Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Say Hello to Marriott Bonvoy, launches Feb 13, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
New Tier Names. This applies to Lifetime naming as well.

Platinum Premier Elite becomes Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite . (75 nights)
Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador becomes Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite. (100 nights + $20,000 spend)
Print Wikipost

Say Hello to Marriott Bonvoy, launches Feb 13, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
As SPG Plat, I've always gotten the Platinum key card.

Marriott Bonvoy is too long for FT, so should we be using MB from now? At least Mercedes Benz has better name name recognition.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:09 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
In the Weatin Lounge in Brisbane. They are having celebrations for the Bonvoy launch. I received an invite in my room. App now shows I am Titanium. As a former PPE, I have been happy with the awesome upgrades and recognotion since the merger. I was upgraded to a suite on a four day stay here about 5 days before arrival. 100% on SNA requests on redemptions too.

In valet, on Feb 13th

James
kalo93406 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:10 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
I must say that the design and name keep growing on me ... miles better than WoH in any case ... Now lets hope MAR fill it with some meaningful benefits for PLT, TIT and AMB. . and more importantly enforce and clarify current benefits
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL DM, UA 1K, MR PP

Nice reception at the Hong Kong Renaissance for the launch of the new loyalty branding.
kalo93406 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Personally, I'd rather see properties with custom keycards with their name on it.
I dunno, Hock ... as a matter of course I get at least two keys, leaving one in my wallet as a backup. Between forgetting to turn in my original key, to say nothing of the one that's been forgotten about in my wallet, I have a collection of some 10-12 various orphan keys from nearly as many different brands. I have a place in one of my bags I put them in so I can try to remember to leave them if I'm ever back in that brand as it's just wasteful to toss them, and this would make it just that worse, IMO.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Love the Titanium name - has a gargantuan sound to it. Looking forward to my next check in, where the front desk will likely greet me with "Thank you for being a Titanium member".

All OK for me on both App and Web.
Newman likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by skrosvik
Yaaaaaayyyy, this just arrived to my room at Marriott Marquis Doha, Qatar RIP FOREVER SPG
That photo is cringe-worthy. The Marriott Bonfire tent card looks decent...but an orange cupcake with sunshine sticking out of it? I used to think Marriott's marketing team was run by millennials; now I believe it's run by 9 year olds. I don't know of any proper adult beverage which pairs well with a cupcake.
skrosvik likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Nothing going on at Renaissance Ahmedabad. When I asked I was told that Bonvoy is a “traveler’s program” hence they will host some kind of a Heritage tour followed by brunch on Sunday. Won’t be here.

They seemed to think that this will be very different from Marriott Rewards. Maybe Marriott will buy United Airlines next and Carnival Cruise Lines to complete their portfolio. So now we know why they went with Bonvoy.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Nothing going on at Renaissance Ahmedabad. When I asked I was told that Bonvoy is a “traveler’s program” hence they will host some kind of a Heritage tour followed by brunch on Sunday. Won’t be here.

They seemed to think that this will be very different from Marriott Rewards. Maybe Marriott will buy United Airlines next and Carnival Cruise Lines to complete their portfolio. So now we know why they went with Bonvoy.
I hope you're taking pictures and planning a review on the Renaissance Ahmedabad in the master thread or something.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I hope you're taking pictures and planning a review on the Renaissance Ahmedabad in the master thread or something.
Yes sir! I don't want others to get caught off guard like me. Ahmedabad is a DRY state. NO ALCOHOL in the lounge.

As a matter of fact, I don't think there is a bar in the hotel.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by KRSW
That photo is cringe-worthy. The Marriott Bonfire tent card looks decent...but an orange cupcake with sunshine sticking out of it? I used to think Marriott's marketing team was run by millennials; now I believe it's run by 9 year olds. I don't know of any proper adult beverage which pairs well with a cupcake.
Could you seriously be more petty?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by khabah
The one thing I don’t get in all of this is the color choice of black and orange
Overheard in the office :

“Rich, sophisticated, regal purple becomes brash Trump-ish orange.
Kinda sums it all up, really”

Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG & BoardRoom
The wifey and I hadstopped by the Kitcho Arasheyamo Honten in Kyoto last night (we always dine here before going fishing from the old Oi pier because we use our leftovers for bait) and the missus commented our BonVoy account balance still did not reflect points earned from a stay from 2 weeks earlier at the Marriott Paris Champs-Elysees Hotel.

It appears Marriott continues to use a quite archaic system from the 1950’s of communicating and converting hotel stays into award points. By the time these do post, and they occasionally fail to post at all, they have been incorrect or the account only reflects 1-night for what was a 3-night stay.

Perhaps Marriott could request some help from Starbucks which may serve foul coffee but atleast manages to reflect the purchase in the account and award stars within 30 minutes.
KRSW and GalaxyChris like this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:49 am

You must be ex-SPG; I'm ex-MR and while my MRs post in two days like clockwork (and also did PM), I have had to chase down SPG properties' folios and sometimes points (and this used to happen PM with my SPG account). Still don't have a folio from an SPG stay last week, for example.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
We've got ourselves a Bonvoy!

Time to write a new song: "Bonvoy" to the tune of "Convoy" by C.W. McCall from 1974--5.
DenverBrian and arcticflier like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.