Former SPG Hotels Leaving Marriott

Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
Originally Posted by Antarius
Do you have a link/details on this? Am curious.
Lawsuit: $1 Million Stolen from Starwood in Scam by Le Parker Méridien Hotels? | The Gate
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Antarius
Do you have a link/details on this? Am curious.
Le Scam
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt / SPG
Wait... this happened in 2013? why didn’t Starwood kick the property out the SPG program then?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Star_Guy

Wait... this happened in 2013? why didn’t Starwood kick the property out the SPG program then?
Litigation? A contract? Who knows exactly.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by christianj
Litigation? A contract? Who knows exactly.
Yes there was a nonpublic resolution. SPG was seeking to terminate the management agreement in the lawsuit. During the course of which the properties effectively acknowledged liability by wiring SPG over $1M (which SPG rejected). Update on Lawsuit (Loyalty Lobby)
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: Marriott LTS
Sorry but Marriott is the reason we lost Parker NYC and Palm Springs. These were two great properties. Thanks Marriott! Ughh

Here is proof, directly from the hotel owners—> "Le Meridien was a wonderful partner, but now that it is part of a much larger organization, it no longer aligns with who we are and we want to be."

https://insiders.marriottrewards.com...comment-233502
Yeah of course the owners who committed fraud said this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
Thanks. Unbelievable.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't really care why, but glad to know the status of these hotels, whether it keeps me away, or guides me towards, booking with them.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Sorry but Marriott is the reason we lost Parker NYC and Palm Springs. These were two great properties. Thanks Marriott! Ughh

Here is proof, directly from the hotel owners—> "Le Meridien was a wonderful partner, but now that it is part of a much larger organization, it no longer aligns with who we are and we want to be."

https://insiders.marriottrewards.com...comment-233502
This reason doesn't have anything definitively to do with MARRIOTT, rather they don't want to be part of a lagre chain. Same would apply with Hilton, etc.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:12 pm

Hmm, is W Maldives also leaving Marriott as well? I don’t see any availability even for cash bookings after first week of October 2019? Thanks
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by atacris
Hmm, is W Maldives also leaving Marriott as well? I don’t see any availability even for cash bookings after first week of October 2019? Thanks
Likely holding out until the award rates are increased in March? Some high-end properties are known to play games with availability. Or maybe they just haven't loaded rates for that timeframe yet.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:21 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's not just a matter of the total number of properties in the program, but rather how many hotels there are in which I want to stay. I hate the idea of some bunch of Fairfields or Courtyards replacing Des Indes or Furstenhof or a StR. For me, this is the issue. Most of Starriotts 6700 hotels are ones where I hope I never have to stay.
What difference do those Fairfields make? It's not like you make a booking on Marriott.com and get randomly assigned to one of their properties.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by C17PSGR

In some cases, Marriott pushes hotels to get up to standards and some choose to leave.
Yes, please. More, please. If they won't invest and train to brand standards please be gone. Starwood didn't have enough surplus properties or the geographic coverage to use the hammer.

There are plenty of nice pre-merger Marriott properties. JW Marriott Hong Kong vs. Le Meridien Cyberport or Sheraton Hong Hong? Please - all day, every day.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Yes, please. More, please. If they won't invest and train to brand standards please be gone. Starwood didn't have enough surplus properties or the geographic coverage to use the hammer.

There are plenty of nice pre-merger Marriott properties. JW Marriott Hong Kong vs. Le Meridien Cyberport or Sheraton Hong Hong? Please - all day, every day.
Is there any evidence that Marriott has any training standards in terms of customer service?
remymartin likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Nuhusky
I don’t think you can blame Marriott for this. Some of these hotels would have left spg irregardless of Marriott. You can always jump ship to Hyatt or Hilton if they are better for you
Some legacy SPG properties had contracts that prohibited the opening of an equal hotel within X number of miles. Apparently, this was a huge complaint and issue, according to two general managers.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.