Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Zurich Tower Hotel, Switzerland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Zurich Tower Hotel, Switzerland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: Kettle Class
Zurich West is IMO a fascinating neighborhood, but this hotel was the least impressive stay during my latest trip to Switzerland, which also involved stays at a Moxy and a Holiday Inn Express. The furnishings in my room were worn out, housekeeping did not do a good job of preparing/cleaning my room, and there are little annoying things that a manager could give more attention to in order to make things more comfortable for guests. For example, the Marriott app allows you to request a mobile key for this hotel, but then the hotel room also requires a physical key to turn on the power to the appliances in the room, which requires a back and forth with the front desk. Similarly, the hotel wi-fi does not use the standard room and last name login (even if the hotel's w-ifi portal page prompts you to do just that) and you again have to contact the front desk for a separate access code to be able to get wi-fi access. I'd love to spend more time exploring this part of Zurich, but I would not return to this property unless it was a spectacular deal.

FWIW, I'm a Marriott Gold, and booked direct.
JayeJ likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 3:36 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
I always pick the Sheraton down the road, rather than the Renaissance, unless there is a big price difference. Lots of small details I don't like about the Renaissance. The only advantage I find to it is that the walk to the Hardbrücke station is quicker. At the Sheraton, I take the tram...
Plus, I'm not sure if it's still the case but the Renaissance lounge used to be closed on weekends...
est-gratuite and progapanda like this.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Booked two nights here as a nice way to burn 35k certs

After reading the posts here, I'm second guessing my choice a bit. If I don't really care about the lounge and breakfast, is the property that bad?
​​​​​
Old Jul 15, 2023, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Booked two nights here as a nice way to burn 35k certs

After reading the posts here, I'm second guessing my choice a bit. If I don't really care about the lounge and breakfast, is the property that bad?
​​​​​
I have stayed there a few times; a fine hotel and close to the train station (not sure what folks are complaining about). Unless it very recently deteriorated... no concerns.
FlyingFrZ likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 5:13 am

Programs: FB Gold, SPG Plat
Stayed here a couple of times - found it generally ok.

However be warned - their front desk is terrible at reading the cancellation conditions for the reservations. They will try to deny refunds on any reservations that are prepaid even if the cancellation conditions allows refunds - for instance, most prepaid reservations allow refunds up to 1 day after the booking, and some rates have historically allowed even more flexible conditions. This seems to be a consistent issue with this hotel - I experienced it both in 2021 and just recently, and every time you need to jump through some hoops to get it sorted.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
1 night stay, upgraded to a Junior Suite as titanium. Good area close to light rail and train station; very good breakfast on the ground floor. I wasn’t a fan of the evening hour at the club lounge (compared to other hotels).

Overall pretty good value.

Old Mar 26, 2024, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
What's the verdict: Sheraton or Renaissance? Rates on Good Friday are reasonable and similar at both hotels. I called FD and was told lounge would be open on Friday (according to website, closed on Sundays). How does f&b compare? I know location is more convenient at the Ren (I have a mid morning flight to catch).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.