FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   What benefit(s) would you suggest for Bonvoy Titanium? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1954387-what-benefit-s-would-you-suggest-bonvoy-titanium.html)

hipquest Feb 2, 2019 10:18 pm

What benefit(s) would you suggest for Bonvoy Titanium?

I ask this question because of all the changes going on and because those of us who have achieved LTPPE status never have to stay a single night, going forward, at Marriott to reap PPE/Titanium benefits for the occasional night(s). I think that current members absolutely should keep all current benefits for their level.

I mean benefits for all the road warriors that actually earn Titanium status by staying.

My suggestions-
True, dedicated high speed wifi
A set number of dining certs for when you use your points for a stay
Point discounts for stays
No resort fees

Any other ideas?

sinfonia Feb 2, 2019 10:39 pm

It has been suggested by someone at the Ambassador line that LPP will not actually be Lifetime Titanium (or Lifetime Ambassador Elite or whatever it was called) - but that the lifetime designations may be other categories altogether - that is, if you earn titanium one year, then you will be titanium for the year, but if you do not earn each year the status marks that have been previously laid out, you will be some other (yet unnamed) category which is lifetime ____. The benefits of that lifetime _____ are yet unknown.

DELee Feb 2, 2019 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by hipquest (Post 30733353)
What benefit(s) would you suggest for Bonvoy Titanium?

Any other ideas?

Allow Titanium members to name the program something else.

David

HollyGlen Feb 3, 2019 1:36 am

Originally Posted by hipquest (Post 30733353)
I ask this question because of all the changes going on and because those of us who have achieved LTPPE status never have to stay a single night, going forward, at Marriott to reap PPE/Titanium benefits for the occasional night(s). I think that current members absolutely should keep all current benefits for their level.

I mean benefits for all the road warriors that actually earn Titanium status by staying.

My suggestions-
True, dedicated high speed wifi
A set number of dining certs for when you use your points for a stay
Point discounts for stays
No resort fees

Any other ideas?

I would love to be able to rollover a few nights into qualification for the following year.

For those of us who can't break the USD20K threshold, it would give us some incentive to keep staying at Marriott after crossing the 75 / 100 nights mark.

craigthemif Feb 3, 2019 4:07 am

Nothing will change on the benefits side. The new programme has only just begun.

Over the medium term, I would bet far more on a devaluation of Plat benefits, rather than an improvement in Tit benefits.

Nuhusky Feb 3, 2019 5:05 am

Guaranteed use of sna at time of booking as opposed to the upgrade window.

no parking fees or resort fees

the whole upgrade process needs to be fixed. I’m tired of seeing lower tier members get upgrades before titanium members

hnewman Feb 3, 2019 5:24 am

Ability for LT status like United GS with over 3000 nights.

UA-NYC Feb 3, 2019 6:00 am

Waiving resort/parking fees would actually make me want to seek out Marriotts again...

Ericdeparis Feb 3, 2019 7:16 am

Here what I would love for Titanium: (Starting with my favorites)
1 - Guaranteed 4 pm late checkout in all BonVoy Hotels (No exception - including resort or luxury hotels)
2 - No Resort Fee and No Destination Fee (Or at least a huge discount on it)
3 - Waving of cancellation fee up to 12 hours before official checkin time on all BonVoy booking (all bookings including prepaid ones and non cancellable ones - Can be limited to a limited numbers of bookings per year)
4 - Waving of early departure fee (You book for 3 nights, and you decide to leave the hotel after 2 nights for exemple)
5 - Guaranteed 6 or even 8 pm late Checkout (At least in a few bookings a year)
6 - Lounge access in All BonVoy Hotels (Including Luxury Hotels)
7 - Guaranteed upgrade at the time of booking - including selecting suites (or at least a few times a year)
8 - Free Parking

Some of those could be included in the choice of "Welcome amenities" but il would be better as an extra benefit (or a second Welcome amenities :-) )

IslesFan Feb 3, 2019 7:59 am

How about guaranteed breakfast for guest + 1 at all properties, regardless of brand, and not having it be considered the welcome gift?

sethMCOflyer Feb 3, 2019 8:03 am

Guarantee the existing benefits. Make SNAs easier to use, available at all hotels and not just a few. Make award nights have great availability than for the basic members.

