Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[How to find] My Marriott Bonvoy Status Expiry date ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[How to find] My Marriott Bonvoy Status Expiry date ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Still showing as having an Ambassador through Jan 2020 (not even close on spend last year)...amusing
Same here and I will not be shocked if it's ultimately rescinded. Having said that, I also will not be surprised if spend isn't enforced until 2019 going forward.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by myperks

amusing is an understatement as they have me at ambassador until 2050. Expect to be kicked out soon.
Marriott IT is working hard this weekend. Sometime since I posted the above, I got kicked out of Ambassador into the newly made up status they call Titanium (rightfully since I didn’t come close to the spend)
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Red259
my understanding is that others have gotten treated as what their status was at the time they made their actual reservation.
That would be a major flaw. If you booked as a Gold and you qualified for Platinum, would you be happy to be treated as a Gold? You can't have it both ways. You should get the benefits of the status you have at the time of checkin.
EdV likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
That would be a major flaw. If you booked as a Gold and you qualified for Platinum, would you be happy to be treated as a Gold? You can't have it both ways. You should get the benefits of the status you have at the time of checkin.
I'm simply stating what people have posted as their experience. Also, if someone makes nonrefundable bookings when they were plat and then their status was reduced to gold after the booking and after they had paid for the room I think there is an argument that can be made that its not unreasonable for marriott to honor the status at the time of booking because honestly how many bookings are going to meet that specific criteria in the grand scheme of things. If someone is plat at the time of checkin and their reservation is showing as gold I'm sure they can have marriott correct that.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Lifetime years

Has anybody had their lifetime years post from 2018?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
None posted for me yet. However my current status have not been reset yet, i.e. no renew milestones on the app
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:34 am

My 5 reservations are later this month and in April. I will definitely report back.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Yes, it is yet another flaw in the system. Marriott IT does not go through their system and update reservations as status changes happen. Any modifications will trigger a refresh or the property can request it. It does work both ways, so anyone booking when at a lower status should request their rez be refreshed before their stay to ensure proper benefits are delivered, of course presuming delivery is intended to begin with.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I just got demoted to Gold Elite @ Bonvoy (I'm Gold lifetime anyway). I qualified for SPG platinum last year and thought we were grandfathered to platinum for a year?

Also curious, very few of my stays are showing up in the mariott app - I have probably 10-12 nights this year and still show 3 - tracking seems broken. Not sure if others are seeing this?

P
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by petvan
I just got demoted to Gold Elite @ Bonvoy (I'm Gold lifetime anyway). I qualified for SPG platinum last year and thought we were grandfathered to platinum for a year?

Also curious, very few of my stays are showing up in the mariott app - I have probably 10-12 nights this year and still show 3 - tracking seems broken. Not sure if others are seeing this?

P
Do you see any renew/qualifying milestones on the app? Like .... "qualify for platinum by staying x additional nights"...
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum Plus
lots of platinum were pushed to gold on March 3rd who had the Ritz Credit Card... status updated yesterday for everyone (per CS)... so check today and that is what you will be in 2019.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Ugleeual
lots of platinum were pushed to gold on March 3rd who had the Ritz Credit Card... status updated yesterday for everyone (per CS)... so check today and that is what you will be in 2019.
Sure about they have finished status updates for everyone? Quite anxious to see because I have one stay coming up tomorrow. But if so, I'll just be lucky to maintain Titanium for another year lol
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lovemc
Sure about they have finished status updates for everyone? Quite anxious to see because I have one stay coming up tomorrow. But if so, I'll just be lucky to maintain Titanium for another year lol
With Marriott’s antiquated IT system and their incompetent IT team, you can never know. I simply don’t understand why they need to run different scripts to update people’s statuses. And why do they have to wait until a weekend to do it? Everybody’s status on UA, for example, gets updated over night on Feb 28, year after year. Why can’t Marriott do the same?

Besides, Marriott used to send out email or snail mail to inform you of your new status before Feb 28. This year, there has been no communication.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by X-ON
Do you see any renew/qualifying milestones on the app? Like .... "qualify for platinum by staying x additional nights"...
I recall in Jan seeing something like 15 more nights to re-qualify for Platinum - maybe that was a stay 15 nights in Jan/Feb and keep your status? Honestly if that was the case I might have just paid 95 bucks and got a card with 15 nights or similar, but had no clue.

I thought the language was I was grandfathered for year based on being SPG plat coming in.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
Originally Posted by petvan
I thought the language was I was grandfathered for year based on being SPG plat coming in.
Same boat. Called customer service and was told to ‘wait and see what happens’.

Have a stay this weekend and would be extremely pissed if I only got Gold benefits and earning ratio

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.