Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[How to find] My Marriott Bonvoy Status Expiry date ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[How to find] My Marriott Bonvoy Status Expiry date ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
How can i check the expiration date of my elite status tier?

Trying to see how to do this either on the new Bonvoy App, or online.

It looks like Marriott extended my Titanium status for another year, but I just want to verify this
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
When will my hotel status change

There is a lot of conflicting information out there, but I am trying to get a definitive answer. Pre-merger I was marriott gold based on past stays/challenges not credit card status. When the merger occurred I was raised back up to plat elite. When does this status expire? I have travel in April and October. My account currently reflects plat elite. One person says status expires in February 2019, another says March 1st and yet another says February 2020. Anyone know the answer because if I am dropping down to gold status then I need to reconsider what hotels I will use in April. Also, is there still the Marriott plat status match to United Silver post merger?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
There is a lot of conflicting information out there, but I am trying to get a definitive answer. Pre-merger I was marriott gold based on past stays/challenges not credit card status. When the merger occurred I was raised back up to plat elite. When does this status expire? I have travel in April and October. My account currently reflects plat elite. One person says status expires in February 2019, another says March 1st and yet another says February 2020. Anyone know the answer because if I am dropping down to gold status then I need to reconsider what hotels I will use in April. Also, is there still the Marriott plat status match to United Silver post merger?
more likely then not March 1 is the status change date. If it doesn’t change there will an exploding thread on how it dilutes the platinum pool. Same if it does change with pitchforks yelling allegiance changed to Hilton. Please reconsider a different chain.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
When did you complete the challenge and when was the status supposed to expire per terms of challenge?
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
When did you complete the challenge and when was the status supposed to expire per terms of challenge?
I did the challenge several years ago for plat and then had a soft landing to gold. If my status drops down will I lose the status benefits on bookings I have already made?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:16 am

I did the challenge several years ago for plat and then had a soft landing to gold. If my status drops down will I lose the status benefits on bookings I have already made?
Yes, it depends on your status at the time of the stay, not the time of booking.
If you didn’t meet the requirements for platinum last year, your status should go down in the next month some time.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
I finished the Marriott Platinum challenge in July. 2018
I have a confirmation e-mail from CS for the challenge, where it is written that status will be valid until 02/2020.

Marriott Platinum became Platinum Premier / Titanium. So I expect to be Titanium until 02/2020.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Many have reported status shown at check in being the same as when booked. IF there have been no changes to the reservation AND the property failed to refresh your booking, there is a good chance they will pony up benefits for your previous status. This can also work in reverse, in that if you bumped up in status they may not know it unless you do something to cause a refresh.

As for when your status will change, did you at least earn Gold/Plat during 2018? If so, your status should be good through Jan 2020. If you soft landed to Gold and have had no nights in 2018, then you should have dropped by the end of January this year. If you're still showing as Plat, it's fair to assume your status is at least good till Jan 2020. Now Marriott has been going through a lot of changes so they may still be in catch-up mode and run their new-year sweep at any time. I suggest hold tight and keep checking your account.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:32 pm
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by RogerD408
The program year is Jan 1 - Dec 31, the status year runs until the end of January, So the earliest you should see a drop, if it happens, will be the beginning of February. I do believe Marriott still does the soft landings, so only one tier down a year if you have no qualifying status.
For "Soft Landings" does it mean the following if a member fails to re-qualify based on their current status?
  • Ambassador Elite drops to Titanium Elite
  • Titanium Elite drops to Platinum Elite
  • Platinum Elite drops to Gold Elite
  • Gold Elite drops to Silver Elite
  • Silver Elite drops to Normal Member
Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by xar
For "Soft Landings" does it mean the following if a member fails to re-qualify based on their current status?
Thanks.
Well it used to work that way but with all those new categories nobody can tell you what they will do in terms of future soft landings, unless some people have already started experiencing it.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:31 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Originally Posted by northernstar84

Marriott Platinum became Platinum Premier / Titanium. So I expect to be Titanium until 02/2020 .
+2 on Titanium till 2020

Last edited by Jiatong; Feb 27, 2019 at 12:31 am Reason: splng
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:04 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by xar
Thanks.
Yes, according the information we received.
Antarius, hammerrm and xar like this.

Last edited by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker III; Feb 27, 2019 at 1:22 am
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker III
Yes, according the information we received.
not sure if I’m happy or sad about this soft landing thing. So much for thining out the herd... those 2018 ambassadors and titaniums that have vowed to leave Marriott will say, “I’m backkkkk.”
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
This soft landing news is encouraging if it's true. I'm currently Titanium Elite (Plat Premier status in Marriott through 2018) and am trying to get Platinum status for 2019 recognised for having 25 SPG stays in 2018.

If soft landings are a thing, then even if Marriott fail to give me due recognition for my SPG stays I would still have Platinum elite anyway.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by myperks

not sure if I’m happy or sad about this soft landing thing. So much for thining out the herd... those 2018 ambassadors and titaniums that have vowed to leave Marriott will say, “I’m backkkkk.”
The herd is so big that soft landings won't make a noticeable difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.