Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Same day credit card authorizations & 3rd party payment authorizations not accepted?

Same day credit card authorizations & 3rd party payment authorizations not accepted?

Old Feb 4, 19, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LH, BA

I was checking availability for a couple of large Marriott hotels near a major US airport tonight.

After the rates popped, I saw somthing on top of the page that I had never seen before:

"Same day credit card authorizations and 3rd party payment authorizations not accepted/Business exceptions-contact hotel"

What does that mean exactly? I'll probably just call those two hotels tomorrow AM and find out... but I'm just curious right now.
Old Nov 5, 19, 12:21 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Did you find out what that means? I just saw "Please note - This hotel does not accept credit card authorizations as a method of payment" while browsing some hotels. Really unclear what that could even mean...
Old Nov 5, 19, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Credit card authorizations are when the hotel sends you a form to fill out and you can enter your cc number and prepay the room/event. I've done this multiple times when Amex has a "spend $300, get $60 back" promo when my stay isn't during the promo period. Also works great if you're using the promo from someone else's card.

It allows you to pay without being there to scan your card.

And yes, I've been told that hotels won't do this within 1 week of arrival. Not sure why.
flightrisk likes this.

Search this Thread