Until the existing benefits are more or less guaranteed, it doesn't matter how much extra stuff they add.

myperks Feb 3, 2019 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Ericdeparis (Post 30734221)
1 - Guaranteed 4 pm late checkout in all BonVoy Hotels (No exception - including resort or luxury hotels)
3 - Waving of cancellation fee up to 12 hours before official checkin time on all BonVoy booking (all bookings including prepaid ones and non cancellable ones - Can be limited to a limited numbers of bookings per year)
4 - Waving of early departure fee (You book for 3 nights, and you decide to leave the hotel after 2 nights for exemple)
7 - Guaranteed upgrade at the time of booking - including selecting suites (or at least a few times a year)
8 - Free Parking

Some of those could be included in the choice of "Welcome amenities" but il would be better as an extra benefit (or a second Welcome amenities :-) )

If anything these will be ambassador benefits instead of titanium benefits... and free parking will never happen at properties system wide

joakgarp Feb 3, 2019 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Nuhusky (Post 30733964)
the whole upgrade process needs to be fixed. I’m tired of seeing lower tier members get upgrades before titanium members

Source?

UA-NYC Feb 3, 2019 8:47 am

Source - every hotel that just gives away suites as they come to check in, vs. pre-ranking/assigning them based on status level. This is not "news".

Lizie Feb 3, 2019 8:51 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 30733877)
Nothing will change on the benefits side. The new programme has only just begun.

Over the medium term, I would bet far more on a devaluation of Plat benefits, rather than an improvement in Tit benefits.

It does seem more likely Plat benefits are going to be 'enhanced' rather than Marriott improve the Tit benefits. So, we're going to be known colloquially as 'Tits' are we. Well that's a good reason to move your custom right there.

username Feb 3, 2019 8:58 am

Originally Posted by sinfonia (Post 30733390)
It has been suggested by someone at the Ambassador line that LPP will not actually be Lifetime Titanium (or Lifetime Ambassador Elite or whatever it was called) - but that the lifetime designations may be other categories altogether - that is, if you earn titanium one year, then you will be titanium for the year, but if you do not earn each year the status marks that have been previously laid out, you will be some other (yet unnamed) category which is lifetime ____. The benefits of that lifetime _____ are yet unknown.

This is not going to fly, is it?

UA-NYC Feb 3, 2019 9:25 am

One poster already spread that conspiracy theory last year and it was soundly debunked...let's not go down that path again.

LT Titanium is having Titanium every year (except for not earning the 50/75 night benefits). Case closed.

Nuhusky Feb 3, 2019 10:08 am

Originally Posted by joakgarp (Post 30734398)
Source?

you really need a source? Just go to any hotel in the chain

brp1264 Feb 3, 2019 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Ericdeparis (Post 30734221)
8 - Free Parking

I'd settle with the front desk staff freely offering up 4pm check-out upfront when they see you are Titanium, versus asking what time you want to check out and then you having to mention it as a benefit and having a semi-argument about what time you're allowed to stay until.

X-ON Feb 3, 2019 11:12 am

Given that there was not that big difference between GLD and PLT in legacy MR I would be surprised if TIT becomes more differentiated with respect to PLT in MBV.
That being said there is already quite a big difference since you are eligible for suite upgrades at RC properties. I would hope that at one point they add some more benefits at StR LC and RC properties like someone suggested an additional welcome gift such as 50% off Lounge Access at RC or similar.

hipquest Feb 3, 2019 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by brp1264 (Post 30734761)
I'd settle with the front desk staff freely offering up 4pm check-out upfront when they see you are Titanium, versus asking what time you want to check out and then you having to mention it as a benefit and having a semi-argument about what time you're allowed to stay until.

