Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Year-to-date spend tracker for Ambassador qualification

FAQ : Year-to-date spend tracker for Ambassador qualification

Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by mjack99
Indeed, not mine either...just fighting with them on one of these right now. Still, rooms I paid for, for a colleague that has not Bonvoy account, I know I can get credited with some effort. I am still wondering though, if rooms I have paid for, for a colleague that does have a Bonvoy account are counted in the $20K (what a complex sentence construction).
If they are both under your account, then you get credit.

If one room is under your account and the other under your colleagues account, then you each get credit for your room and it doesn't matter who paid.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
That clears it up. Thanks, C17PSGR.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
That clears it up. Thanks, C17PSGR.
Moral of the story ... travel with two friends who don't have Bonvoy accounts
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Kacee
This is not my experience. I am consistently under credited by hundreds of dollars per stay. Specifically, restaurant and spa spend is not credited at Asia properties, either for base points calculation or towards the $20k. I've probably been shorted over $2k this year already.
I seem to have the same problem. A lot of Bonvoy hotels in Asia seem to struggle with posting and I'm not sure why (is it a language barrier due to the system?) - every stay I've had across Europe and the Middle East has posted correctly this year whereas I've had to call multiple times already to get incorrect postings in terms of either points or even just number of nights adjusted for hotels in Asia.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Personally I have this problem everywhere and not just in Asia. Fighting about one in London right at the moment. Unless you check out manually and check the bill before you leave (which I don't...I just leave), then you have no idea if it will be added correctly.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:02 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Kacee
Base room rate only, excluding taxes and fees. It's going to be way less than actual spend.
sad day...
Old Jun 24, 2019, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Or - opt out and go elsewhere for better benefits w/o such punitive and short-sighted restrictions
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Crisphoarder
sad day...
Unfortunately, I can't see my spend tracker since (a) it isn't on the website and (b) it doesn't work on the Android app for those who were ambassador last year.

That being said, because of comments on FT by those worried about credits, I set up a spreadsheet for this year. And, while I haven't been to Asia this year, I have had several trips to Europe and South America, as well as in North America. With 70 actual nights YTD -- probably 50+ stays, I haven't seen anything material that I haven't earned points on. Other than maybe a coffee or two in a Starbucks in the lobby, I've received points for all F&B, spa, or incidental spend so I'm assuming that will all be in the spend tracker when it does show. I've also received points on parking at a couple of properties (although I usually don't park), and some properties are giving points all F&B, without subtracting tips. That's with a mix ranging from legacy Marriott full service properties as well as RCs, LCs, Sheratons, Ws, CYs, FIs, RIs, and even a Four Points.

But ... I can't speak to legacy SPG properties in APAC but note that there are a couple of reports on FT that they aren't crediting properly. All my stays last year at legacy Marriott properties in APAC were credited with all spend, not just base room.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Competition to lowest spend to 100 nights...

Well, I started here in February:

Got to here in late March:
Originally Posted by DELee
Now, at the end of June, I've spent a bit more but still on track to not ever never qualify for Ambassador in 2019:
If anyone else is shooting for el low waterline spend, please post!

David

p.s. One question for the FT women: does the graphic in your "Ambassador Elite Service" come up also as someone with a tie?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
So - am I the only one who wasn't aware that booking multiple rooms gets you only elite night credits for 1 guest, but does count all the dollars you spend across rooms...?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 6:02 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Personally I have this problem everywhere and not just in Asia. Fighting about one in London right at the moment. Unless you check out manually and check the bill before you leave (which I don't...I just leave), then you have no idea if it will be added correctly.
How does checking the bill help you ensure points will post correctly?
Antarius likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
How does checking the bill help you ensure points will post correctly?
It certainly doesn't help me
EuropeanPete and Antarius like this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by DELee
David

p.s. One question for the FT women: does the graphic in your "Ambassador Elite Service" come up also as someone with a tie?
Yes
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
delete

Last edited by margarita girl; Jun 29, 2019 at 6:20 am
Old Jun 29, 2019, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
So - am I the only one who wasn't aware that booking multiple rooms gets you only elite night credits for 1 guest, but does count all the dollars you spend across rooms...?
Probably. Its pretty clearly stated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.