Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Unconfirmed] rumor : Bonvoy titanium to get more benefits

[Unconfirmed] rumor : Bonvoy titanium to get more benefits

Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
I think in the long run we will see a cut to the benefits of Platinum Elite. Especially as going forward it is the max lifetime level so cutting benefits to that level has the biggest impact on costs
Markie likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Substantive change - walking back the promise to have the "better" legacy Starwood award availability, returning to the faux-Marriott-no blackout dates standard.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Positively Brilliant! I don't think anyone's even considered the market value or relative merits of metals, etc, up until now, so hopefully we can launch straight into that as a new avenue for public debate.
Well for that matter, gold has been more valuable than platinum for most of the last decade but platinum is still a higher level in almost all loyalty programs.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
I still don't understand all the comments about this - its just a name. Move on people.
SLC 4217, SacTownGuy and bhrubin like this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Ksw299
I still don't understand all the comments about this - its just a name. Move on people.
Or at least keep it to the existing thread so the rest of us don't have to read the arguments over which metal is heavier.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...13-2019-a.html
ryw and Ksw299 like this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by controller1
Marriott has made numerous changes to the T&C of the loyalty program since the new program was announced August 18, 2018, with absolutely no notice whatsoever. Some of those changes have watered down the benefits. Why do you believe "If there were program changes coming that soon, they would have been announced by now"?
In fact, I believe Marriott hasnt yet announced the benefits table applicable to the new tiers. A draft version circulated on some blogs, but I havent seen any official version. Theres definitely room for one or two surprises there (not saying there will be any, though).
puntamita likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
To be fair, if someone launched a new loyalty program and the levels were gold, silver, titanium, and platinum, would you know what order they go in? I know I wouldn't. I don't understand why no loyalty program seems to use the bronze, silver, gold levels that everyone already understands.
I say we do colors: Taupe, tan, beige, buff
SLC 4217 and jaejaez like this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zc881018
I don't know what this comes from but someone told me that premium platinum(AKA the titanium in the Bonvoy) will get complimentary breakfast in the Ritz-Carlton properties after the new program name have been activated and guaranteed for the suite upgrade if available in all of Marriott properties.
What would be the point of having 5 SNAs (about the only seemingly-useful thing for LTTs to choose at the 50-night level) if you're already getting guaranteed suite upgrades without SNAs? Are they going to let trade in my 5 SNAs for something else?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
What would be the point of having 5 SNAs (about the only seemingly-useful thing for LTTs to choose at the 50-night level) if you're already getting guaranteed suite upgrades without SNAs? Are they going to let trade in my 5 SNAs for something else?
You don't get "guaranteed suite upgrades".

You get suite upgrades if available.

SNAs clear (up to) 5 days in advance (in theory), not at time of arrival/check-in.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by 1973 Ford Pinto
You don't get "guaranteed suite upgrades".

You get suite upgrades if available.

SNAs clear (up to) 5 days in advance (in theory), not at time of arrival/check-in.
You forgot language ... You get suite upgrades if available and the property is willing to comply with the T&C rather than leave them empty."

For example, I was at a legacy SPG property on Saturday with several suites, they would upgrade me to a One Bedroom Suite for $200, even though I am PPE+A and a repeat guest at the property.

In the legacy Marriott world, pre 8/18, many (but not all) legacy Marriott properties prioritized legacy Plat Premier guests (a very different level than the current PPE) for suite upgrades and I was often upgraded to nice suites before arrival.

I'm hoping that the new levels which are easier to distinguish will return to the pre 8/18 days of identifying the best customers and prioritizing them before arrival.
PointWeasel likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold
Right, even better, they're absolutely NOT guaranteed.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by cfischer
It is lovely to read these speculations. Frankly, if Marriott wanted to up the benefits for Titanium members they should announce this ASAP, because I am largely booking away from RCs due to the lack of benefits. Sometimes if I can get a good FHR rate I might book an RC, but not otherwise. So, wishful thinking for now. If Marriott makes this change, it will be welcome and likely bring them more business.
fully agree. If there will be increasing benefits to Plat elite/titanium it would make sense to me to run up to 75 nights instead to stop at 50

before i know, before I start to run quicker...
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Originally Posted by Dav77

fully agree. If there will be increasing benefits to Plat elite/titanium it would make sense to me to run up to 75 nights instead to stop at 50

before i know, before I start to run quicker...
It would dilute RC too much if they did that. Getting to 75 night is not that hard with Marriott credit card elite nights and that meeting elite night hack.

Now being an Ambassador level benefit would make sense and drive spend to Marriott. Better yet give RC Lounge access to Ambassadors. Something like that would change my habits.
SLC 4217 and davidsc111 like this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott premier platinum, Hilton gold
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Much more important, it seems to me, is what they're going to call it when they need a level above titanium? Sort of like ATC, -- widebodies are "heavy"; 380s are "super." What will they call it when someone builds an exponentially larger plane? (Yes, I'm intentionally ignoring the fact that market conditions wouldn't support a plane generationally larger than the 380.) "Giganto"? Nah, too many syllables and it doesn't roll off the tongue smoothly. IIRC Concorde had no such special designation in ATC communications.

And why titanium? It's much less costly than platinum. In fact, titanium is often used as a substitute for platinum in rings because it looks more or less the same and is so much easier on the wallet.
Probably it's just because there are few or nearly none of programs make titanium as their member status.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Sorry, what is this thread about again?
EdV and bhrubin like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.