm happy to stay anywhere that has the best value for the price.
Ripley62 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:31 am

LTPPE (during sweep) and also current PPE. Got the double elite night offer for 2 months.

Better than nothing, I guess.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:34 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
No promo for me too...

Originally Posted by Long Distance
Which rocket scientist in the corp office thought giving some a promo and others not was a good idea. I know, how would we ever find out that Joe was offered a promo and Dave was not.
I can't understand too. Maybe this worked in the past when no social medias exists. But they should already know that customers share their experince now.
And that customers who get nothing get more and more frustrated...
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Prem, UA Silver, Delta GM
Nothing for me, PPE with 15 nights so far this year. I do wonder if frequency ties in, I have reservations for each week this month already made. Double EQN would have been nice :/
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I got by email :

Meh.

No end-date specified in the email.

One registration has been done, it then says

So, what are "Double Bonus points", exactly ? Base points are doubled ? Base plus elite bonus doubled ? Elite bonus only doubled ?

There seems to be pattern emerging here with stuff coming out of Marriott at the moment being sloppy and not properly sense-checked and tested (ref, for example the recent game promo, and the 'end-of-year statement' email).
Is it really just lately though? How long have they had their vague when to cancel by policy?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by copyright1997
I too have no email and nothing on app but Marriott website shows the 3k, 6k, 9k offer for paid stays 1,2,3.

i had a paid stay scheduled for March 1 which I converted to award stay (using up a cat 1-4 award night certificate). I doubt I will convert it back for 3k points.

Not that it matters what I think, but these targeted offers are dumb dumb dumb in this age of social media. Instead of good will, all you end up doing is piss off segments of your most aware and most vocal customers. I know that they are the rage of the analytics and customer segmentation crowd, I've seen it in action up close and think they are missing the negative effects...as can be seen in this thread.
Not just the negative effect, but I am not sure they are very good at who they target. I got nothing from Marriott this time even though I would consider changing several stays to Marriott hotels with some of these promos (which is what I assume their goal is). By contrast, AA targeted me for free platinum through May 15, which is going to get them $0 in extra revenue and may cost them a minor amount of money. Maybe they are just bad at targeting me.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
I'm a US-based Plat with 0 stays so far this year. I have a 2-night stay booked this month, nothing else. And no offer at all.

So I don't think it's just targeting those with less activity.

Makes me feel better about staying with Hyatt. I'll keep Marriott as the second choice only when it's more convenient.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by CL9
No promo for me too...

I can't understand too. Maybe this worked in the past when no social medias exists. But they should already know that customers share their experince now.
And that customers who get nothing get more and more frustrated...
They can incentivize more stays with lower costs, I think they assume there is no negative effect on those who don't get the promo, who are effectively already locked in?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
LTPP with 50 nights last year.

Got this one, in the 'Promotions" tab...i did not get the email, seems for some reason that my email preferences had reset to 'do not send'.

Earn up to 22,500 bonus points after only three eligible paid stays.

• Register today.
  • Stay at any of our 6,700 participating hotels and resorts worldwide now through 05/31/2019.
  • Get 6,000 bonus points after one stay, 7,500 additional points after your second stay and 9,000 more points after your third stay.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

These kind of promos really make people angry and turn them off from Marriott. With the transparency of today's world, doing targeted promotions for things like this is more likely to engender more bad will than good will.
Twickenham, CL9 and Ripley62 like this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Put me in the 'I got a rock' category. And the thing is...

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
I think they assume there is no negative effect on those who don't get the promo, who are effectively already locked in?
I'm planning a last-minute escape the cold trip, and haven't reserved anything yet. A promo would make me want to stick with Marriott properties, no promo makes me look elsewhere...
AirMiles2001 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Ambassador this year, I and I did not get any promo either. Did any Ambassador member get any promo offer?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
These kind of promos really make people angry and turn them off from Marriott. With the transparency of today's world, doing targeted promotions for things like this is more likely to engender more bad will than good will.
I very much agree with this statement. I gave the benefit of the doubt to Marriott through this whole IT merger mess and stuck with them, but now something like this makes me ready to jump ship. I've got LTPP so I guess they think they have nothing to offer me but the truth is I have no reason at all to be loyal since I already have status for life and the SNA's aren't a great reason. I can easily take my 100+ nights a year to somewhere that will appreciate them.

The guy I work next to go a nice promotion and I've got nothing.

Anyone had luck calling in and getting added? What a hassle.
Ripley62 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by Twickenham
Put me in the 'I got a rock' category. And the thing is...

I'm planning a last-minute escape the cold trip, and haven't reserved anything yet. A promo would make me want to stick with Marriott properties, no promo makes me look elsewhere...
I've currently got my hotel stays booked through April and it is about 20 nights. That might play a role in selecting who gets the promo but since none of mine are prepaid I can cancel them in just a few minutes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.