Resorts: Platinum benefits?

Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Resorts: Platinum benefits?

Hi guys. Question on what benefits do you get at a minimum when staying at resorts as a platinum elite? “Marriott” branded resort. I know it’s YMMV but is there *anything* that you should get? Bonus points when you check in ? $10 voucher etc? Staying on Associate rate (party on my Rez is eligible) if that matters. I know you don’t earn stay points etc on this rate but when I’ve stayed w an associate before and my name is on the Rez we would get upgraded and get benefits (not at resorts). Anyway wondering if at a minimum I was supposed to get any recognition at Check-in. And if I was I got zero recognition. Thank you.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Hi guys. Question on what benefits do you get at a minimum when staying at resorts as a platinum elite? “Marriott” branded resort. I know it’s YMMV but is there *anything* that you should get? Bonus points when you check in ? $10 voucher etc? Staying on Associate rate (party on my Rez is eligible) if that matters. I know you don’t earn stay points etc on this rate but when I’ve stayed w an associate before and my name is on the Rez we would get upgraded and get benefits (not at resorts). Anyway wondering if at a minimum I was supposed to get any recognition at Check-in. And if I was I got zero recognition. Thank you.
I do believe the associate rate is not entitled to any benefits whatsoever. Properties are allowed to go above and beyond minimums, if they so choose. It sounds like you got bad FDC that didn't want to make the gesture.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.