Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott/SPG hotel confirmation with all guest names for China visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott/SPG hotel confirmation with all guest names for China visa

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Yes, we did call one of the hotels directly - their response was to take a screen shot of the internal reservation screen, which didn't really solve the issue. Again, I think it is the Marriott/SPG system that limits the ability to show multiple guest names. Would love to hear that someone actually had this successfully done at a Marriott or SPG property - although probably of no use to us for this trip at this point :-)
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Iirc hotel info was never a requirement and applied on several occasions. Perhaps requirements changed recently but i am certain that if you have one reservation it will be more than enough for the family.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
I have applied for many Chinese visas over the years myself for many family members always staying in the same hotel room - never use a processor - and have never had to show a hotel receipt with each name on it. Hardly. I print the same hotel confirmation and staple it together with all the other crap and off it goes. I doubt they even pay any attention. Have done this with both children and my wife on various occasions for different kinds of visas, all here in NY
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Applied chinese visa last november. The hotel confirmation is under my name, and i got visa for my parents without issue.
as long as the reservation name match any of yout party it should be fine
KRSW likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
And it doesn't even have to match your actual itinerary. When I first applied for the visa, I knew I wanted to visit multiple cities. I had the air ticket secured, but not the hotel. I just booked a non-prepaid room on Expedia at the cheapest rate in one city for the entire duration (1 month). Cancelled booking after securing visa, and didn't even have to deal or wait for refunds/credits since payment wasn't due until check-in date.

I normally don't book hotels until closer to departures anyway.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:57 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
I went to CTS in HK once for a China visa and they asked me for an airline ticket. It was a trip at short notice so I didn't want to pay for an air ticket without knowing whether I would get the visa in time. So they simply created a dummy Air China booking for me (at no charge) and pushed the visa through.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: QF Gold
Just edit the confirmation email before you print it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.