Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

What benefit(s) would you suggest for Bonvoy Titanium?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What benefit(s) would you suggest for Bonvoy Titanium?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:55 am

Full breakfast at every brand
No resort/destination fees
Every room is bookable with points - if standard room is for sale, can always book with points. Next category for a small premium in points. Etc.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Let’s think outside the McMarriott box: Functioning IT? Competent customer service?

Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Sabai
Let’s think outside the McMarriott box: Functioning IT? Competent customer service?

Ahhh, cute. Reaching for the stars!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
At the minimum, refunding the portion of a resort fee that covers internet access and other amenities that are supposed to be complimentary by virtue of elite status should be a policy for all elite statuses.
MW147 and brp1264 like this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premiere Elite
The Resort Fee thing is a very North America problem, just wondering if this disqualifies it as a benefit as the Rest of the World Titaniums would not have any added benefit.

I like the MiniBar allowance idea or the laundry piece benefit, although for example my standard Sheraton hotel often does not charge for softdrinks from the minibar as they say it is anyhow FOC in the lounge, but it is just a goodwill their end.

Instead of benefits I would like a better Upgrade priority, free cancelation same day for all tariffs and a better customer service respective self-services (all invoices online, room choice upon app check-in like Hilton does, check-in machines like Accor). I just want to get my room as fast and convenient as possible after a long day at work and not wait 15 minutes in line.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:25 pm

1. Waive parking fees
2. Waive resort fees
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
As a lifetime Titanium with 1250 nights and over 6 million lifetime points (not from credit card accumulation) with 25 years as a member.I have earned most of my nights and points from resort stays and every stay paid for personally not through company business so I would like better recognition at resorts. I get a upgrade maybe 1 out of 10 times and mostly just one grade up (though notably there are several of my regular favourites that look after me quite well). I have for years ot received lounge access on most of my stays as they have been in resorts and no free breakfasts. I am thankful that at least I can get breakfast in some resorts now though sad it already seems to have been diluted at some of my favourite places. Late checkout at resorts would also have been a nice improvement but still has the awful subject to availability clause which seems too mean NO o most occasions.
To be honest being very selfish I would like to see a higher Lifetime Level perhaps for over 1200 nights with some better benefits.
Late Check out guaranteed at resorts
Proper breakfast (not a coffee and pastry!)
Upgrade confirmable prior to arrive if available on the day.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by markzz2
As a lifetime Titanium with 1250 nights and over 6 million lifetime points (not from credit card accumulation) with 25 years as a member.I have earned most of my nights and points from resort stays and every stay paid for personally not through company business so I would like better recognition at resorts. I get a upgrade maybe 1 out of 10 times and mostly just one grade up (though notably there are several of my regular favourites that look after me quite well). I have for years ot received lounge access on most of my stays as they have been in resorts and no free breakfasts. I am thankful that at least I can get breakfast in some resorts now though sad it already seems to have been diluted at some of my favourite places. Late checkout at resorts would also have been a nice improvement but still has the awful subject to availability clause which seems too mean NO o most occasions.
To be honest being very selfish I would like to see a higher Lifetime Level perhaps for over 1200 nights with some better benefits.
50 nights per year at resorts, can I have your life, please
In all seriousness, I don't think your request is being selfish. What I'd like from Marriott is a menu of benefits to choose from as our needs change over our traveling lives and from trip to trip. For example, breakfast is a bigger deal to some while someone else might appreciate free parking more. They give us a list of XX benefits available at booking and we choose XX number of benefits we'd like to use. If they can do it with pillows I don't think it would be that hard to do....

But of course, Marriott would have to actually get its act together with IT and enforce existing benefits first.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Originally Posted by hipquest
In all seriousness, I don't think your request is being selfish. What I'd like from Marriott is a menu of benefits to choose from as our needs change over our traveling lives and from trip to trip. For example, breakfast is a bigger deal to some while someone else might appreciate free parking more. They give us a list of XX benefits available at booking and we choose XX number of benefits we'd like to use. If they can do it with pillows I don't think it would be that hard to do....

But of course, Marriott would have to actually get its act together with IT and enforce existing benefits first.
That is a brilliant idea and would balance out the needs of the traveller (i.e. you and I) and also the business as not everyone on the same day would want late check out, not everyone would want breakfast and therefore ideally would make it easier for properties to manage on a daily basis. Oh, and a good few of my nights are also from weekends in cities (which as we know often means a closed lounge and no breakfast). So I am at least better off now as I can have breakfast.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt & Marriott Bonvoy
Considering to abandon Marriott Bonvoy...

