Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disaster of a merger!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
I'm neither an "ardent defender" (by any stretch) nor have I stated that I've had no problems. That is your fantasy extrapolation without knowing anything about me, but feeling the emotional need to rebut me.

What I did say is perhaps, in the future, consider adhering to the terms and conditions you accepted when you joined FT and don't start yet another thread when your query/tirade can be addressed in one of the already existing "I hate Marriott, the merger sucks" threads.

Furthermore, in this specific case it sounds like you could have answered your own question by actually reading the terms and conditions of the card you are paying $450 a year to carry and if you had actually searched/perused this forum, you likely would have found the other answer, which William has kindly provided to you.

In the future, perhaps measure twice, cut once before going on a "tirade."

Regards
William pasted the terms and dates of when the nights will post and that was not good enough. William had to spoon feed the specifics. This is all within the same thread
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by transportbiz
It's one example, I really didn't want to go on a tirade.

I've had issues with nights and stays crediting, issues with seeing reservations, issues with status not showing on the hotel side. Non-tech issues, have to do with properties themselves, mostly to do with cleanliness. Residence Inn in Nashville, wet toilet paper stuck to the entry stoop, is a very nice "welcome", brown smears on the wall behind the toilet I really didn't want to think about. Sheraton Suites Orlando, used wet wash cloths still in the tub, bathrobe loose on hanger with no tie, clearly been worn before, coffee packet still in the coffee maker. In general things on the surface just seem to be in chaos.
Sounds like more fake news to me.

If you would have read the Terms and Conditions as the Starwood Lurker pointed out so succinctly, you would have seen the posting deadline is March 1st.
We are now in January.

Newman

Last edited by Newman; Jan 30, 2019 at 5:54 pm
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:51 pm

But ya' did. There are about a gazillion whining threads in this forum about the merger. How is yours any different, such that you needed to start your very own to hash over items that have literally been beaten to death since last August?

Is there a reason you couldn't have just used one of the countless threads that already exist for bashing the merger?

Regards
And thanks to the OP, we now have a gazillion and one....
Is this what Andy Warhol had in mind when he spoke about everyone wanting his15 minutes of fame?

BIG YAWN.....

Newman
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:52 pm

I'm neither an "ardent defender" (by any stretch) nor have I stated that I've had no problems. That is your fantasy extrapolation without knowing anything about me, but feeling the emotional need to rebut me.

What I did say is perhaps, in the future, consider adhering to the terms and conditions you accepted when you joined FT and don't start yet another thread when your query/tirade can be addressed in one of the already existing "I hate Marriott, the merger sucks" threads.

Furthermore, in this specific case it sounds like you could have answered your own question by actually reading the terms and conditions of the card you are paying $450 a year to carry and if you had actually searched/perused this forum, you likely would have found the other answer, which William has kindly provided to you.

In the future, perhaps measure twice, cut once before going on a "tirade."

Regards
+ a gazillion

Newman
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Yes, I wanted specific information
A suggestion for the future - if you're looking to obtain information in a post, don't title the post "Disaster of a merger!". A thought - maybe put it in either the form of a question, or phrased as "I need information about..."

Simply saying "I didn't get X" isn't a query. If you had included your question from post #6 in your post #1 , you may have received a direct answer.

Although, frankly, it was answered and you still asked. And more frankly, it's in the T&C of your card, so you could have realized that it's nowhere near overdue and not even asked the question, with a tiny bit of effort.
Newman and margarita girl like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:28 pm

Well I agree the merger has been a disaster but for a competently different reason. They have gutted the spg amex card as far as airline points are concerned. At best it is a 1/3 devaluation from a more cynical point of view it is a 50% devaluation.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
It's called corporate culture
I continue to believe that most FTer's are knowledgeable travelers and business people.

There are certainly issue some have reported here but problems at a random Sheraton or Residence Inn ought to be seen as something under the control of a franchisee or hotel operator. Which company has those franchises? I think Arne has his head in the sand but don't expect him to know about every hotel.
kennycrudup and JBord like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
Originally Posted by Newman
Sounds like more fake news to me.

If you would have read the Terms and Conditions as the Starwood Lurker pointed out so succinctly, you would have seen the posting deadline is March 1st.
We are now in January.

Newman
And thanks to the OP, we now have a gazillion and one....
Is this what Andy Warhol had in mind when he spoke about everyone wanting his15 minutes of fame?

BIG YAWN.....

Newman
+ a gazillion

Newman
Just who is wanting his 15 minutes? Not one, but three messages? The irony.
Tanic and UA-NYC like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thread title is a bit misleading. I see Marriott/Starwood merger as generally positive while system integration has been a disaster. Marriott expanded coverage and offers great value redemption for many aspirational properties. I am from Starwood side and have enjoyed stays at legacy Marriott properties even though majority of my stays are still with legacy Starwood. As to system migration and stay posting, well, that's an entirely different story.
Newman likes this.

Last edited by TerryK; Jan 31, 2019 at 2:42 am
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
As to system migration and stay posting, well, that's an entirely different story.
...for some people of which the size of the affected group is undetermined. For many of us, the migration and stay posting has been near flawless after the first week or so. Even if 10% of customers are impacted by late postings to a loyalty program, people using words like "disaster" strikes me as gross exaggeration. People are dying across the midwest due to record low temps this week (it's still well below zero here in Chicago), and I'm not even sure that qualifies as a disaster. Surely, points posting a few days or even weeks late doesn't qualify.
Newman likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:13 am

I was kind of hoping for some more funny merger mishaps when I saw this thread. Talk about unnecessary hype.
Newman and margarita girl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.