Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Philadelphia 201 Hotel (Sheraton), PA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:06 am
Original Poster

The old Philly Sheraton deflagged and is now called Philadelphia 201 Hotel. Does anyone know what group it will join? Delta? Portfolio?

Last edited by ibdoinit; Jan 19, 2019 at 8:08 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ibdoinit
The old Philly Sheraton deflagged and is now called Philadelphia 201 Hotel. Does anyone know what group it will join? Delta? Portfolio?
This article claims it will revert to Sheraton following renovations:

The Litt Group, a capital project administration and consulting firm for the hospitality industry, was awarded a consulting agreement for the renovation of a portfolio of hotels owned by Cambridge Landmark Partners, requiring property improvement plans (PIPs) approved by the brands.

The portfolio comprises the Sheraton Orlando North in Maitland, Fla.; the Grand Orlando Resort at Celebration in Kissimmee, Fla.; the Hyatt Regency Milwaukee; and the Philadelphia 201 Hotel in Philadelphia.

The properties will undergo full renovations including all public areas, conventions spaces, retail outlets, guestrooms, bathrooms and corridors. Several properties will have exterior improvements such as new color schemes and updated landscaping.

Upon completion of the renovation, the Grand Orlando Resort will be converted to the Delta at Celebration by Marriott brand, and the Philadelphia 201 Hotel will be converted to the Sheraton Downtown Philadelphia.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
HR Milwaukee was extensively renovated about five years ago.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Emphasis on "OLD" for this property. Whatever low brand standards exists for NA Sheraton properties, even this old dump probably failed to meet. Probably on double secret Starriott probation until they get the property up to passable Sheraton spec.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Marriott Plat
I was just there having lunch a few weeks back and was told it was converting back to Sheraton, but not sure when.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any idea why the brand deflagging if it were to revert back to Sheraton (if just renovated five years ago, it couldn't have been off-brand)?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Any idea why the brand deflagging if it were to revert back to Sheraton (if just renovated five years ago, it couldn't have been off-brand)?
Apparently, it needed a renovation. Here's an article from March 2019:

https://www.cpexecutive.com/post/bla...delphia-hotel/

It's now the end of the 2019, and it's still the Philadelphia 201 Hotel — with some of worst reviews I've seen for a full-service Marriott Bonvoy property (currently 3.0 out of 5.0 based on 1,338 guest reviews):

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...hia-201-hotel/
Old Dec 30, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777

I stayed at this hotel back in December for the Army Navy game. The hotel is currently going through renovations. I was told that the hotel will go back to being a Sheraton once the renovations are complete.

I was given a renovated room. It was okay. The lounge was closed but I was given a sticker on my room key packet which got me two free appetizers and beers in the bar. The sticker also allowed me to get some breakfast items from the grab & go section of the bar in the morning.

The hotel was completely sold out so it was hard to tell if service was bad or just overwhelmed for the weekend.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:08 pm

Turning back into a Sheraton. Just got this email:

3/10/2020

Dear Guest:

We would like to share some exciting news with you. On March 11th, 2020 the Philadelphia 201 Hotel will become the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown, exemplifying the Sheraton brand’s core values of welcoming, assured and community. Our service promise is to create a welcoming, inviting, warm, and inclusive place for our community to gather. Together, we are better.

As one of Marriott International’s Premium brands, we want to inform you we have updated your existing reservation to our new brand association as the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown. Your confirmation number will remain the same.

Nothing will change for BONVoY members. You will continue to be awarded BONVoY points or miles and earn elite night credits for your stay with us.

The hotel’s 760 rooms feature a contemporary design and soothing teal and gray color palette, punctuated by an arresting graphic wall of local highlights honoring Sheraton's place at the heart of the local community. There are panoramic views of Center City, including historic churches, bustling downtown streets, and Philly’s iconic history.

In tandem with the hotel's updated guestrooms, the newly renovated 2,071 square foot fitness center features Peloton® bikes offering immersive indoor cycling training with live classes and on-demand classes via Peloton Digital®. The completely transformed fitness center offers a variety of cardio and strength-training machines, including the core-strengthening TRX suspension system, along with a full complement of free weightsOn behalf of our entire team, we would like to thank you for your continued support and trust. We look forward to welcoming you!
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Nothing says "premium brand' like an all time bad Sheraton IME
River in Sight likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Nothing says "premium brand' like an all time bad Sheraton IME
I stayed here back in December in one of the recently renovated rooms. It wasn’t bad and if I needed to I would stay there again. Certainly nothing special, but there aren’t a whole lot of great options in Philly anyway. Clean enough and polite staff, that’s about all I can ask for in that place.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by tearex
Turning back into a Sheraton. Just got this email:
Anyone who stepped into the lobby would think it had never left! Just a pure 80's/90's monolith, right on brand.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 5:23 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Does it still have that mildewy aroma? Marriott could sell it alongside the Attune Diffusers.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
I just completed a 3-night stay at this property and wanted to report.

The good:
  • My SNA cleared 5 nights before arrival into a corner 1-BR king suite.
  • The suite has *two* sleepers in it, which was perfect for me: the "armchair" in the bedroom folds out into a single bed, and the living room has a standard queen-sized sleeper.
  • Everyone on the staff that I interacted with was very nice, pleasant and helpful. To the point that I made a comment to Mrs. sxpsxpsxp about it.
  • No mildew smell that I could tell -- everything in the lobby, hallways and rooms is clean and looks new.
  • Mattress was comfortable.
  • Gym has a Peloton bike in it.
  • I was offered the option to decline housekeeping and get either 1,000 points or $10 F&B credit per night of stay.

The not-so-good:
  • The A/C unit in the bedroom is one of those wall units you'll find in motel-type properties. It's reasonably modern, but is quite loud when it turns on.
  • The living room didn't seem to have any A/C -- there was a thermostat which was missing a cover, and an air vent, but we couldn't detect any air movement.
  • One of the reading lights in the headboard was broken.
  • Pillows were foam and so very firm they were uncomfortable. Housekeeping brought me something softer.
  • There was a stain or peeling paint on the ceiling near the bathroom
  • The bathroom exhaust doesn't seem to be working, so there are some stains on the bathroom ceiling as a result and it gets hot and steamy there
  • The tub/shower are so loud, that when they turn it on in the room next door it's like you're standing right next to it
  • Water pressure was fine, but it takes a few minutes for the water to warm up
  • The TV is mounted in such a way that you can't access any HDMI ports, so I couldn't plug anything in
  • Very poor sound isolation from the hallway -- slamming doors and people talking carried into the room
  • Lounge is closed. I was given vouchers for free breakfast in the lobby restaurant area and also a voucher for a free drink at the bar for every night of my stay.
  • Breakfast was definitely on the sadder side. If I had to pay for it, I would not have been happy. Variety was pretty good. Every day they had yogurt, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, hot oatmeal, cereal, selection of juices, bread and bagels, cream cheese and peanut butter. They also rotated a few different varieties of breakfast potatoes and one of the hot dishes was also rotated: French toast, pancakes, etc. There was also a daily rotation of pastries. The quality of the food, though, left something to be desired.

Would I stay here again? Maybe, if the price was right.
LSEGallipot likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 4:58 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
As noted in a post above this hotel has now become the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown. As such, any future posts can be directed to the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown [Master Thread]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.