Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Note that some targeted promos have a variable expiration date depending when the member activates the promo, which under certain circumstances could allow you to choose the timeframe for the promo that is most advantageous for your planned travel. Read the T&Cs about expiration timeline carefully before activating any targeted promo.

Promotions Posted In Thread

Stay one paid night and get one elite night credit free.
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on May 31)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (2 month duration ending on April 30)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on Aug 31)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on Oct 31)
2,000 bonus points after your first eligible stay that includes a weekend night and 3,000 bonus points after your second eligible stay that includes a weekend night.

10 additional elite night credits after two paid stays (period ending May 31)

Earn up to 9000 bonus points, 1500/3000/4500 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (register within 3 weeks of email but no end date)
Earn up to 18,000 bonus points, 3000/6000/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 6000/7500/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 36,000 bonus points, 12,000/12,000/12,000 for 4, 8, 12 paid stays
Earn up to 12,000 bonus points, 4500/7500 for 1, 2 paid stays (poster didn't state end date)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 7500/15000 for 1, 2 paid stays (poster didn't state end date)
Earn double points on paid stays of two or more nights (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 6000/7500/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending at end of third month after registering; I registered 3/8 so ends June 30)

Earn two free nights up to 35K points after two (paid?) stays
Print Wikipost

Targeted Promotions, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2019, 4:59 pm

Nothing in my promo box at the time of this post
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:13 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
I got something similar last month that I think was a similarly targeted promo - double points on paid stays that include a weekend night (though mine expires 2/29).
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:58 pm

A new round of targeted promos? I just received one for double points on stays of two nights or more until 3/31.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 12:57 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
18000 point promotion?

When I look in my account I see a promotion for 18k points (4,6 and 8k points for weekend stays) after 3 stays. BUT it says register: today, however there is NO LINK.
Just spent 30 useless minutes with a rep who kept trying to tell me that I was registered for the unlock 2k promo - and didn't seem to understand that this has nothing to do with that promo and is a different one.
The research I've done online suggests it is a targeted promo and I should have received an email with a link to register but - no email yet the promo shows in my account!

Any help?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis PP, and others
What do the promotion details say? For me, the 18,000 promotion has been running a while and will expire 12/31/19. I registered back in September/October and just achieved the last qualifying stay mid-December. You wouldn’t be able to achieve anything at this point since you haven’t registered and there are no more Fridays/Saturdays left in the year.

If your promotion details show a different expiration date, then you may need to talk with a different representative. IME with Marriott’s promotions, while everyone may not get them, they tend to run the same promotions at the same time for those who do get them.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
My 18K promo showed up mid-November and runs through 3/31/2020, so the promo through date varies. FIWW, mine has already been achieved and posted.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis PP, and others
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
My 18K promo showed up mid-November and runs through 3/31/2020, so the promo through date varies. FIWW, mine has already been achieved and posted.
Well then, I stand corrected.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 12:42 pm

How did u register for it? It's in my account by says "register today" The terms say it runs for 90 days from registration.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 12:48 pm

I think you're confused (like the agent) there is an unlock promo register by dec 31 ends mid Jan but this one is "exclusively for you"

Originally Posted by elfjets
What do the promotion details say? For me, the 18,000 promotion has been running a while and will expire 12/31/19. I registered back in September/October and just achieved the last qualifying stay mid-December. You wouldn’t be able to achieve anything at this point since you haven’t registered and there are no more Fridays/Saturdays left in the year.

If your promotion details show a different expiration date, then you may need to talk with a different representative. IME with Marriott’s promotions, while everyone may not get them, they tend to run the same promotions at the same time for those who do get them.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by estnet
How did u register for it? It's in my account by says "register today" The terms say it runs for 90 days from registration.
I really don't remember other than I registered online as I didn't need to call MR. I probably clicked a register button, or was automatically registered, I would guess the latter. Perhaps you are registered as I know that when I click on the the See Details button for my Exclusively for You offer under my Promotions area, still says "Register today." even though I am registered and have completed the stays and they have posted.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by estnet
When I look in my account I see a promotion for 18k points (4,6 and 8k points for weekend stays) after 3 stays. BUT it says register: today, however there is NO LINK.
Just spent 30 useless minutes with a rep who kept trying to tell me that I was registered for the unlock 2k promo - and didn't seem to understand that this has nothing to do with that promo and is a different one.
The research I've done online suggests it is a targeted promo and I should have received an email with a link to register but - no email yet the promo shows in my account!

Any help?
On the last round of this promo, Marriott sent out emails on Nov 16, people started posting about the offer on Nov 18 (post 547) when they couldn't register, and it finally went live on Nov 20 when we were able to register (post 562).

Marriott IT. 'Nuf said.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:46 pm

I really don't remember other than I registered online as I didn't need to call MR. I probably clicked a register button, or was automatically registered, I would guess the latter. Perhaps you are registered as I know that when I click on the the See Details button for my Exclusively for You offer under my Promotions area, still says "Register today." even though I am registered and have completed the stays and they have posted.

Originally Posted by margarita girl
On the last round of this promo, Marriott sent out emails on Nov 16, people started posting about the offer on Nov 18 (post 547) when they couldn't register, and it finally went live on Nov 20 when we were able to register (post 562).

Marriott IT. 'Nuf said.
Thanks to both of you - I really don't know why I even bother with them except for a few favorite hotels I'm just booking away.....
Anyway - I never got any email but a rep says I was registered for the promo on Nov 22 (which meshes with your info MG), so I guess I'm the opposite of those that got email and couldn't register, I got no email but was magically registered!! and since the promo runs for 90 days from registration I might have chosen a date that makes sense for me

Yes Marriot IT - more than 'nuf said !!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes they can't even make a message that says you need to sign in again, just "our servers are being stubborn..............." What's so hard about saying you're signed out ????
Old Dec 31, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Unlock more - targeted with an 18k after one night by 1/14

I have a one night stay checking in on the 14th of January. Given the wording on the "unlock more" promo would that stay qualify?
Old Dec 31, 2019, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by legionnaire
I have a one night stay checking in on the 14th of January. Given the wording on the "unlock more" promo would that stay qualify?
My guess is no. For 18K pts, I’d find another cheap one night stay.

BTW, what you have belongs in the following thread.

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

What’s interesting is you’re the first person with that Unlock More promo and it’s an excellent one. Congrats. (You can see the list in the wiki.)
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:42 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
To read about 2020 targeted promotions check out the Targeted Promotions, 2020 thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.