Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

May I suggest Mods to recategorize subforums by brands under Marriott Bonvoy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat

Luxury,
Premium,
Select,
Longer Stays

I think it'll be more convenient and easier to find specific property thread.

Just my 2 cents.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
I think it'll be more convenient and easier to find specific property thread.
Maybe I'm completely misunderstanding, but how would that be any easier than simply using the search function?
CO-PLAT, jtwiz, nequine and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I like the structure as is.

The practical issue is that there isn't a lot of discussion on here of the select or longer stay properties. It does come up, however, in the context of where those are the only choices or when people add them into discussion of larger cities. For example, there were some recent suggestions on select properties in the Manhattan hotel thread that I thought was useful information. I'd hate to see it segregated into a different section.
Redhead likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
We're discussing various things for FT once Bonvoy comes along, but TBH organising anything by Marriott Grouping (Luxury, Premium, Select, Longer Stays, plus Collections, which was missed in the OP) isn't on the table at the moment.

These Groupings are more of Marriott Corporate thing and aren't really part of the language or terminology of the forum - not everyone readily understands, or agrees with, which brand is in which Grouping - so there's not much value sub-dividing stuff on the forum by Grouping.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:25 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Actually for me it was nice to have just kept it as the original - Marriots, Starwoods, Ritz. This made it easier for me at least.

Cheers!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Of the ~30 threads on my first page of the forum right now, I see only 6 that are hotel-specific, and 2 others that are brand specific.

The large majority of threads - at least active threads - seem to be about the rewards program itself, or else topics that discuss multiple hotels/brands ("which hotel in XXX city?). And IME, even for folks browsing rather than searching, sub-forums tend to get ignored, resulting in more duplicate threads.

I'm fine with just a single master forum.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I would like to see less Bonvoy. Instead of "Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in New York", why not just "Hotels in New York". We are in the Marriott forum after all.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I would like to see less Bonvoy. Instead of "Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in New York", why not just "Hotels in New York". We are in the Marriott forum after all.
Why are twenty year old threads being re-named? What is a BONVoY Hotel?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:06 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Actually for me it was nice to have just kept it as the original - Marriots, Starwoods, Ritz. This made it easier for me at least.

Cheers!
When I'm trying to decide on a hotel in a particular city, I care more about price segmentation and level of service (limited, full, luxury) than the legacy company a property used to be affiliated with.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Might as well group them by Country.
Much easier to find the information you need as you pick the hotels base on where you travel, not necessary what type.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
There are far too many threads in comparison to the old spg forum, making this subforum pretty much unreadable. Byevoy only kicks in in 3 weeks, yet the mods have started renaming threads. Why on earth?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Why not just add a few more stickies? Those seem to be the go-to, for whatever reason.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Uh, no.

David
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
I'm glad to see topics renamed to to such things as "Marriott Bonvoy Hotels is San Francisco." Bonvoy refers to hotels across the 29 participating brands. Even though we have a few weeks until the Bonvoy name kicks in, it makes sense to use it during the transition instead of something longwinded such as "Marriott's consolidated loyalty program." It won't be that long until Bonvoy "goes live."

The old naming convention (example: "Marriott-family Hotels in San Francisco") has always been confusing. Such topic names can be read as addressing the needs of families with children. Of course, the intent was to refer to all hotels in the Marriott "family" of brands.

At this point I cannot see FlyerTalk adding subforms based on market segment, geography, elite tier, or some other category. Too many topics would cross those categories.
goodeats21 likes this.

Last edited by Horace; Jan 25, 2019 at 11:47 am
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
If we have to subforum, IMO, it could be Program and Properties. The former for rewards program issues, the latter for discussions on the hotel itself

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.