FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   2019 Status Reset (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1952000-2019-status-reset.html)

Olbrix Jan 20, 19 3:05 am

2019 Status Reset

Hi everyone,

I'm currently still Platinum but did not meet any elite night requirements in 2018 due to Hilton stays only. Now I'm planning a holiday stay beginning of Feb where Marriott Platinum would really help me in terms of upgrade, lounge access. Any guesses how the chances are that I will still be Platinum by then? I remember that in either Marriott or SPG you would only be downgraded end of Feb. Also there used to be practices about soft landing and being downgraded to gold. Lastly with Bonvoy coming into effect mid Feb, is there any hint how that affects status updates?

Thanks

nexusCFX Jan 20, 19 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Olbrix (Post 30677338)
Hi everyone,

I'm currently still Platinum but did not meet any elite night requirements in 2018 due to Hilton stays only. Now I'm planning a holiday stay beginning of Feb where Marriott Platinum would really help me in terms of upgrade, lounge access. Any guesses how the chances are that I will still be Platinum by then? I remember that in either Marriott or SPG you would only be downgraded end of Feb. Also there used to be practices about soft landing and being downgraded to gold. Lastly with Bonvoy coming into effect mid Feb, is there any hint how that affects status updates?

Thanks

Reps and the lurkers are saying the date is now Jan 31, but it's hard to say how much faith can be put in that. I would plan for the worst though.

Antarius Jan 20, 19 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX (Post 30678717)
Reps and the lurkers are saying the date is now Jan 31, but it's hard to say how much faith can be put in that. I would plan for the worst though.

The MR app for me says my PP + Ambassador ends 01/31/2020. So I think the jan 31 date is what it is going to be.

naumank Jan 20, 19 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius (Post 30679039)
The MR app for me says my PP + Ambassador ends 01/31/2020. So I think the jan 31 date is what it is going to be.

Where do you see the expiration date in the MR app? I have been trying to find the exp date of my current status (PP) but I can't find it anywhere in the MR app or in iPhone Wallet.

Antarius Jan 20, 19 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by naumank (Post 30679682)
Where do you see the expiration date in the MR app? I have been trying to find the exp date of my current status (PP) but I can't find it anywhere in the MR app or in iPhone Wallet.

I'm seeing it under the My account page.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...23e6f0eda9.jpg

nexusCFX Jan 20, 19 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by naumank (Post 30679682)

It only shows for those with Ambassador status.

Antarius Jan 20, 19 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX (Post 30679835)

makes sense.

well, your post does. The decision to not display it doesnt.

myperks Jan 20, 19 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX (Post 30679835)

it only shows for those with ambassador service that expires in 2020...

mahasamatman Jan 20, 19 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Olbrix (Post 30677338)
Any guesses how the chances are that I will still be Platinum by then?

I would say you have zero chance. You may get lucky, but definitely don't count on it.

drmish1 Feb 8, 19 12:52 pm

Status year

hi

can anyone please advise what dates the Marriott status year runs from - to ?

ie if one is status X now (Feb 19), when would that status be retained until? (If not increasing status during this year)

thanks

puchong Feb 8, 19 12:55 pm

Status year is the calendar year

CPRich Feb 8, 19 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by puchong (Post 30754947)
Status year is the calendar year

Pretty sure that's not correct unless something has very recently changed. Status has historically expired at the end of February.

Originally Posted by drmish1 (Post 30754930)
ie if one is status X now (Feb ‘19), when would that status be retained until? (If not increasing status during this year)

When did you earn it? Based on past history:

If you earned status with stays/nights in 2017, but none in 2018, your current status will expire in a few weeks.
If you earned status with stays/nights/spend in 2018, it will expire at the end of February, 2020
If you're already earned status with nights/spend in 2019, it will expire at the end of February, 2021

Or has everything changed?

broncophil Sep 23, 19 10:07 pm

what month does Bonvoy Status "reset"

currently, my app says plat elite. but have been putting my in a bunch hyatt stays this year.

planning mid feb 2020 trip to NYC and wanted to stay at the edition.

will i still be plat? thanks

MSPeconomist Sep 23, 19 10:11 pm

The earning period is based on the calendar year.

IIRC the new status (downgrade) would begin on February 1, where your status showing at check in determines at least on property elite benefits for your stay, with this having been moved up from March 1.

broncophil Sep 23, 19 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31556597)
The earning period is based on the calendar year.

IIRC the new status (downgrade) would begin on February 1, where your status showing at check in determines at least on property elite benefits for your stay, with this having been moved up from March 1.

thanks for the quick reply, so im SOL if it has been indeed moved up to feb 1