Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

What benefit(s) would you suggest for Bonvoy Titanium?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What benefit(s) would you suggest for Bonvoy Titanium?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sinfonia
It has been suggested by someone at the Ambassador line that LPP will not actually be Lifetime Titanium (or Lifetime Ambassador Elite or whatever it was called) - but that the lifetime designations may be other categories altogether - that is, if you earn titanium one year, then you will be titanium for the year, but if you do not earn each year the status marks that have been previously laid out, you will be some other (yet unnamed) category which is lifetime ____. The benefits of that lifetime _____ are yet unknown.
This is not going to fly, is it?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
One poster already spread that conspiracy theory last year and it was soundly debunked...let's not go down that path again.

LT Titanium is having Titanium every year (except for not earning the 50/75 night benefits). Case closed.
CCIE_Flyer likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Source?
you really need a source? Just go to any hotel in the chain
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Originally Posted by Ericdeparis
Here what I would love for Titanium: (Starting with my favorites)
1 - Guaranteed 4 pm late checkout in all BonVoy Hotels (No exception - including resort or luxury hotels)
2 - No Resort Fee and No Destination Fee (Or at least a huge discount on it)
3 - Waving of cancellation fee up to 12 hours before official checkin time on all BonVoy booking (all bookings including prepaid ones and non cancellable ones - Can be limited to a limited numbers of bookings per year)
4 - Waving of early departure fee (You book for 3 nights, and you decide to leave the hotel after 2 nights for exemple)
5 - Guaranteed 6 or even 8 pm late Checkout (At least in a few bookings a year)
6 - Lounge access in All BonVoy Hotels (Including Luxury Hotels)
7 - Guaranteed upgrade at the time of booking - including selecting suites (or at least a few times a year)
8 - Free Parking

Some of those could be included in the choice of "Welcome amenities" but il would be better as an extra benefit (or a second Welcome amenities :-) )
I'd settle with the front desk staff freely offering up 4pm check-out upfront when they see you are Titanium, versus asking what time you want to check out and then you having to mention it as a benefit and having a semi-argument about what time you're allowed to stay until.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Given that there was not that big difference between GLD and PLT in legacy MR I would be surprised if TIT becomes more differentiated with respect to PLT in MBV.
That being said there is already quite a big difference since you are eligible for suite upgrades at RC properties. I would hope that at one point they add some more benefits at StR LC and RC properties like someone suggested an additional welcome gift such as 50% off Lounge Access at RC or similar.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by brp1264
I'd settle with the front desk staff freely offering up 4pm check-out upfront when they see you are Titanium, versus asking what time you want to check out and then you having to mention it as a benefit and having a semi-argument about what time you're allowed to stay until.
I'm actually iffy on this one. Don't get me wrong, I love the late check out ability but I also love the ability to check in early. I think if was offered at check-in a lot of people would just say ok and not bother to actually check out when they leave.(I've had to train my husband to use the app or stop by the desk to check out, he'd just grab the folio left under the door and leave). In my/our experience we've gotten some very nice upgrades, just by mentioning that we'd be checking out early for a flight, that wouldn't have been available otherwise. YMMV
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Free parking would be nice to have for the properties that charge it, although sometimes I do get that comped.

Vouchers for free drink/meals would be nice too. I found that since the change from gold to platinum the number of perks have considerably decreased, no more drinks vouchers. This past weekend was my first stay at a hotel since becoming PP and other than getting a superior room, there was no difference between what I got and Joe Bloggs coming in off the street.
PointWeasel likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
The Resort Fee really needs to go away for Tits. Some charge as much as $30 to $40 per night which is atrocious. They don't want to put that in the room rate as they lose the competitiveness and all those on Award/Points do not have to pay the same.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:05 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Do folks put a value on the complimentary (silver) United status that Titanium will have?

I assume a lot of folks traveling that much will already have status on the airline of their choice - but as someone who doesn't have United status, if I was close to 75 nights, it's enough to sweeten the deal to have a backup airline option for me to stay a couple extra nights at Marriott/Bonvoy properties.

(Also I don't see how an early check in can be necessarily a guaranteed benefit - in the fall I showed up to a hotel around noon or 1pm and was told that the hotel was completely booked the night before and the room I booked wouldn't be ready for a while due to plats and PPs using their 4pm checkout!)
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Originally Posted by ryw
Do folks put a value on the complimentary (silver) United status that Titanium will have?

I assume a lot of folks traveling that much will already have status on the airline of their choice - but as someone who doesn't have United status, if I was close to 75 nights, it's enough to sweeten the deal to have a backup airline option for me to stay a couple extra nights at Marriott/Bonvoy properties.

(Also I don't see how an early check in can be necessarily a guaranteed benefit - in the fall I showed up to a hotel around noon or 1pm and was told that the hotel was completely booked the night before and the room I booked wouldn't be ready for a while due to plats and PPs using their 4pm checkout!)
i appreciated the delta status under spg but that’s now gone. Would be great if they gave basic status on more than just united. That would be a perk for the days I don’t travel on aa
CrystalPhoenix likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by ryw

My point exactly
ryw likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Upgrade the silver to gold on United.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
How about the properties just follow the rules?
sdix, Horace, goldenbear and 5 others like this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
A dedicated phone line with competent agents without a miserable phone tree to get to a human.
sdix, RobOnLI, Yul_voyager and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by njcommodore
Upgrade the silver to gold on United.
I personally think that free Silver status is more than generous - wouldn't want to see thousands of newly minted unearned UAGs cluttering things up just because they stay in a certain very large hotel brand 75 nights/year.
yeunganson and margarita girl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.