I'm actually iffy on this one. Don't get me wrong, I love the late check out ability but I also love the ability to check in early. I think if was offered at check-in a lot of people would just say ok and not bother to actually check out when they leave.(I've had to train my husband to use the app or stop by the desk to check out, he'd just grab the folio left under the door and leave). In my/our experience we've gotten some very nice upgrades, just by mentioning that we'd be checking out early for a flight, that wouldn't have been available otherwise. YMMV

nequine Feb 3, 2019 1:08 pm

Free parking would be nice to have for the properties that charge it, although sometimes I do get that comped.

Vouchers for free drink/meals would be nice too. I found that since the change from gold to platinum the number of perks have considerably decreased, no more drinks vouchers. This past weekend was my first stay at a hotel since becoming PP and other than getting a superior room, there was no difference between what I got and Joe Bloggs coming in off the street.

DFWsakp Feb 3, 2019 4:27 pm

The Resort Fee really needs to go away for Tits. Some charge as much as $30 to $40 per night which is atrocious. They don't want to put that in the room rate as they lose the competitiveness and all those on Award/Points do not have to pay the same.

ryw Feb 3, 2019 7:05 pm

Do folks put a value on the complimentary (silver) United status that Titanium will have?

I assume a lot of folks traveling that much will already have status on the airline of their choice - but as someone who doesn't have United status, if I was close to 75 nights, it's enough to sweeten the deal to have a backup airline option for me to stay a couple extra nights at Marriott/Bonvoy properties.

(Also I don't see how an early check in can be necessarily a guaranteed benefit - in the fall I showed up to a hotel around noon or 1pm and was told that the hotel was completely booked the night before and the room I booked wouldn't be ready for a while due to plats and PPs using their 4pm checkout!)

Nuhusky Feb 3, 2019 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by ryw (Post 30736163)
Do folks put a value on the complimentary (silver) United status that Titanium will have?

I assume a lot of folks traveling that much will already have status on the airline of their choice - but as someone who doesn't have United status, if I was close to 75 nights, it's enough to sweeten the deal to have a backup airline option for me to stay a couple extra nights at Marriott/Bonvoy properties.

(Also I don't see how an early check in can be necessarily a guaranteed benefit - in the fall I showed up to a hotel around noon or 1pm and was told that the hotel was completely booked the night before and the room I booked wouldn't be ready for a while due to plats and PPs using their 4pm checkout!)

i appreciated the delta status under spg but that’s now gone. Would be great if they gave basic status on more than just united. That would be a perk for the days I don’t travel on aa

hipquest Feb 3, 2019 7:26 pm

My point exactly :)

njcommodore Feb 3, 2019 8:18 pm

Upgrade the silver to gold on United.

Kacee Feb 3, 2019 8:29 pm

How about the properties just follow the rules?

Mr. Vker Feb 3, 2019 8:32 pm

A dedicated phone line with competent agents without a miserable phone tree to get to a human.

CCIE_Flyer Feb 3, 2019 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by njcommodore (Post 30736313)
Upgrade the silver to gold on United.

I personally think that free Silver status is more than generous - wouldn't want to see thousands of newly minted unearned UAGs cluttering things up just because they stay in a certain very large hotel brand 75 nights/year.

VickiSoCal Feb 3, 2019 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by joakgarp (Post 30734398)
Source?

Personal experience of having lower tier colleagues at same hotel, same nights, with better upgrades.

boolean64 Feb 4, 2019 4:34 am

Originally Posted by myperks (Post 30734345)

If anything these will be ambassador benefits instead of titanium benefits... and free parking will never happen at properties system wide

Why will it never happen? Hyatt offers free parking for Globalists (60 nights) on award stays and comps the resort fee for all stays. Matching this policy would be a great start for differentiating Tit and Plat. Others would be a no-BS breakfast benefit everywhere and moving to the old SPG "if you can buy a standard room with cash you can book it on points" policy. If they can't get the legacy marriott hotel owners to do it for everyone, maybe they can do it just for a small subset of customers.

Handcake Feb 4, 2019 4:41 am

Dining in the restaurant tonight I was thinking a bigger discount than 20%. 10% silver, 15% gold, 20% plat 25% titan 30% ambassador.

