FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Say Hello to Marriott Bonvoy, launches Feb 13, 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1951304-say-hello-marriott-bonvoy-launches-feb-13-2019-a.html)

SteadyAT Feb 24, 2019 1:33 pm

No issues with the Bonvoy black key cards, in three hotels this last week (2 Marriotts and 1 Sheraton).
The key sleeves that I received, while black in colour, also had lots of writing (both sides) so can't miss even if placed on top of a black dresser! And the sleeve I received from the Sheraton was still in the old SPG sleeve - guess they're using up old stock (they had the Marriott and SPG logos, so were post-merger, but are obviously pre-Bonvoy).

EuropeanPete Feb 24, 2019 3:29 pm

Definitely too early to tell, but my very early data points have been extremely positive. I have been in some nice suites recently.

MarTN Feb 24, 2019 4:47 pm

Totally agree about the color being difficult.

The front desk (Springhill Suites) said they have had trouble with the thickness and working well.

MePlatPremier Feb 24, 2019 4:50 pm

will be staying at a MR-legacy property in Europe early next month, emailed them asking for an upgrade and got a prompt reply upgrading me to a junior suite and comp’ing breakfast. I have another stay later in the month at a W hotel, where I am actually a regular, and was told that whether or not I’ll be upgraded will be decided at checkin.

myperks Feb 24, 2019 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider (Post 30816347)
While every property since Bonvoy launched has recognized me as "ambassador," including some properties that just a couple days before the launch recognized me as "platinum," it is still too early to tell how most properties will recognize ambassador. It disappoints me that Marriott didn't use the new program launch to differentiate ambassador from titanium. Properties still refer to the breakfast benefit as the "platinum breakfast" even for ambassador guests. Platinum is now the third-highest elite status. It's the old gold.

yup. At a property right now. Greeted as an ambassador verbally and got a pre printed lounge sheet that says “As a loyal Marriott Bonvoy Platinum member”. Maybe it just generic so they don’t need to customize the letters.

YYJMSP Feb 24, 2019 5:52 pm

Hmm, got the new black keycards last week, but got the old dark blue Sheraton keycards this week at the same property.

the rest of the package was the new Elite holder and Upgrade card both times.

hockeyinsider Feb 24, 2019 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by YYJMSP (Post 30817450)
Hmm, got the new black keycards last week, but got the old dark blue Sheraton keycards this week at the same property.

the rest of the package was the new Elite holder and Upgrade card both times.

All of my stays since the launch of Bonvoy have been at Delta, Ritz-Carlton and Westin properties. None have had Bonvoy keycards. Personally, I prefer Ritz-Carlton keycards since they are customized with the name of the property. Makes for a nice, cheap souvenir.

DenverBrian Feb 24, 2019 7:28 pm

Bonvoy commercial runs during the Oscars. Millions of viewers yawn.

itsaboutthejourney Feb 24, 2019 7:47 pm

Bonvoy or whatever the Marriott name brand is just not cool

It Was the Hottest Oscar Night Party. What Happened?

Lady Gaga is invited. So is Mahershala Ali. But the screaming fans outside Vanity Fair’s Oscar party in Beverly Hills this Sunday night may have a hard time recognizing everyone — like the two civilians who secured invitations in an online auction, bidding with customer-loyalty points from Marriott.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/21/s...car-party.html

Aventine Feb 24, 2019 9:31 pm

This money could have been put to better use. I'm still confused if he's saying goodbye or advertising being Bonvoyed?!
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...75baec8d91.jpg

JBord Feb 25, 2019 6:46 am

Originally Posted by DenverBrian (Post 30817704)
Bonvoy commercial runs during the Oscars. Millions of viewers yawn.

Sure, but you could also say the Oscars are on, millions of viewers yawn. :)

aussieinsf Mar 3, 2019 6:39 pm

So far my experience of the new Marriott Bonvoy has been:
- Consistent eye rolling/use of ironic voice (in a nice way) at the mention of Titanium status. Starting to wonder if that is intended and Marriott is going for a Kimpton kind of customer service feel but I doubt it given their corporate culture.
- Points no longer post for any of my stays. I'm back to waiting ten days then dealing with customer service again

arcticflier Mar 3, 2019 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete (Post 30817049)
Definitely too early to tell, but my very early data points have been extremely positive. I have been in some nice suites recently.

Are “data points” anything like hotel stays?

stimpy Mar 3, 2019 10:45 pm

So far my experience as Titanium has been...exactly the same as my experience as SPG Plat. Which is very good and always a suite upgrade. Outside the US of course. ;)