Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Note that some targeted promos have a variable expiration date depending when the member activates the promo, which under certain circumstances could allow you to choose the timeframe for the promo that is most advantageous for your planned travel. Read the T&Cs about expiration timeline carefully before activating any targeted promo.

Promotions Posted In Thread

Stay one paid night and get one elite night credit free.
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on May 31)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (2 month duration ending on April 30)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on Aug 31)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on Oct 31)
2,000 bonus points after your first eligible stay that includes a weekend night and 3,000 bonus points after your second eligible stay that includes a weekend night.

10 additional elite night credits after two paid stays (period ending May 31)

Earn up to 9000 bonus points, 1500/3000/4500 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (register within 3 weeks of email but no end date)
Earn up to 18,000 bonus points, 3000/6000/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 6000/7500/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 36,000 bonus points, 12,000/12,000/12,000 for 4, 8, 12 paid stays
Earn up to 12,000 bonus points, 4500/7500 for 1, 2 paid stays (poster didn't state end date)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 7500/15000 for 1, 2 paid stays (poster didn't state end date)
Earn double points on paid stays of two or more nights (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 6000/7500/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending at end of third month after registering; I registered 3/8 so ends June 30)

Earn two free nights up to 35K points after two (paid?) stays
Print Wikipost

Targeted Promotions, 2019

Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
Earn maximum of 12k bonus with 2 stays (4500, 7500) it makes me somewhat think I stay to much and need to stay more elsewhere as they are taking me for granted and by staying with Marriott I am actually shooting myself in the foot!
Mine was less and I'm feeling taken for granted, especially when I see others offers but done better than those who haven't received anything. Then again I'm running down my Marriott "bonfire' account and moving on.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
There is no registration link. It has to be on your profile on Marriott.com. I don't get emails from Marriott for this stuff so I'm glad I checked FT. I logged in and I received the following: Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 6000/7500/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending May 31)

I would much rather have the: Earn two free nights up to 35K points after two (paid?) stays.

I already have three paid stays planned for Feb so I will hit this easily. 22.5K bonus points is nice but barely a Cat 2 room. Meanwhile, two free nights up to 35K is far better IMO.

I've never tried to call Marriott before and ask for a promotion change. Is this something they tend to accommodate?

-RM
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:35 pm

I would never complain about getting a targeted promotion, but not sure what the usefulness of this promo for me?

I got the Double Reward Nights credit. I am already a LTPE with ambassador. I guess this could help with reaching the 100 nights in a year. That's never been a program for me though, more harder is the $20K spent.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
That seems pretty good compared to most offers!
Yeah, you're right.

Most of my scheduled stays right now are award reservations, as I'm very much in Marriott burn mode. Last year, double points would have earned me a boatload.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by RobOnLI

...I've never tried to call Marriott before and ask for a promotion change. Is this something they tend to accommodate?

-RM
They did for me once and I remember reading about others who got theirs changed, but I think I remember a thread about them no longer doing it. Regardless, I'm going to try. Mine is useless to me.
RobOnLI likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
hmmm. Got the double Elite nights by 4/30 offer. Might make a difference towards 100 nights if I can hit $20k. We'll see I guess. 13 nights booked, so 26 to be credited.
Hope this is in addition to a Megabonus promo.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:19 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium
on the 2 stays = 10 EQN promo: does anyone think it's significant that "stay" is defined as "consecutive nights spent at the same hotel," such that a one-night "stay" doesn't count for the 5 EQN as it doesn't consist of consecutive nights? my understanding is this is usually used to prevent people from booking two consecutive nights at the same hotel and getting two "stays" out of it, but i don't think this is particularly clearly worded as applied to a single night stay for the purposes of this promo...
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
My offier:

Here’s an offer just for you: Earn up to 22,500 bonus points. You’ll earn 7,500 points when you complete one stay and an additional 15,000 points for your second stay. Just register today, then book, stay and earn at any of our 6,700 participating hotels and resorts.*
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:31 pm

FYI - I got no email and nothing on the app, but going on the Marriot.com website I have the 10 elite nights promotion. Currently PPE from 2018 and have stays booked for this entire month.

Earn up to 10 additional Elite Night Credits after two eligible paid stays.

• Register today.
  • Stay at any of our 6,700 participating hotels and resorts worldwide now through 05/31/2019.
  • Get five bonus Elite Night Credits after one stay* and five additional bonus Elite Night Credits after your second stay. That’s in addition to the usual one Elite Night Credit you earn for each eligible night you stay with us.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: LT Mariott Platinum?, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, Amtrak Nothing.
I too have no email and nothing on app but Marriott website shows the 3k, 6k, 9k offer for paid stays 1,2,3.

i had a paid stay scheduled for March 1 which I converted to award stay (using up a cat 1-4 award night certificate). I doubt I will convert it back for 3k points.

Not that it matters what I think, but these targeted offers are dumb dumb dumb in this age of social media. Instead of good will, all you end up doing is piss off segments of your most aware and most vocal customers. I know that they are the rage of the analytics and customer segmentation crowd, I've seen it in action up close and think they are missing the negative effects...as can be seen in this thread.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
I’m currently Ambassador level and got nothing, which sucks because it looks like I’ll do something like ~$30,000 spend on ~75 nights this year. I’m already pretty close to that in current bookings and it doesn’t look like I’ll be booking much more for the year.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
LTPP and zilch for me. I had been thinking about trying other brands and this kick in the pants could be the motivator.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
No email, no app, no website, no promotion anywhere for Yours Truly.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:41 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I just called and was told that the MR agents don't have access to any promotions that aren't generally available to the public. They can switch Megabonus offers around because they are open to everyone, but these targeted promotions come from a different group...

Guess we're stuck with what we get unless someone finds another method to switch promos.
RobOnLI and LF72 like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:29 pm
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Just got this in my email. Didn't see a thread. Anyone else receive this? This is a massive blessing for me, will get me to PPE with zero effort.

Exclusively for You: Double Elite Night Credits

Earn double Elite Night Credits on your eligible nights.

• Register today.
  • Stay at any of our 6,700 participating hotels and resorts worldwide now through 05/31/2019.
  • Get double Elite Night Credits - that’s one Elite Night Credit plus one additional Elite Night Credit for all your eligible nights.

*A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Registration is required. Registered Members can earn double Elite Night Credits on all eligible paid nights consumed during the promotion’s earning period (the “Promotion”). Earning period starts the day after members register through the end of the month, plus an additional three (3) months (the “Earning Period”). Bonus Elite Night Credits will be awarded to the member’s account within 3–5 business days after the qualifying nights post. Elite Night Credits will count only toward the status year in which they are posted. Registered Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. Nights stayed prior to enrollment are not eligible for this offer. Only one room per hotel is counted toward Registered Members’ nights. Credit toward this Promotion is given for nights consumed at participating Marriott hotels that occur within the Earning Period. ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for the Promotion, and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for the Promotion. For a list of current participating hotels, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. Rooms booked through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this Promotion. This Promotion is nontransferable and is valid for one-time use. This Promotion is subject to modification, cancellation or limitation at Marriott’s discretion, with or without notice. All Marriott loyalty program terms and conditions apply, which are subject to change with or without notice. For more information, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi. Void for Marriott International, Inc. employees. This Promotion may be combined with other promotions in market during the same time; however, earnings are exclusive of each other. Promotion is applicable to individual members only and not to groups. Marriott International, Inc., is not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Void where prohibited by law.

nothing for me to be honest have never had any offers since the merger not surprised and unfortunate as I have 20 paid nightstotalling around $15000 us.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.