Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[How to find] My Marriott Bonvoy Status Expiry date ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[How to find] My Marriott Bonvoy Status Expiry date ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by marlin
Same boat as Micahel but sadly, I was downgraded today (Sunday, March 3) from Platinum to Gold. I have 5 reservations coming up so it will be interesting to
see what category the hotels see me as.
When are your reservations going to occur? I'm very interested to see the outcome of this, since it seems that as long as you don't change the reservations the status at the point you made the reservation is what shows in their system. I have three different marriott reservations upcoming and the reason I went with marriott was because of my current status. If I'm not going to get the benefits then I'm going to consider cancelling, since I dropped from plat to gold and can find rooms for better values at other properties.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by blanka
Same here, downgraded today, Plat to Gold

2 upcoming reservations next week. Wondering the same.
Please be sure to report back on which status level they show when you checkin.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Red259
Heard from where? Seems like someone is constantly hearing such things.
Heard from a liaison at Marriott, looks like they were right and downgrade wave has gone through today
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Red259
When are your reservations going to occur? I'm very interested to see the outcome of this, since it seems that as long as you don't change the reservations the status at the point you made the reservation is what shows in their system.
I'm in the same boat. Just dropped plat to gold and have an upcoming stay in the summer that I'm considering cancelling as well.
When I check the reservation though, my status on the sidebar now shows gold. However, my email confirmation shows plat. Is this just now starting to correct all pre-existing reservations?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by joppiesaus
I'm in the same boat. Just dropped plat to gold and have an upcoming stay in the summer that I'm considering cancelling as well.
When I check the reservation though, my status on the sidebar now shows gold. However, my email confirmation shows plat. Is this just now starting to correct all pre-existing reservations?
I have not experienced it, but my understanding is that others have gotten treated as what their status was at the time they made their actual reservation. However, if they modified their reservation at any point after their status dropped then the lower level status showed on their reservations. Hopefully others can chime in to confirm how often this is the case.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:28 pm

Was Plat Premier last year but only re-qualified for Platinum (55 nights). Wasn't demoted until today. Sad!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by musicscrip

Some people who got the plat from Chase Ritz last year are downgraded to GOLD today. We did the plat challenge June 2018 and ours is still titanium.
You qualified for old plat/new titanium in June 2018 so you get the status for the rest of 2018 and all of 2019. It will go down early next year if you don’t requalify this year.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC

Some people who got the plat from Chase Ritz last year are downgraded to GOLD today. We did the plat challenge June 2018 and ours is still titanium.
Shouldn’t your status last until Feb 2020?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:57 pm

Another one bites the dust

So I was Plat this morning and became Gold this afternoon. Darn. :-)
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Still showing as having an Ambassador through Jan 2020 (not even close on spend last year)...amusing
amusing is an understatement as they have me at ambassador until 2050. Expect to be kicked out soon.

cruisr and UA-NYC like this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by potm

You qualified for old plat/new titanium in June 2018 so you get the status for the rest of 2018 and all of 2019. It will go down early next year if you don’t requalify this year.
Great to know. Thanks!

Does anyone know if we don’t requalify for 75 nights or even 50 nights, do we get downgraded to platinum or to gold if we are titanium until Feb 2020?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Nazdoom
Was Plat Premier last year but only re-qualified for Platinum (55 nights). Wasn't demoted until today. Sad!
My situation is the same as yours, but my status's not updated yet. Wonder do you have United silver matched from Marriott this year though? Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I was demoted... Now a Marriott Gold... Good riddance!!! I have MAJOR issues with the direction the once great Starwood Preffered Guest Program has devolved into under this current “leadership” and their own agenda.... Onto HYATT!!!!

AB
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC

Great to know. Thanks!

Does anyone know if we don’t requalify for 75 nights or even 50 nights, do we get downgraded to platinum or to gold if we are titanium until Feb 2020?
I read somewhere that they typically give you a soft landing by downloading you one level. So you will likely be at least Plan next year.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by philemer
Expected DW's status to disappear today but no, it hasn't changed. Given their poor IT dept. it may take a few days.
She dropped to GOLD this afternoon. No surprise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.