Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

When will my Marriott Rewards (now Bonvoy) Status Expire?

When will my Marriott Rewards (now Bonvoy) Status Expire?

Reply

Old Feb 25, 19, 2:42 pm
  #31  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Programs: UA Premier Silver, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Posts: 1,055
How can i check the expiration date of my elite status tier?

Trying to see how to do this either on the new Bonvoy App, or online.

It looks like Marriott extended my Titanium status for another year, but I just want to verify this
caseminole is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 19, 5:30 pm
  #32  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Posts: 1,930
When will my hotel status change

There is a lot of conflicting information out there, but I am trying to get a definitive answer. Pre-merger I was marriott gold based on past stays/challenges not credit card status. When the merger occurred I was raised back up to plat elite. When does this status expire? I have travel in April and October. My account currently reflects plat elite. One person says status expires in February 2019, another says March 1st and yet another says February 2020. Anyone know the answer because if I am dropping down to gold status then I need to reconsider what hotels I will use in April. Also, is there still the Marriott plat status match to United Silver post merger?
Red259 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 19, 5:49 pm
  #33  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SFO
Posts: 2,172
Originally Posted by Red259 View Post
There is a lot of conflicting information out there, but I am trying to get a definitive answer. Pre-merger I was marriott gold based on past stays/challenges not credit card status. When the merger occurred I was raised back up to plat elite. When does this status expire? I have travel in April and October. My account currently reflects plat elite. One person says status expires in February 2019, another says March 1st and yet another says February 2020. Anyone know the answer because if I am dropping down to gold status then I need to reconsider what hotels I will use in April. Also, is there still the Marriott plat status match to United Silver post merger?
more likely then not March 1 is the status change date. If it doesnít change there will an exploding thread on how it dilutes the platinum pool. Same if it does change with pitchforks yelling allegiance changed to Hilton. Please reconsider a different chain.
myperks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 19, 5:59 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Marin County
Programs: None - previously UA
Posts: 2,570
Originally Posted by Red259 View Post
There is a lot of conflicting information out there, but I am trying to get a definitive answer. Pre-merger I was marriott gold based on past stays/challenges not credit card status. When the merger occurred I was raised back up to plat elite. When does this status expire? I have travel in April and October. My account currently reflects plat elite. One person says status expires in February 2019, another says March 1st and yet another says February 2020. Anyone know the answer because if I am dropping down to gold status then I need to reconsider what hotels I will use in April. Also, is there still the Marriott plat status match to United Silver post merger?
When did you complete the challenge and when was the status supposed to expire per terms of challenge?
MSPeconomist likes this.
escapefromphl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 19, 11:58 pm
  #35  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Posts: 1,930
Originally Posted by escapefromphl View Post
When did you complete the challenge and when was the status supposed to expire per terms of challenge?
I did the challenge several years ago for plat and then had a soft landing to gold. If my status drops down will I lose the status benefits on bookings I have already made?
Red259 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 19, 1:16 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 105
Originally Posted by Red259 View Post
I did the challenge several years ago for plat and then had a soft landing to gold. If my status drops down will I lose the status benefits on bookings I have already made?
Yes, it depends on your status at the time of the stay, not the time of booking.
If you didnít meet the requirements for platinum last year, your status should go down in the next month some time.
potm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 19, 2:53 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: zurich
Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
Posts: 361
I finished the Marriott Platinum challenge in July. 2018
I have a confirmation e-mail from CS for the challenge, where it is written that status will be valid until 02/2020.

Marriott Platinum became Platinum Premier / Titanium. So I expect to be Titanium until 02/2020.
northernstar84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 19, 8:03 am
  #38  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Florida
Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Posts: 11,309
Originally Posted by Red259 View Post
I did the challenge several years ago for plat and then had a soft landing to gold. If my status drops down will I lose the status benefits on bookings I have already made?
Many have reported status shown at check in being the same as when booked. IF there have been no changes to the reservation AND the property failed to refresh your booking, there is a good chance they will pony up benefits for your previous status. This can also work in reverse, in that if you bumped up in status they may not know it unless you do something to cause a refresh.

