Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

What benefit(s) would you suggest for Bonvoy Titanium?

Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX

I ask this question because of all the changes going on and because those of us who have achieved LTPPE status never have to stay a single night, going forward, at Marriott to reap PPE/Titanium benefits for the occasional night(s). I think that current members absolutely should keep all current benefits for their level.

I mean benefits for all the road warriors that actually earn Titanium status by staying.

My suggestions-
True, dedicated high speed wifi
A set number of dining certs for when you use your points for a stay
Point discounts for stays
No resort fees

Any other ideas?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
It has been suggested by someone at the Ambassador line that LPP will not actually be Lifetime Titanium (or Lifetime Ambassador Elite or whatever it was called) - but that the lifetime designations may be other categories altogether - that is, if you earn titanium one year, then you will be titanium for the year, but if you do not earn each year the status marks that have been previously laid out, you will be some other (yet unnamed) category which is lifetime ____. The benefits of that lifetime _____ are yet unknown.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by hipquest

Any other ideas?
Allow Titanium members to name the program something else.

David
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Amb, oneworld Ruby
Originally Posted by hipquest
I ask this question because of all the changes going on and because those of us who have achieved LTPPE status never have to stay a single night, going forward, at Marriott to reap PPE/Titanium benefits for the occasional night(s). I think that current members absolutely should keep all current benefits for their level.

I mean benefits for all the road warriors that actually earn Titanium status by staying.

My suggestions-
True, dedicated high speed wifi
A set number of dining certs for when you use your points for a stay
Point discounts for stays
No resort fees

Any other ideas?
I would love to be able to rollover a few nights into qualification for the following year.

For those of us who can't break the USD20K threshold, it would give us some incentive to keep staying at Marriott after crossing the 75 / 100 nights mark.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Nothing will change on the benefits side. The new programme has only just begun.

Over the medium term, I would bet far more on a devaluation of Plat benefits, rather than an improvement in Tit benefits.
ExArkie likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Guaranteed use of sna at time of booking as opposed to the upgrade window.

no parking fees or resort fees

the whole upgrade process needs to be fixed. I’m tired of seeing lower tier members get upgrades before titanium members
Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Ability for LT status like United GS with over 3000 nights.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Waiving resort/parking fees would actually make me want to seek out Marriotts again...
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: Marriott LTT+Amb., BA GGL, Flying Blue LTP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Here what I would love for Titanium: (Starting with my favorites)
1 - Guaranteed 4 pm late checkout in all BonVoy Hotels (No exception - including resort or luxury hotels)
2 - No Resort Fee and No Destination Fee (Or at least a huge discount on it)
3 - Waving of cancellation fee up to 12 hours before official checkin time on all BonVoy booking (all bookings including prepaid ones and non cancellable ones - Can be limited to a limited numbers of bookings per year)
4 - Waving of early departure fee (You book for 3 nights, and you decide to leave the hotel after 2 nights for exemple)
5 - Guaranteed 6 or even 8 pm late Checkout (At least in a few bookings a year)
6 - Lounge access in All BonVoy Hotels (Including Luxury Hotels)
7 - Guaranteed upgrade at the time of booking - including selecting suites (or at least a few times a year)
8 - Free Parking

Some of those could be included in the choice of "Welcome amenities" but il would be better as an extra benefit (or a second Welcome amenities :-) )
l380 and UA-NYC like this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
How about guaranteed breakfast for guest + 1 at all properties, regardless of brand, and not having it be considered the welcome gift?
etsmyers and nequine like this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:03 am

Guarantee the existing benefits. Make SNAs easier to use, available at all hotels and not just a few. Make award nights have great availability than for the basic members.

Until the existing benefits are more or less guaranteed, it doesn't matter how much extra stuff they add.
UA-NYC, MSPeconomist and nexusCFX like this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Ericdeparis
Here what I would love for Titanium: (Starting with my favorites)
1 - Guaranteed 4 pm late checkout in all BonVoy Hotels (No exception - including resort or luxury hotels)
2 - No Resort Fee and No Destination Fee (Or at least a huge discount on it)
3 - Waving of cancellation fee up to 12 hours before official checkin time on all BonVoy booking (all bookings including prepaid ones and non cancellable ones - Can be limited to a limited numbers of bookings per year)
4 - Waving of early departure fee (You book for 3 nights, and you decide to leave the hotel after 2 nights for exemple)
5 - Guaranteed 6 or even 8 pm late Checkout (At least in a few bookings a year)
6 - Lounge access in All BonVoy Hotels (Including Luxury Hotels)
7 - Guaranteed upgrade at the time of booking - including selecting suites (or at least a few times a year)
8 - Free Parking

Some of those could be included in the choice of "Welcome amenities" but il would be better as an extra benefit (or a second Welcome amenities :-) )
If anything these will be ambassador benefits instead of titanium benefits... and free parking will never happen at properties system wide
MSPeconomist and seat38a like this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by Nuhusky
the whole upgrade process needs to be fixed. I’m tired of seeing lower tier members get upgrades before titanium members
Source?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Source - every hotel that just gives away suites as they come to check in, vs. pre-ranking/assigning them based on status level. This is not "news".
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Nothing will change on the benefits side. The new programme has only just begun.

Over the medium term, I would bet far more on a devaluation of Plat benefits, rather than an improvement in Tit benefits.
It does seem more likely Plat benefits are going to be 'enhanced' rather than Marriott improve the Tit benefits. So, we're going to be known colloquially as 'Tits' are we. Well that's a good reason to move your custom right there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.