Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Note that some targeted promos have a variable expiration date depending when the member activates the promo, which under certain circumstances could allow you to choose the timeframe for the promo that is most advantageous for your planned travel. Read the T&Cs about expiration timeline carefully before activating any targeted promo.

Promotions Posted In Thread

Stay one paid night and get one elite night credit free.
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on May 31)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (2 month duration ending on April 30)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on Aug 31)
Double elite night credits on paid nights (3 month duration ending on Oct 31)
2,000 bonus points after your first eligible stay that includes a weekend night and 3,000 bonus points after your second eligible stay that includes a weekend night.

10 additional elite night credits after two paid stays (period ending May 31)

Earn up to 9000 bonus points, 1500/3000/4500 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (register within 3 weeks of email but no end date)
Earn up to 18,000 bonus points, 3000/6000/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 6000/7500/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 36,000 bonus points, 12,000/12,000/12,000 for 4, 8, 12 paid stays
Earn up to 12,000 bonus points, 4500/7500 for 1, 2 paid stays (poster didn't state end date)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 7500/15000 for 1, 2 paid stays (poster didn't state end date)
Earn double points on paid stays of two or more nights (period ending May 31)
Earn up to 22,500 bonus points, 6000/7500/9000 for 1, 2, 3 paid stays (period ending at end of third month after registering; I registered 3/8 so ends June 30)

Earn two free nights up to 35K points after two (paid?) stays
Print Wikipost

Targeted Promotions, 2019

Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Copa ConnectMiles Platinum, United Gold
Current Ambassador, this year I have 60 nights so far. I was targeted last time, but no offer this time (at least so far). Still hoping for an offer to arrive later in the week.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Targeted promo

Got 22.5 k bonus points after two stays today. 7500 for my first than 15k for my second stay. Not the greatest as they already see many stays booked. Free award nights would have been nice.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:02 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
the ones send out:

https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/10/09/...ember-31-2019/
Old Oct 10, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Still no sign of one for me. Not had one all this time since the merger. I just requalified as Titanium with 75 nights at the end of September and (unusually for me) no reservations at all between now and the end of the year. I should be ripe to influence with a targeted bonus to get a few more reservations out of me in the current qualifying year now I've reached my goal. Leads me to suspect that these things are random and not directed by an analysis of booking patterns or an intelligent attempt to influence behavior. Ha, if I got one it would probably be an utterly useless double night promo.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 12:27 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
Double elite night credits to Dec 31

WooT!

Earn double Elite Night Credits on your eligible nights.

• Register today.
  • Stay at any of our 6,700 participating hotels and resorts worldwide now through 12/31/2019.
  • Get double Elite Night Credits - that’s one Elite Night Credit plus one additional Elite Night Credit for all your eligible nights.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 1:39 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Nothing for me ... 0 targeted promotions on 2019 ...
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
No promotions for this Lifetime Titanium with 80 nights this year, 15 more booked for 2019, and about $30,000 in spend.

I’ve had zero targeted promotions this year. I’m going to start booking stays without my Bonvoy number attached, then add it a few days before arrival. I’ll see if that helps trigger some more promos since Marriott will think I’ve got no upcoming stays booked.
Jiatong likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by TommyC80
No promotions for this Lifetime Titanium with 80 nights this year, 15 more booked for 2019, and about $30,000 in spend.

I’ve had zero targeted promotions this year. I’m going to start booking stays without my Bonvoy number attached, then add it a few days before arrival. I’ll see if that helps trigger some more promos since Marriott will think I’ve got no upcoming stays booked.
I would strongly suspect its based on history, not future bookings, so you likely have to walk the walk and switch to Hilton or Hyatt for 3-6 months to attract a targeted promo. Or just be happy with what you are getting now.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by TommyC80

It's totally random. I was targeted last go around and I always have 25-30 bookings in my account. No one has ever been able to figure out the algorithm used to decide who is targeted. I doubt that there is one.
ftrichard likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
I've been holding off on making bookings, hoping for a quarterly promo. Giving up on that dream.

Now I've got hopes of getting a targeted promo. Can anyone who's been recently targeted confirm that existing bookings qualify for your offer?

Thanks.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by clublounger
I've been holding off on making bookings, hoping for a quarterly promo. Giving up on that dream.

Now I've got hopes of getting a targeted promo. Can anyone who's been recently targeted confirm that existing bookings qualify for your offer?

Thanks.
If you register before the specified date in the offer and before your stay, your existing booked stays should qualify, provided they otherwise qualify (eg paid rate or at least X number of nights).

though trust me, the targeted offers are random and best not to get your hope up
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 4:18 pm

One time I saw that people were getting targeted promotions and I did not. So, I called the Plat line (this was before the merger), and they registered me for it.

I have not received a promotion this time, and haven't called them either.

By the way, I'm Lifetime Gold, currently Titanium, and have been either Plat or Titanium for five years now.

So, unless they're going after people who don't stay that much, I think it's totally random. Hey, why bother rewarding your best customers...
Old Oct 10, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by jrich7970
One time I saw that people were getting targeted promotions and I did not. So, I called the Plat line (this was before the merger), and they registered me for it.

I have not received a promotion this time, and haven't called them either.

By the way, I'm Lifetime Gold, currently Titanium, and have been either Plat or Titanium for five years now.

So, unless they're going after people who don't stay that much, I think it's totally random. Hey, why bother rewarding your best customers...
I want to try that...
Old Oct 10, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by jrich7970
Hey, why bother rewarding your best customers...
The theory is you are already "locked in", thats the whole point of these targeted loyalty offerings that have been pushed by the consulting companies. From our side we can't distinguish why people are targeted or not but there is some algorithm which decides triggered by things like nights and avg room rate in some market for example combined with say a decrease in wallet share for example. This is 2019, they have data...
Old Oct 10, 2019, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
The theory is you are already "locked in", thats the whole point of these targeted loyalty offerings that have been pushed by the consulting companies. From our side we can't distinguish why people are targeted or not but there is some algorithm which decides triggered by things like nights and avg room rate in some market for example combined with say a decrease in wallet share for example. This is 2019, they have data...
the problem with that, and what you wrote is how it should work, is that thee are a large number of lifetime titanium elites that have posted they got targeted double nights. That to indicates it’s either totally random or just as full of IT glitches as the rest of Marriott's system.
margarita girl likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.