I was also thinking all soft drinks in the restaurant ordered by the person with status to should be free. They are free in the lounge, but go downstairs and you are paying $4-10 for a coke. That's a bit much.

X-ON Feb 4, 2019 5:33 am

How about a minibar allowance per stay or night at certain brands? ....

UnitedGS_seat2B Feb 4, 2019 5:51 am

A tough question

This is a tough question and Marriott has to get it right.

The trade off on the titanium benefits must be a balance between a business travel benefit and a vacation benefit.

When I am on business I want all the points I can take. I will pay the parking fee, the resort fee, the breakfast, every thing gets rolled into the expence report. Then I pay for everything on my marriott Chase card.

When I’m on vacation I don’t want to pay for any of these fees. Plus use all those points to not pay for the suite with the balcony overlooking the ocean. Everything on points.

I do do want an upgrade on my room in both cases.

So maybe a choice of when you get to pick a free fee and breaksest stay. Let’s say 5 stays per year you get guaranteed upgrade stay and pay no fees and free breakfast for everyone in your room.

That would differentiate between titanium and platinum. And you would be incentivized to keep spending on the majority of the business trips. This is really where marriott makes their money and where the relationship starts.

You have ave to make sure the titanium road warriors get that special vacation every year. Other wise there will be no more loyalty in he industry and it will just come down to the lowest cost for both business and personal travel. Sounds very boring.

kalo93406 Feb 4, 2019 5:55 am

I earned 75 night PP in 2018, first time for me as I never paid much attention to hotel programs and have been traveling more. The United Silver for me is a great benefit. I used to get it on 25k miles, but with the new $/miles program, I don't seem to be spending enough. I'm happy to have it back now. Taking my first flight tomorrow night from Sanghai to LAX. I already canceled/downgraded my Chase MP Explorer card for the next 2 years probably, so that is saving $95/year. Look forward to getting an economy plus seat tomorrow and they look more open so might have no one next to me. I'm not sure if Silver can get upgrades to business? I think i saw something that said only with higher cost fares. Anyway, it is valuable to me for sure.

Loving the 4 pm check out, but yes on occasion we might have to accept no early check in and more like 5 pm if we want the nicer room upgrades. I've done pretty well with upgrades in China/Thailand recently, but I did do some changing after 5 or 6 pm sometimes.:)

FREE parking for Titanium would be the one add I'd like to see.

controller1 Feb 4, 2019 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Handcake (Post 30737232)
Dining in the restaurant tonight I was thinking a bigger discount than 20%. 10% silver, 15% gold, 20% plat 25% titan 30% ambassador.

I was also thinking all soft drinks in the restaurant ordered by the person with status to should be free. They are free in the lounge, but go downstairs and you are paying $4-10 for a coke. That's a bit much.

You wish!

arlflyer Feb 4, 2019 1:03 pm

Since this has now predictably (and understandably) evolved into the "dream elite benefits" thread, I'll go ahead and put mine out there. The one that would gain win my allegiance on the spot would be a laundry benefit. I'm not talking about delicately cleaning priceless royal garments or whatever; I just want to not have to choose between paying $25 for two items or washing out clothing in the sink with tubes of off-brand shower goo. If some chain would give me X number of generic mesh laundry bags per year to throw in the commercial-scale washing operation, I'd be ecstatic.

pWei Feb 4, 2019 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer (Post 30738949)
Since this has now predictably (and understandably) evolved into the "dream elite benefits" thread, I'll go ahead and put mine out there. The one that would gain win my allegiance on the spot would be a laundry benefit. I'm not talking about delicately cleaning priceless royal garments or whatever; I just want to not have to choose between paying $25 for two items or washing out clothing in the sink with tubes of off-brand shower goo. If some chain would give me X number of generic mesh laundry bags per year to throw in the commercial-scale washing operation, I'd be ecstatic.

Welcome gift - Breakfast, 1000 points, or free 2 pc laundry?

arlflyer Feb 4, 2019 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by pWei (Post 30739112)
Welcome gift - Breakfast, 1000 points, or free 2 pc laundry?

I would not trade breakfast! Laundry has to be in addition. :D