Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Note that some targeted promos have a variable expiration date depending when the member activates the promo, which under certain circumstances could allow you to choose the timeframe for the promo that is most advantageous for your planned travel. Read the T&Cs about expiration timeline carefully before activating any targeted promo.

Promotions Posted In Thread

Stay one paid night and get one elite night credit free.
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on May 31)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (2 month duration ending on April 30)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on Aug 31)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on Oct 31)
2,000 bonus points after your first eligible stay that includes a weekend night and 3,000 bonus points after your second eligible stay that includes a weekend night.

10 additional elite night credits after two paid stays (period ending May 31)

Earn up to 9000 bonus points, 1500/3000/4500 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (register within 3 weeks of email but no end date)
Earn up to 18,000 bonus points, 3000/6000/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 6000/7500/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 36,000 bonus points, 12,000/12,000/12,000 for 4, 8, 12 paid stays
Earn up to 12,000 bonus points, 4500/7500 for 1, 2 paid stays (poster didn't state end date)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 7500/15000 for 1, 2 paid stays (poster didn't state end date)
Earn double points on paid stays of two or more nights (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 6000/7500/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending at end of third month after registering; I registered 3/8 so ends June 30)

Earn two free nights up to 35K points after two (paid?) stays
Print Wikipost

Targeted Promotions, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2019, 9:57 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by Ripley62
the problem with that, and what you wrote is how it should work, is that thee are a large number of lifetime titanium elites that have posted they got targeted double nights. That to indicates it’s either totally random or just as full of IT glitches as the rest of Marriott's system.
I suspect the Lifetime Titanium’s are not giving Marriott the same focus they once did, which could be a trigger for a promo. The choice of promo for LTP’s (double elite nights) is a technical oversight, ie a bug. Unless we could get all the data and booking habits of all customers we will never be able to fathom the method they are using. I’m pretty sure it’s not just random though. Some groups of people are likely added or excluded as controls which further clouds our ability to determine what their methods are.

Last edited by escapefromphl; Oct 10, 2019 at 10:19 pm
Old Oct 10, 2019, 10:02 pm

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Originally Posted by Dav77
Nothing for me ... 0 targeted promotions on 2019 ...
same for me
Old Oct 10, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Ripley62
the problem with that, and what you wrote is how it should work, is that thee are a large number of lifetime titanium elites that have posted they got targeted double nights. That to indicates it’s either totally random or just as full of IT glitches as the rest of Marriott's system.
But having this promo would surely help in getting extra SNAs or do LTTs (and LTPs) get them anyway without staying 50/75 nights?
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:20 am

Ya, i read that as well, so im guessing only for 1 booking ?

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Aside from the " Exclusively for You" in the invitation email, the T & C states: " This Promotion is nontransferable and is valid for one-time use. "
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
I want to try that...
Except I'm not sure the poster you're replying to is not confusing a targeted promotion with the normal megabonus promotion. I didn't think M representatives had the ability to assign target promotions to anyone. I know my ambassador says she cannot do that.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
But having this promo would surely help in getting extra SNAs or do LTTs (and LTPs) get them anyway without staying 50/75 nights?
No they don’t. SNAs have to be earned every year.

Originally Posted by txpenny
Except I'm not sure the poster you're replying to is not confusing a targeted promotion with the normal megabonus promotion. I didn't think M representatives had the ability to assign target promotions to anyone. I know my ambassador says she cannot do that.
I agree. Somewhere in this thread, someone tried to get their ambassador to sign them up with no success.
txpenny likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Amb, oneworld Ruby
Originally Posted by margarita girl
No they don’t. SNAs have to be earned every year.

I agree. Somewhere in this thread, someone tried to get their ambassador to sign them up with no success.
I had a theory, and it was just a theory, that GMs may have some influence over these things, although I would never ask them to try to sign me up.

I have been signed up for some pretty good targeted promotions over the last 2-3 years, when I was racking up in excess of 60 nights per year in the one hotel (and this is actual heads in beds). This year has been a slow travel year (roughly 35 nights across all of Bonvoy) and I haven't received anything.

I will take off my tin-foil hat now...
Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by HollyGlen
I had a theory, and it was just a theory, that GMs may have some influence over these things, although I would never ask them to try to sign me up.

I have been signed up for some pretty good targeted promotions over the last 2-3 years, when I was racking up in excess of 60 nights per year in the one hotel (and this is actual heads in beds). This year has been a slow travel year (roughly 35 nights across all of Bonvoy) and I haven't received anything.

I will take off my tin-foil hat now...
And I am literally all over the map. Even when I’m in HNL which is my most frequent destination, I do hotel hopping.

I just looked up my last targeted promo that I received on May 20. It was bonus pts for my next 3 stays which I completed between May 23 and 29 (booked months earlier). So for those who think these promos are meant to entice people who are staying away, you couldn’t be more wrong. On May 20, I was already at 48 nights YTD.

My recommendation is to forget trying to figure out how to get invited to these targeted promos. If it happens great. If it doesn’t, your turn will come, some day.
ftrichard likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 5:32 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
I would strongly suspect its based on history, not future bookings, so you likely have to walk the walk and switch to Hilton or Hyatt for 3-6 months to attract a targeted promo. Or just be happy with what you are getting now.
This seems likely the case. As a reference I had one stay in the first quarter, another stay cashing out nearly all of my point in April and nothing booked. I received a double elite stay bonus as promotion till August 30, 2019 shortly thereafter.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: AlFursan, AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Avios, Bonvoy, All
Same here, double points promo.

Very active Lifetime Titanium with 160 nights 2019 so far.

Cheers
Old Oct 11, 2019, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
The theory is you are already "locked in", thats the whole point of these targeted loyalty offerings that have been pushed by the consulting companies. From our side we can't distinguish why people are targeted or not but there is some algorithm which decides triggered by things like nights and avg room rate in some market for example combined with say a decrease in wallet share for example. This is 2019, they have data...
I realize that. It was meant to be a snarky comment.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by txpenny
No, I wasn't confusing a targeted promotion with a normal Megabonus promotion. If you read the original post, I mentioned it was targeted, and happened several years ago before the merger. Perhaps M representatives had different abilities back then.

I made no assumption that it would work this time.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
I would like to receive one time a message of targeted offer, even if Marriott write me “targeted offer for someone else”

it could be a start ...
Old Oct 13, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Titanium here but no exclusive promo at the present time...
bsdstone likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
My targeted offer was to earn points at another hotel chain, because apparently Marriott is taking my business for granted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.