Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Bonvoy has been launched in China

Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott PP, Hilton gold, Shangri-La emerald, AA Gold, China eastern airlines silver

Coming from one of my friends in China and he checked in one of the Marriott properties and got a new welcome card that having written Bonvoy as the new name of the program.

But there was not any new benefit when he was in the hotel or been mentioned, just keep watching.

Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wouldn't call this a launch. Property likely ran out of old paper stock and started using new stock. We will see the other side later as well; i.e. properties still using old paper stock after Feb 13th.
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
From what I was told by a property today they all received boxes of stuff that said - don't open until Feb 13th (so obviously Bonvoy). Sounds like this property opened the box before then & started distributing it.

Cheers.
narvik and Antarius like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

The Bonvoy has landed.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:15 am

Thats cheap.... a one-size-fits-all key holder with only Elite written on it. Not much recognition there.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
Thats cheap.... a one-size-fits-all key holder with only Elite written on it. Not much recognition there.
It's just a keycard holder. I don't pay attention to it and am not sure why others do. I want promised benefits, not a keycard holder that says "Lifetime Titanium".
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
It does costs Marriott less to have to not design a separate Elite holder for each elite category.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
From what I was told by a property today they all received boxes of stuff that said - don't open until Feb 13th....
"...they all received boxes of stuff that said - don't open until Feb 13th IN BOLD ENGLISH WRITING..."

Thread title is definitely misleading. Bonvoy is definitely NOT launched in China yet. Maybe one or a couple of rogue properties have opened the box too early, but I'd say that's about the extent of it.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by ehallison
It's just a keycard holder. I don't pay attention to it and am not sure why others do. I want promised benefits, not a keycard holder that says "Lifetime Titanium".
Agree.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Looks like they are retaining the "Your Room Has Been Upgraded" notice, which is what the coaster-like card states in simplified Chinese.

Except it's opposite of SPG keycard holders, where it's based on status with the corresponding benefits listed.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
On the plus side, the "elite member" keycard in the new font (is that arial bold?) is a gray or silver color that works for guests with silver, platinum and titanium status. They were using a fashionable matte black at many properties since August.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
I often ask to not be given one. Waste of paper. The keycard goes into my wallet immediately and that's all I need.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer

The Bonvoy has been launched...

Well I suppose that SkyMiles was taken
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Another curback by Marriott of something nice and potentially useful. Would it kill them to have holders for each status level?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Antarius
I often ask to not be given one. Waste of paper. The keycard goes into my wallet immediately and that's all I need.
It's also a security risk, if your surname and room number are written on the keycard envelope.
Antarius likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.