Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Looking for suggestions to use two 60k free night certs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver

Hi everyone, I have two 60k free night certs from Ritz card. Looking to maximize certificate from Boston to destination in October 2019 with my wife. Will likely stay 3-4 days and pay the other days with Marriott points. I have frequent flyer points with all the airlines and transferable miles with UR, Amex. Prefer non stop from Boston and likely will book Premium class or Business but open to other cities with non stop as well.

I was thinking London, Paris, Amsterdam, Rome or Grand Cayman Ritz. We like exploring cities and are big foodies so that is why I was thinking Europe rather than beach destination. We did something similar with Dublin a few years ago so looking for similar thing. Will likely need to reserve hotel before March 2019 when Marriott changes categories/add peak reward. I would love to go to Florence, Venice, Amalfi Coast or Barcelona but lack of non stop make this secondary choice.

Any suggestions on which property or city you would use certificates and which Marriott location? I am Platinum member, so bonus if lounge also!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, KLM Silver
Any st Regis or Ritz Carlton property in the cities you are visiting or any category 8 property
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
Originally Posted by cdoobiest
Hi everyone, I have two 60k free night certs from Ritz card. Looking to maximize certificate from Boston to destination in October 2019 with my wife. Will likely stay 3-4 days and pay the other days with Marriott points. I have frequent flyer points with all the airlines and transferable miles with UR, Amex. Prefer non stop from Boston and likely will book Premium class or Business but open to other cities with non stop as well.

I was thinking London, Paris, Amsterdam, Rome or Grand Cayman Ritz. We like exploring cities and are big foodies so that is why I was thinking Europe rather than beach destination. We did something similar with Dublin a few years ago so looking for similar thing. Will likely need to reserve hotel before March 2019 when Marriott changes categories/add peak reward. I would love to go to Florence, Venice, Amalfi Coast or Barcelona but lack of non stop make this secondary choice.

Any suggestions on which property or city you would use certificates and which Marriott location? I am Platinum member, so bonus if lounge also!
If you choose London, the Marriott county hall location cannot be beat. Its right next to London Eye and Westminster Abbey is in walking distance. They have a nice lounge from what I have heard but the best lounge in London and probably all of marriott probably belongs to St Pancras Renaissance but they restrict it to Platinum Premier as its called Chairman Club, so as a platinum you will not get access.

We went in last July during Wimbledon but stayed at the Canary Wharf Marriott as the cash rates were extremely crazy and I did not have enough points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.