Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Courtyard Bonus Points Packages

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Please move to correct forum if available. I couldn't find one that talked about this.

I have recently been really taking advantage of the 2k bonus point packages that Courtyard has been offering. I took the time to look at every single Marriott Property that I do business with for the company in the state that I live in and found some really good bonus points packages. I have found Courtyards from 2k-2,500 points. I have book three of them already and each time they don't post to my account. I have to email my ambassador every single time. Anyone doing these packages and if so are your bonus points posting?

Also in my state I found mostly 1k-3k Springhill's and Fairfield Inn and Suites. The highest one in my state is a 5k Fairfield Inn.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: IHG spire ambassador, SPG/Marriott Gold(new plat), Virgin Atlantic
I stayed at a courtyard in Tampa on a last minute booking just last weekend and the 2K bonus rate was actually less than the regular rate so i booked it ( i belive adv purchase had just closed probably by a day or so before I made my booking ). Initially the stay posted without the bonus 2k so I was going to call but didn't get time to do so and then I noticed today the 2k bonus showed up in a separate account item.

I think it is a good deal if paying $10 or so above the advance purchase rate for 2k, especially if it is flexible? It does seem that you receive different "deals & packages" rates if you search when logged in versus not, maybe some rates are just reserved for platinum or whatnot as I have seen some bonus rates with titles of "special rate for elite members."
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by Marriott15
Please move to correct forum if available. I couldn't find one that talked about this.

I have recently been really taking advantage of the 2k bonus point packages that Courtyard has been offering. I took the time to look at every single Marriott Property that I do business with for the company in the state that I live in and found some really good bonus points packages. I have found Courtyards from 2k-2,500 points. I have book three of them already and each time they don't post to my account. I have to email my ambassador every single time. Anyone doing these packages and if so are your bonus points posting?

Also in my state I found mostly 1k-3k Springhill's and Fairfield Inn and Suites. The highest one in my state is a 5k Fairfield Inn.
is this the same 2k points at the courtyard that you negotiated to get in your other thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-property.html

maybe in that case the hotels need to manually post them as it may not be a standard rate.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by myperks
is this the same 2k points at the courtyard that you negotiated to get in your other thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-property.html

maybe in that case the hotels need to manually post them as it may not be a standard rate.

Nope these are separate.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:30 am

Courtyard 2k Everyday Promo

Has anyone had any issue with the bonus points posting from this promotion?

I had a 4 night stay in October and the 2,000/day promo points (8,000) total haven’t posted.

I called Bonvoy this morning and they said it’s property issue, property said it’s Bonvoy.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by flyincoll

I had a 4 night stay in October and the 2,000/day promo points (8,000) total haven’t posted.

I called Bonvoy this morning and they said it’s property issue, property said it’s Bonvoy.
Seems to be an issue at lots of properties.

Maybe Lurkers can help get your missing points, but you'll probably have to ask for every one of your stays.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyincoll

Most of the time the 2k posts for me. If you have the time and do a little mock bookings a lot of Courtyards and Springhill's have 5k packages. But not in major cities.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:41 pm

My 2K everyday experience

I am making this post here because I was weary of using the 2K Everyday post based on comments I had read online.

I have been using the Courtyard 2k Everyday Rate every other week for the past few months. In my experience, it has only posted one time without me intervening. I often go to the same city and stay at the same Courtyard so often the next time I am there I will talk to the front desk and they will have the points corrected by the evening. You can also call the hotel or email Bonvoy through the app and they will get it squared away. Every method of communication for getting my points adjusted has worked flawlessly. Although, It’s frustrating that it requires me to constantly double check that Marriott did everything correctly.

I would think it would be an automatic issuing of the points with the base points but apparently it’s not and the issuing of bonus points requires human intervention.

Overall, it’s totally worth it to use the promotion. My company is cool with me getting the extra points, so the ethical dilemma that people pose when getting reimbursed for a higher rate is nonexistent. They know traveling is hard and they want me to be happy. I would typically stay at a slightly nicer hotel, and On average, I get about 1.75x the points when traveling using the 2K everyday rate. The courtyards have everything I need to get through my trip.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shawn L
I am making this post here because I was weary of using the 2K Everyday post based on comments I had read online.

I have been using the Courtyard 2k Everyday Rate every other week for the past few months. In my experience, it has only posted one time without me intervening. I often go to the same city and stay at the same Courtyard so often the next time I am there I will talk to the front desk and they will have the points corrected by the evening. You can also call the hotel or email Bonvoy through the app and they will get it squared away. Every method of communication for getting my points adjusted has worked flawlessly. Although, It’s frustrating that it requires me to constantly double check that Marriott did everything correctly.

I would think it would be an automatic issuing of the points with the base points but apparently it’s not and the issuing of bonus points requires human intervention.

Overall, it’s totally worth it to use the promotion. My company is cool with me getting the extra points, so the ethical dilemma that people pose when getting reimbursed for a higher rate is nonexistent. They know traveling is hard and they want me to be happy. I would typically stay at a slightly nicer hotel, and On average, I get about 1.75x the points when traveling using the 2K everyday rate. The courtyards have everything I need to get through my trip.

On your receipt does it say Escape Package or Room Charge?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Marriott15
On your receipt does it say Escape Package or Room Charge?
‘ROOM CHARGE’ always
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shawn L
‘ROOM CHARGE’ always

I have found some hotels will have it say Escape Package and Some Room Charge. I stay away from the ones that say Escape Package. I will always ask them upon check in to make sure my folio always says Room Charge instead of any package.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.