Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Say Hello to Marriott Bonvoy, launches Feb 13, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
New Tier Names. This applies to Lifetime naming as well.

Platinum Premier Elite becomes Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite . (75 nights)
Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador becomes Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite. (100 nights + $20,000 spend)
Print Wikipost

Say Hello to Marriott Bonvoy, launches Feb 13, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:06 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
This morning the front desk at the Imperial Riding School in Vienna had a bunch of balloons, including individual silver letters spelling out B-O-N-V-O-Y. I'm not sure any of the guests understood what was going on...
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Welcome letter at Ritz RAK. I am titanium 😁
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Nice, got the new update to the app too. Kind of like the new design too.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: SA
My lifetime years became 0!!!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Titanium/ Lifetime Platinum, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by kalo93406
California.. Profile showing Titanium Elite on website. Bonvoy benefits look the same on first glance.

Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions updated. Going to scan over it.

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi#elite

Edit: don't notice any changes to benefits so far.
More experienced folks can probably tell if this is the previously language or if this has been updated:

”ii. Complimentary Enhanced Room Upgrade for Platinum Elite Members. Platinum Elite Members and above receive a complimentary upgrade to the best available room subject to availability for the entire length of stay at the time of check-in.”

I thought something like “upgrade to more desireable room, including a tandard suites” language was used but this says “best available”?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: AS MVPG & BoardRoom
Forced from Marriott App

I went to log into my Marriott App this morning and was forced to download BonVoy App.

No issues.

looks like I am also a Titanium now. ;-)

Update:
The old white “M” on blue background was much easier to recognize on my iPhone Home screen than this new Narrow font BonVoy on white background App symbol.

Last edited by arcticflier; Feb 13, 2019 at 5:43 am
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I noticed on the new Bonvoy app for iOS that although it shows me as lifetime Titanium, when I go to add the new card to the Apple wallet, it is missing the Lifetime part. I'm guessing that will get cleaned up eventually.

So when do the titanium Titanium cards get mailed out?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: SA
I got the same thing.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by bennos
This morning the front desk at the Imperial Riding School in Vienna had a bunch of balloons, including individual silver letters spelling out B-O-N-V-O-Y. I'm not sure any of the guests understood what was going on...
Similar scene in the Pretoria Sheraton. Lot's of staff sporting Bonvoy t-shirts.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by LF72
Similar scene in the Pretoria Sheraton. Lot's of staff sporting Bonvoy t-shirts.
Ask for one! Great swag.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Cll1881

More experienced folks can probably tell if this is the previously language or if this has been updated:

”ii. Complimentary Enhanced Room Upgrade for Platinum Elite Members. Platinum Elite Members and above receive a complimentary upgrade to the best available room subject to availability for the entire length of stay at the time of check-in.”

I thought something like “upgrade to more desireable room, including a tandard suites” language was used but this says “best available”?
The "standard" game ... oops I mean term ... was an SPG term. I don't believe Marriott has ever used it although some Legacy SPG properties continue to use the game, I mean term.

the t&c now state "Platinum Elite Members and above receive a complimentary upgrade to the best available room subject to availability for the entire length of stay at the time of check-in. Complimentary upgrade includes suites, rooms with desirable views, rooms on high floors, corner rooms, rooms with special amenities or rooms on Executive Floors. "

I think that's the same as last month.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
The "standard" game ... oops I mean term ... was an SPG term. I don't believe Marriott has ever used it although some Legacy SPG properties continue to use the game, I mean term.

the t&c now state "Platinum Elite Members and above receive a complimentary upgrade to the best available room subject to availability for the entire length of stay at the time of check-in. Complimentary upgrade includes suites, rooms with desirable views, rooms on high floors, corner rooms, rooms with special amenities or rooms on Executive Floors. "

This has been the verbiage since the defunct Marriott Rewards, SPG and Ritz-Carlton Rewards programs combined into the unnamed loyalty program in mid-August.

The problem is the Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions were not changed to differentiate between platinum, titanium and ambassador in terms of upgrade priority. I stayed at the Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport the other day and the manager said they get 50 platinums a night for 10 suites. I had to respectfully remind him that ambassadors or platinum premiers (now titaniums) were not platinums.

I don't think a platinum (legacy Marriott gold) should be eligible for a suite upgrade.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Titanium/ Lifetime Platinum, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by C17PSGR

Thanks for confirming! ^
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:10 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
On the plus side, maybe now that they have new tiers my status will be correctly recognized. I'm Platinum Premier, technically now Titanium, but on my last half dozen or so stays I keep getting thanked as merely Platinum.
LF72 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.