Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Year-to-date spend tracker for Ambassador qualification

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : Year-to-date spend tracker for Ambassador qualification

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:59 am

(deleted, didn’t notice were talking about the android app)
Old Apr 23, 2019, 4:07 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GMoneyCO
I can't see it anywhere on the web, I can see it on my iPhone though.

Same here. Can anyone direct me to where they are viewing on the website?
Old May 14, 2019, 1:54 pm

Does anyone know how they are calculating this? I have 8k in invoices for hotel stays to my client year to date and it's only showing up at 4495 under my spend tracking.
Old May 19, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Has anyone figured out a way for existing Ambassador elites to view their spend on either the web or the app? This is getting ridiculous...
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by damon88
Same here. Can anyone direct me to where they are viewing on the website?

Marriott is just plain and simple broken for me. I cannot see anywhere. My Ambassador claims IT is working on it as for some it is not showing. Marriott and Working that is just hysterical
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 6:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Crisphoarder
Does anyone know how they are calculating this? I have 8k in invoices for hotel stays to my client year to date and it's only showing up at 4495 under my spend tracking.
Base room rate only, excluding taxes and fees. It's going to be way less than actual spend.
Old May 19, 2019, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
The low amount of dollars (not going to increase too much rest of year either) do show up spend-wise on the iPhone app for me...web site is hopelessly broken still
Old May 19, 2019, 11:30 pm

My spend tracker has updated since I have stayed over 50 nights this calendar year.

Almost every single one of my nights has been in the same hotel at the same rate so I know exactly how much I’ve spent.

Of course the tracker is wrong. Short by about $1.5k.
Old May 19, 2019, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by DpchMd
My spend tracker has updated since I have stayed over 50 nights this calendar year.

Almost every single one of my nights has been in the same hotel at the same rate so I know exactly how much I’ve spent.

Only if you normal base points are right, or else you are missing points as well. Your spend x 10 (or 5) should equal your annual base.
Old May 20, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by DpchMd

Where is this mythical spend tracker? I've stayed over 75 paid nights and nothing.
Old May 20, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by myperks
Your spend x 10 (or 5) should equal your annual base.
That's not correct. Base points will include spend (such as restaurant) that does not count toward the elite spend threshold.

If that's how it was calculated my figure would be thousands higher.

Note this is also how Hyatt calculates spend. Nothing but base room rate.
Old May 20, 2019, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
That's not correct. Base points will include spend (such as restaurant) that does not count toward the elite spend threshold.

If that's how it was calculated my figure would be thousands higher.

Note this is also how Hyatt calculates spend. Nothing but base room rate.
If that’s the case I should keep my mouth shut because my base points divided by 10 is my spend amount (with a rounding error) per the app and most of my stays I eat on property and definitely include lots of restaurant charges.

Old May 20, 2019, 8:23 am

If that’s the case I should keep my mouth shut because my base points divided by 10 is my spend amount (with a rounding error) per the app and most of my stays I eat on property and definitely include lots of restaurant charges.
Marriott's fabulous IT in action.
Old May 20, 2019, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Marriott's fabulous IT in action.
although I have to say when the rate is inclusive of tax, it’s kinda hard to figure out how much they back out and the horrible FX rate. Maybe I’m not getting all my restaurant base points
Old May 20, 2019, 9:26 am

although I have to say when the rate is inclusive of tax, it’s kinda hard to figure out how much they back out and the horrible FX rate. Maybe I’m not getting all my restaurant base points
I compare my SPG AMEX spend to my Marriott calculated spend from time to time and the gap is tremendous, much more than just taxes and fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.