I’ve been a loyal SPG lifetime platinum member for decades. I began staying at STARWOOD properties 30+ years ago. Now that Marriott has completely destroyed SPG, prices on all hotels are up 25% higher than comparable Hyatt properties, point earning vs point redemption has also lost value by at least 30% compared to Hyatt and to the former SPG.
Hyatt Globalist’s get resort fees waived on all stays and free parking as well on free nights. Lifetime Titanium Elites should get the same for starters and additional discounts on room rates (like Hyatt does).
If Marriott Bonvoy decides to end Lifetime benefits SPG Lifetime Platinums earned and continue to make our loyalty worthless then I will completely stop staying at any Marriott Bonvoy property going forward.
Since SPG’s death my stays at Marriott Bonvoy properties in 2019 have dropped by 90% going to Hyatt. If Marriott continue on this path they will make it easy for me to avoid doing any business at all with them. In fact I have converted at least a dozen long time SPG & Marriott customers to switch to Hyatt from the multiple times a week I fly in first class and speak to other like minded executives that are also upset with Marriott’s poor handling of SPG, Marriott’s higher room costs in comparison to Hyatt as well as their poor customer service and reputation for nickel & diming their most loyal customers.
I’m so disgusted with Marriott Bonvoy that I’m even avoiding well managed SPG & Marriott properties around the world that I like, where I’ve stayed consistently for more than 30 years.
I don’t want a penny of mine, my customers or anyone else going to Marriott until they either become customer centered like SPG was, or Hyatt is, or get forced out of business. Marriott has converted one of their most loyal customers to their worst enemy.
I will stop at nothing to cause Marriott to lose business to their competitors if they continue to disrespect their most loyal customers.
UA-NYC likes this.

Last edited by Option7; Mar 31, 2019 at 4:24 pm
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:35 pm

Seriously, other than free nights, Marriott offers nothing. I am Titanium Elite , and lifetime Gold. I have never had an comped upgrade. Half the time I am never thanked for being elite. I do over 100-150 night a year in Marriott, and I free like a peasant. And there really is no such thing as a free night. Parking and Resort Fees cost a fortune.
nequine likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt & Marriott Bonvoy
Poor customer service only interested in profit at the top.

I’m lucky if I get an upgrade on a single night as well. Usually they tell me I can upgrade for a fee even though I’m supposed to get an upgrade if it is available upon check-in. I’m then told there is no free upgrade space but there is paid upgrade space. They can shove this reasoning up their .... I used to get upgraded all the time as a lifetime platinum elite. Not once Marriott took control. Marriott doesn’t appreciate their most loyal customers let alone the ones who blindly book Marriott properties since they don’t know any better.
I would try Hyatt. They treat their Globalists extremely well. No resort fees, a free night always includes parking and breakfast in their Regency Clubs or at their main restaurant on property if there is no Regency Club. Hyatt staff are first class. They are empowered to improve every guest’s experience. Marriott doesn’t allow it’s employees to give away a bottle of water without getting permission.
They remember who you are and thank you for being Diamond. Marriott doesn’t thank you for anything for fear the customer may expect special treatment which could cost them a few dollars.
Marriott’s win-lose management philosophy frustrates their employees and drives away loyal customers as they suck in as many “one time guests” at certain resort properties to sell time shares to young & old couples that are easy prey for a sleazy sales pitch.
The sad thing is that there are former SPG properties and some Marriott properties which don’t follow the win-lose management style of Marriott corporate which means they actually care about their most loyal customers. This puts these properties in a very difficult position where guests begin to avoid doing business with Marriott. The name “Marriott” is toxic for people who know hotels. If Marriott starts changing the name of properties like the Westin Moana Surfrider to the Marriott Moana Surfrider then this hotel which I’ve been staying at since 1982 would be dead to me. One thing for certain, the most certain way to destroy the reputation of a hotel is to let Marriott manage it.
Do yourself a favor & switch to Hyatt. You will thank me.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Option7
I’m lucky if I get an upgrade on a single night as well. Usually they tell me I can upgrade for a fee even though I’m supposed to get an upgrade if it is available upon check-in. I’m then told there is no free upgrade space but there is paid upgrade space. They can shove this reasoning up their .... I used to get upgraded all the time as a lifetime platinum elite. Not once Marriott took control. Marriott doesn’t appreciate their most loyal customers let alone the ones who blindly book Marriott properties since they don’t know any better.
I would try Hyatt. They treat their Globalists extremely well. No resort fees, a free night always includes parking and breakfast in their Regency Clubs or at their main restaurant on property if there is no Regency Club. Hyatt staff are first class. They are empowered to improve every guest’s experience. Marriott doesn’t allow it’s employees to give away a bottle of water without getting permission.
They remember who you are and thank you for being Diamond. Marriott doesn’t thank you for anything for fear the customer may expect special treatment which could cost them a few dollars.
Marriott’s win-lose management philosophy frustrates their employees and drives away loyal customers as they suck in as many “one time guests” at certain resort properties to sell time shares to young & old couples that are easy prey for a sleazy sales pitch.
The sad thing is that there are former SPG properties and some Marriott properties which don’t follow the win-lose management style of Marriott corporate which means they actually care about their most loyal customers. This puts these properties in a very difficult position where guests begin to avoid doing business with Marriott. The name “Marriott” is toxic for people who know hotels. If Marriott starts changing the name of properties like the Westin Moana Surfrider to the Marriott Moana Surfrider then this hotel which I’ve been staying at since 1982 would be dead to me. One thing for certain, the most certain way to destroy the reputation of a hotel is to let Marriott manage it.
Do yourself a favor & switch to Hyatt. You will thank me.
Oh another one of them Hyatt goers
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by markzz2
At the chance of sounding like an elitist. Higher thresholds for lifetime status isn't a bad thing. Either nights or spend after accumulating the years.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by hipquest

Be careful of what you wish for I have openings at my firm. @ 170 nights a year with a large number (some years) at some properties that are called resorts and a lot that are barely hotels.
I would like to see selectable (even at a yearly point) perks. Something like MM status with United.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.