As for when your status will change, did you at least earn Gold/Plat during 2018? If so, your status should be good through Jan 2020. If you soft landed to Gold and have had no nights in 2018, then you should have dropped by the end of January this year. If you're still showing as Plat, it's fair to assume your status is at least good till Jan 2020. Now Marriott has been going through a lot of changes so they may still be in catch-up mode and run their new-year sweep at any time. I suggest hold tight and keep checking your account.
RogerD408 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 19, 10:32 pm
  #39  
xar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Posts: 195
Originally Posted by RogerD408 View Post
The program year is Jan 1 - Dec 31, the status year runs until the end of January, So the earliest you should see a drop, if it happens, will be the beginning of February. I do believe Marriott still does the soft landings, so only one tier down a year if you have no qualifying status.
For "Soft Landings" does it mean the following if a member fails to re-qualify based on their current status?
  • Ambassador Elite drops to Titanium Elite
  • Titanium Elite drops to Platinum Elite
  • Platinum Elite drops to Gold Elite
  • Gold Elite drops to Silver Elite
  • Silver Elite drops to Normal Member
Thanks.
xar is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 19, 10:53 pm
  #40  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Posts: 1,930
Originally Posted by xar View Post
For "Soft Landings" does it mean the following if a member fails to re-qualify based on their current status?
  • Ambassador Elite drops to Titanium Elite
  • Titanium Elite drops to Platinum Elite
  • Platinum Elite drops to Gold Elite
  • Gold Elite drops to Silver Elite
  • Silver Elite drops to Normal Member
Thanks.
Well it used to work that way but with all those new categories nobody can tell you what they will do in terms of future soft landings, unless some people have already started experiencing it.
Red259 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 19, 12:31 am
  #41  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PEK & MKE
Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Posts: 1,160
Originally Posted by northernstar84 View Post

Marriott Platinum became Platinum Premier / Titanium. So I expect to be Titanium until 02/2020 .
+2 on Titanium till 2020

Last edited by Jiatong; Feb 27, 19 at 12:31 am Reason: splng
Jiatong is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 19, 1:04 am
  #42  
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by xar View Post
For "Soft Landings" does it mean the following if a member fails to re-qualify based on their current status?
  • Ambassador Elite drops to Titanium Elite
  • Titanium Elite drops to Platinum Elite
  • Platinum Elite drops to Gold Elite
  • Gold Elite drops to Silver Elite
  • Silver Elite drops to Normal Member
Thanks.
Yes, according the information we received.
Antarius, hammerrm and xar like this.

Last edited by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker III; Feb 27, 19 at 1:22 am
Marriott Bonvoy Lurker III is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 19, 1:47 am
  #43  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SFO
Posts: 2,172
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker III View Post
Yes, according the information we received.
not sure if Iím happy or sad about this soft landing thing. So much for thining out the herd... those 2018 ambassadors and titaniums that have vowed to leave Marriott will say, ďIím backkkkk.Ē
myperks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 19, 8:52 am
  #44  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: WAW/BHX
Programs: SQ(*G), A3(*G), LH(*S), SK, BA; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Posts: 1,532
This soft landing news is encouraging if it's true. I'm currently Titanium Elite (Plat Premier status in Marriott through 2018) and am trying to get Platinum status for 2019 recognised for having 25 SPG stays in 2018.

If soft landings are a thing, then even if Marriott fail to give me due recognition for my SPG stays I would still have Platinum elite anyway.
yurtripper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 19, 9:32 am
  #45  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 3,895
Originally Posted by myperks View Post


not sure if Iím happy or sad about this soft landing thing. So much for thining out the herd... those 2018 ambassadors and titaniums that have vowed to leave Marriott will say, ďIím backkkkk.Ē
The herd is so big that soft landings won't make a noticeable difference.
JetAway is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread