Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Year-to-date spend tracker for Ambassador qualification

FAQ : Year-to-date spend tracker for Ambassador qualification

Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
You don't make Titanium until 75 nights, so that part where it says "You have made it to Titanium Elite" is from last year

I would venture to say it is very misleading, one should be current status, but the right side should be future - should say "Next up - Titanium Elite" as that is at 75 nights. I am guessing, but maybe they forgot to put a break at 75 nights to differentiate between Platinum and Titanium
gotcha. I made Ambassador last year, so that seems to be the only difference between mine not showing this year and yours showing. well, that is assuming there is a reason, and not just another IT fail.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Never mind. Still asleep
Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
My spend for 2019 just started appearing in the app today. I only have 30+ nights, not 50 as the thread title mentions. I'm Lifetime Titanium but that shouldn't matter.

So either spend is appearing for everyone or at least when you hit 30 nights.

-RM
Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm Amb (under the new 100+ nights and $20,000+ spend requirement) and also LTT approaching way more than 50 nights, and my spend still doesn't show. I think Bonvoy assigned me to the control group once again in their experiment.
ethernal likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm Amb (under the new 100+ nights and $20,000+ spend requirement) and also LTT approaching way more than 50 nights, and my spend still doesn't show. I think Bonvoy assigned me to the control group once again in their experiment.
Bummer.

David
Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:46 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Titanium member with a low 2 nights this year.. My spend YTD first appeared last week.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks to @RobOnLI and @chad75 for noticing the change - and kudos to Christina and the Lurkers for submitting our feedback and making it happen!

FWIW, this should let MBoy folks know how little I've shown them the love for 2019 so far (and how really, really far from Ambassador I am!):

David

p.s. who knew that 26 x 26 = 676!

p.p.s. after a few more confirmations, we may be able to sunset this thread!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by DELee
Thanks to @RobOnLI and @chad75 for noticing the change - and kudos to Christina and the Lurkers for submitting our feedback and making it happen!

FWIW, this should let MBoy folks know how little I've shown them the love for 2019 so far (and how really, really far from Ambassador I am!):

David

p.s. who knew that 26 x 26 = 676!

p.p.s. after a few more confirmations, we may be able to sunset this thread!

Lucky. Mine still shows like this (same in the app) despite 57 nights. App doesn't show it either. I'm in the same control group as MSPEconomist

Alternatively maybe if you already have Ambassador status it doesn't show. It looks like all the examples referenced above show people who are currently Tits.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:20 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I'm blind... NM.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ethernal

Lucky. Mine still shows like this (same in the app) despite 57 nights. App doesn't show it either. I'm in the same control group as MSPEconomist

Alternatively maybe if you already have Ambassador status it doesn't show. It looks like all the examples referenced above show people who are currently Tits.
Hmm. That's not terribly motivating given a) your YTD nights and b) likely YTD total spend.

David
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I am an Ambassador (still, somehow, grandfathered in from last year) BUT I do show nights/spend on the App...not the web site though.

Marriott: Consistently Inconsistent!
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:59 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I do show nights/spend on the App...not the web site though.
Same here. Spend is on the app now, but not the website.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by DELee
Hmm. That's not terribly motivating given a) your YTD nights and b) likely YTD total spend.

David

Well.. in fairness to Marriott, maybe they're worried I am going to do exactly what I am going to do.. I am going to make sure I am on track for Ambassador and then allocate some nights at Hyatt to make Globalist there as a backup given the.. Marriott situation going on (pretty sad - up until this year I didn't even have a Hyatt account given that there was almost always an SPG property if there was a Hyatt around).

Based on my math I should be right at $180/night (paid stay average is much higher but there are 18 credit card and award redemption nights in the total) and should track towards over $200/night by the time I hit 100 nights, but I don't want there to be any ambiguity or uncertainty before I shift some spend to Hyatt.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by escape4
Same here. Spend is on the app now, but not the website.
same thing here....the spend shows on the app but not on the website....
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:17 pm
alc

I wonder if those that state App show vs. App not show can also state which phone OS they are using.

Reason is that I noticed the iOS App does show my spend but the Android App does not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.