Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Note that some targeted promos have a variable expiration date depending when the member activates the promo, which under certain circumstances could allow you to choose the timeframe for the promo that is most advantageous for your planned travel. Read the T&Cs about expiration timeline carefully before activating any targeted promo.

Promotions Posted In Thread

Stay one paid night and get one elite night credit free.
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on May 31)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (2 month duration ending on April 30)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on Aug 31)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on Oct 31)
2,000 bonus points after your first eligible stay that includes a weekend night and 3,000 bonus points after your second eligible stay that includes a weekend night.

10 additional elite night credits after two paid stays (period ending May 31)

Earn up to 9000 bonus points, 1500/3000/4500 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (register within 3 weeks of email but no end date)
Earn up to 18,000 bonus points, 3000/6000/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 6000/7500/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 36,000 bonus points, 12,000/12,000/12,000 for 4, 8, 12 paid stays
Earn up to 12,000 bonus points, 4500/7500 for 1, 2 paid stays (poster didn't state end date)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 7500/15000 for 1, 2 paid stays (poster didn't state end date)
Earn double points on paid stays of two or more nights (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 6000/7500/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending at end of third month after registering; I registered 3/8 so ends June 30)

Earn two free nights up to 35K points after two (paid?) stays
Print Wikipost

Targeted Promotions, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:00 pm

Nothing with SPG. Now, nothing with Marriott. First Hyatt pushes me away, now this. Beginning to take it personally .😕
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Darren
Nothing with SPG. Now, nothing with Marriott. First Hyatt pushes me away, now this. Beginning to take it personally .😕
Hilton's current promotion is quite generous and includes award stays!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by northernstar84
Somebody got this offer where the account adress is not located in the USA?
OP here. Mine has my old Canadian address still.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Former SPG....Ambassador for only few more days, than simple PPE and LTP.

Got the 18,000 on web site. Well, I must be of less value than those who receive 22,500 bonus point offer....but better than those who are stuck with 9,000 bonus points offer.

Agree with many of you....this is the best way to make your best customers feel bad...and look somewhere else.

So I receive bonus points for only 3 stays...good, this is all you will have plus using my current point balance.

Feeling sad at the general direction this merger has taken...the good news is some properties till treat us super well. Just had few stays in ACs in Italy and I was solid impressed by the welcome...even if it was super low season!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:49 am

Nothing ( LTPPE with Ambassador, former SPG). Not a great start to the year: “Welcome to Marriott and here’s absolutely nothing to celebrate the new program.” Not surprised though, given the general cluelessness that seems to prevail in everything Marriott.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
Zilch for me (Platinum, 7 nights so far this year but nothing else booked yet, former SPG).
Mr. Sallycat got the double points promo (Platinum, 8 nights this year with another 15 booked in February / March, former Marriott, no email).
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
LTPP and Ambassador this year... targeted for Double Elite Nights. Whoever came up with this campaign is a dolt. Why would I care about double EQNs?
Bigshaker and margarita girl like this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by dblue
Got the same thing (double elite nights through 5/31). Only paid nights despite earning elite nights for redemption nights.
Same thing here MR PLT status here.

Good chance for me to secure PLT Premier Elite for this year as I have very extensive travel during the next 3 months ^

Last edited by NA-Flyer; Feb 6, 2019 at 6:34 am
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Another disappointed member of the "absolutely nothing" club here. Plat from SPG land, Europe, 5 nights in 2019. Any extra night promotions would be more than welcome to help my status nights hunt.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:15 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Just an FYI, when I called to try and switch the targeted promotion from elight nights to points ( you can't) I was also told that the new Megabonus is coming next month. They read the promotion to themselves and unfortunately I didn't pay attention, but at least this is just a additional promo on top of that.
ryw likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:32 am

Nothing via email or the app, but after perusing this thread I logged into the website and found that the promotion was there. Odd that it would show up on the website but not the app. I got the 22,500 points promotion - I would have preferred elite nights as I'm on a match to lifetime Platinum (assuming they'd count towards that?) but I'll never turn down free points.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:42 am

I can understand to set different promotions according to different marketing objectives depending on the type of behaviour... But I cannot understand to leave some members with no promotion at all.

Nothing for me, Platinum, LT silver, Spain, 8 nights so far and 8 nigts already booked for 2019

by the way last year I was targetted double night credit with SPG

Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by santydrak
I can understand to set different promotions according to different marketing objectives depending on the type of behaviour... But I cannot understand to leave some members with no promotion at all.
Agreed. I haven't minded when some have received a targeted promotion from, say, Miles&More because they are largely useless. But reading what some posters here have received as promotions I would very much have liked to have received something similar.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
SPG PPE (soon to be P) with eight nights booked and more to come, no offer by email or on the website.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
PPE LTG and very frustrated with these SPG style targetted promos! Some get them 2-3 times a year others get them every 2-3 years

Not hard to guess which group I belong to.

I had hoped Marriott would be more consistant but with this and all the merger crap I just do NOT feel like paying for a single night at Marriott, they obviously are not that intrested in my cash 😂

Since the merger I have only had one cash night plus 16 others so I would have thought my account to be a prime target for these.

Perhaps a few years away from Marriott will result in some targetted promos luckily for me I visit mostly places where all the major chains are represented I know many wont have a choice
margarita girl likes this.

Last edited by kauppias; Feb 6, 2019 at 9:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.