Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott App Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Interestingly the Marriott website shows Titanium while the App shows PPE so I'm curious to see what status the Courtyard has me as today for benefits... perhaps a lowly Starriott Silver?
online appears to be right for me. Appears to be an app issue.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
hmm, mine shows PPE for this year and Lifetime Titanium (which is what it should be)... wonderful!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by blitzen
Me too PPE > Gold so the Club Lounge in the Sheraton I booked is now out of reach ..... no warning or so > will have to a) switch my spending to Hilton/IHG and b) transfer my points to an airline
Goodbye Marriott
Could the warning perhaps have been that you didn't earn enough nights for 2019 Plat and this is the general time of year for downgrades?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Could the warning perhaps have been that you didn't earn enough nights for 2019 Plat and this is the general time of year for downgrades?
There is no "general time of year for downgrades" but a very specific one and that ain't today
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
I don't think so. I earned Titanium last year and am LTT as well.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
The app still calls me a Tit and a LifeTit. And I still feel a little funny about both.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by blitzen
There is no "general time of year for downgrades" but a very specific one and that ain't today
So Marriott IT works like clockwork now? We have a solid understanding of how Bonvoy is working in its first year based on how the other programs ran previously? What date does the Tc&Cs designate as the very specific one?

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I don't think so. I earned Titanium last year and am LTT as well.
Like I think nearly everyone else here is it just in the app? I find it completely irrational that a member would trash their points and abandon Marriott over a single IT glitch (we've been through so many of them by now!) that's only impacting that app as far as anyone can tell (unless I missed something). Which is why I wondered if in that case the poster knew full well that they hadn't earned 2019 status and was now just throwing a tantrum. I gather that a lot of folks are sitting on unearned status right now and are hoping against hope that they'll somehow cling to it all throughout 2019. My own prediction is that they will be sorely disappointed, and the passage of Jan 31/Feb 28 dates were completely meaningless in 2019 since Marriott is not obligated to perform downgrades by any particular date and IT remains in total disarray after all these months. But having said that, today's fun seems to just be some sort of glitch versus an orchestrated campaign meant to achieve any particular objective.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL DM, UA 1K, MR PP
Dropped from AMB to TE, missed the cutoff by about $300 with 3-4 stays not posting dolars last year. I had emailed my Ambassador in December to correct the issue but got the runaround (basically points were adjusted / posted but dollars never moved). I thought I would have the last $300 either way but had to cancel a stay last minute between xmas and NY.

When the app updated to AMB for 2019 I assumed I was good, apparently not. Not sure it's even worth the time to try and sort this out, probably use the opportunity to try out some other programs.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Titanium (current) and Titanium (Lifetime) still showing for me in the app.

I had over 100 nights last year.

-RM
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Updated app just now. Freaked out: Titanium --> PPE now too. Web shows Titanium.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
I didn't stay much at Marriott last year, suppose to be gold... yet somehow platinum. I'll take it!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
The glitches never end. One after another like dominoes. Every person has a limit to their patience.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium
All this angst over an obvious IT glitch! Unfortunately Marriott’s crack IT team has been having its challenges. I am sure they are just as frustrated by their problems as we are. Allow me to remind those who have noticed their status change from Titanium to Platinum Premier Elite, both are different names for the same status level. You have not been downgraded to an inferior status. It appears this anomaly is in the mobile app and not on the website. Likewise for Ambassador registering as PPE, since Ambassador was a subset of PPE. For the gentleman who missed Ambasadorr by $300, a call to customer service might get you reinstated. Your success will probably depend on your past history with MR and/or SPG. For now, I’m going to just collect my two bottles of water and see what I can get for the $10 F&B credit at the Bistro.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Similar level-demotion discussion going on here:

qualification based on stays
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Someone at Marriott IT must have screwed up big time. How could this kind of glitches happen in the live system? Why aren't heads rolling?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.