Bonvoy credit cards

Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
OK, I know the new Bonvoy name has been beaten to death on another thread. But didn't anybody else laugh out loud at "Bonvoy Brilliant" and "Bonvoy Boundless"?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:53 pm

Same old Marriott cr**.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
The design of the Standard Card is a joke. How old are we, 5?

As for the Brilliant: The current Luxury Card allows a full $300 credit vs the Brilliant requires it to be 3x $100 or do I misunderstand something.
The $100 credit for RC/StR stays is independent of the $300 Marriott credit.
EdV and skywalkerLAX like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by bhrubin

Yeah, if the “special rate” is more expensive than the regular Marriott member rate, it will be a joke. I often use AAA rates if my corporate rate isn’t available, and if those won’t qualify then it may be time to cancel this card.
My wife had the Ritz-Carlton card which had a similar discount and three club level upgrades per year. Since neither benefit was valid on corporate or promotional rates, we never took advantage of either one. The rate code for the new offer, Z34, provided by nexusCFX is the same as the old Ritz-Carlton one.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ehallison
OK, I know the new Bonvoy name has been beaten to death on another thread. But didn't anybody else laugh out loud at "Bonvoy Brilliant" and "Bonvoy Boundless"?
Wave of nausea is more like it.
skywalkerLAX, UA-NYC, KRSW and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by Kacee
Wave of nausea is more like it.
I know we have beaten it to death, but it was before "Bonvoy Boundless!" I feel like a kangaroo.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by ehallison
Well, not out loud. But I was amused by the alliterative branding.

However, I'm actually quite glad the Marriott Bonvoy credit cards won't use such overused credit card words as Executive, Gold, Elite, Premier, and Platinum.

The old name of the Chase card, Premier Plus, was ridiculous. It had nothing to do with Platinum Premier status, except to be cause confusion.

The old name of the high-end American Expreess card, Luxury, was just generic.

Last edited by Horace; Jan 25, 2019 at 10:57 am
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i have both the spg amex cards & the chase visa....was thinking of giving up the spg business amex....now with the rate increase i think i will & just hold on to the other 2....
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; Marriott Titanium
Just tried applying for the AMEX before the change and it said I may not eligible for the bonus because I already had the Chase card. Does anyone know if that is correct or if it is possible to get the bonus before the change?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Angry New Amex Cards

Bit of a rant: Just received an email from SPG/Marriott regarding my SPG Amex. Who thought Bonvoy was a good name and why couldn't we just keep SPG and the purple amex? This new name and card, well, it's just awful. I don't want this ugly a** card in my wallet. ugh I hate change.

Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Weekend Away
Bit of a rant: Just received an email from SPG/Marriott regarding my SPG Amex. Who thought Bonvoy was a good name and why couldn't we just keep SPG and the purple amex? This new name and card, well, it's just awful. I don't want this ugly a** card in my wallet. ugh I hate change.

Already being discussed in multiple threads on FT.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...y-card-us.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...dit-cards.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...er-thread.html
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
"Learn More" link in e-mail was broken (got 404 error multiple times over about an hour) and it doesn't show up on their (Amex's) list of cards yet.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Weekend Away
... Who thought Bonvoy was a good name and why couldn't we just keep SPG and the purple amex? ...
As discussed at length in other threads, the decision-makers at Marriott International decided Marriott Bonvoy would be a good name.

Amex and Chase are rebranding their cards because SPG, Marriott Rewards, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards will no longer exist as of February 13, 2019. The SPG logo and the purple background will no longer be part of Marriott's branding.

The background art of the Amex card is a bit puzzling. It doesn't reflect the colors or visual identity of Marriott Bonvoy.

I assume this new thread will be be merged into https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...t-cards-2.html
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Agree; that is really ugly!
KRSW likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
If MAR decide to re-launch a non-AMEX UK Marriott card with good point earning possibilities equivalent with the US card they can call it the Mega Bonga Bonvoy Card and have pink elephants and clowns on the card ... I would probably still get it ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.