Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

How to identify each redeem points transaction?

How to identify each redeem points transaction?

Old Jan 24, 19, 1:08 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 579
How to identify each redeem points transaction?

Long Story short, I booked Melbourne Marriott in 12/27 using points, after check in I find out rate is low AUD 236 vs 35k Points, so I go to front desk ask them if they can change from a points stay to a paid rate stay, front desk said they can't do, so I just let as is. However in the next day during check out I find out it is a paid rate stay now, but I don't see any transaction for my 35K points credit back, Front desk told me wait few days but 1 month later still nothing happened, I want to dispute this, but on my transaction history there's no 35K points deduct for Melbourne Marriott and since I booked and cancelled a lot points stay, the Marriott website points transaction history it doesn't show you a lum sum points total after each transaction, the Marriott APP will show up the points deduct hotel name, but won't show up it's for which date reservation, so basically it's a mess up.

I called Marriott CSR they said I booked in Nov 1st, however points not deduct from my account (they said I select deduct later option?) I don't remember doing this but I don't have the reservation email so now I have no way to dispute all these. Any suggestions?

Many Thanks!

Just wondering How can I identify each redeem points transaction?



Marriott website will show something like this: and it doesn't show you a lum sum points total after each transaction,

11/01/2018

Rewards

Standard Redemption Rate

11/01/2018, Cancelled 0 Rewards

+0 Points

11/01/2018

Rewards

Standard Redemption Rate

11/01/2018, Cancelled 0 Rewards

+0 Points

10/30/2018

Rewards

Standard Redemption Rate

10/30/2018, Cancelled 0 Rewards

+0 Points

and the Marriott APP will show up the hotel name, but won't show up it's for which date reservation
ecgz88 is offline  
Old Jan 24, 19, 1:22 am
  #2  
Company Representative - Starwood
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Guangzhou
Programs: SPG
Posts: 1,021
Originally Posted by ecgz88 View Post
Long Story short, I booked Melbourne Marriott in 12/27 using points, after check in I find out rate is low AUD 236 vs 35k Points, so I go to front desk ask them if they can change from a points stay to a paid rate stay, front desk said they can't do, so I just let as is. However in the next day during check out I find out it is a paid rate stay now, but I don't see any transaction for my 35K points credit back, Front desk told me wait few days but 1 month later still nothing happened, I want to dispute this, but on my transaction history there's no 35K points deduct for Melbourne Marriott and since I booked and cancelled a lot points stay, the Marriott website points transaction history it doesn't show you a lum sum points total after each transaction, the Marriott APP will show up the points deduct hotel name, but won't show up it's for which date reservation, so basically it's a mess up.

I called Marriott CSR they said I booked in Nov 1st, however points not deduct from my account (they said I select deduct later option?) I don't remember doing this but I don't have the reservation email so now I have no way to dispute all these. Any suggestions?

Many Thanks!

Just wondering How can I identify each redeem points transaction?
Hi ecgz88,

We would like to help look into this if you could provide your reservation details to us via private mail here or by email below. If you send the informaiton via email, please include your Flyertalk user ID.

Best Regards,

Christina Zhou
Social Media Specialist
Marriott International

[email protected]
Starwood Lurker III is offline  
Old Jan 24, 19, 1:31 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto vicinity
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 13,448
The only way to make sure you donít lose out here is to keep a spreadsheet and document every transaction in and out of your account and keep a running total of your balance. Even then it wonít add up as it may be off by a few hundred points here and there with no corresponding activity, but not enough to get worried about. I just throw in a phantom adjustment. Iím anal about keeping records on spreadsheets and always did it with SPG even though every activity was properly identified in chronological order. Everything always added up, but it was just a habit for me.

Marriott gives me a headache with their lack of info on the Activities list. The only way to make any sense of it is to keep your own records!
Fizzer and ftrichard like this.
margarita girl is offline  
Old Feb 5, 19, 9:04 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 579
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
The only way to make sure you donít lose out here is to keep a spreadsheet and document every transaction in and out of your account and keep a running total of your balance. Even then it wonít add up as it may be off by a few hundred points here and there with no corresponding activity, but not enough to get worried about. I just throw in a phantom adjustment. Iím anal about keeping records on spreadsheets and always did it with SPG even though every activity was properly identified in chronological order. Everything always added up, but it was just a habit for me.

Marriott gives me a headache with their lack of info on the Activities list. The only way to make any sense of it is to keep your own records!
I reach out to the CSR posted above, Marriott IT is a mess just have no record at all how I originally book the reservation and how it been modified in hotel front desk, like I said their website don't show up the Lumsum points after each transaction and I don't have the transaction email, so in the end go to no where. Very disappointed.

I just use my account without enough points book a hotel for 2 nights 60K each, no confirmation email at all!
ecgz88 is offline  
Old Feb 5, 19, 9:26 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: YVR
Posts: 655
Originally Posted by ecgz88 View Post

I called Marriott CSR they said I booked in Nov 1st, however points not deduct from my account (they said I select deduct later option?) I don't remember doing this but I don't have the reservation email so now I have no way to dispute all these. Any suggestions?
Originally Posted by ecgz88 View Post
I just use my account without enough points book a hotel for 2 nights 60K each, no confirmation email at all!
I don't get confirmation emails if I use the points advance feature. I assume that's a "feature".
Once I get enough points and have the points deducted, that's when I receive the confirmation email.

So, since you don't have a reservation email, could it be you did in fact book it as a points advance booking?
pentiumvi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: