Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Say Hello to Marriott Bonvoy, launches Feb 13, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
New Tier Names. This applies to Lifetime naming as well.

Platinum Premier Elite becomes Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite . (75 nights)
Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador becomes Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite. (100 nights + $20,000 spend)
Print Wikipost

Say Hello to Marriott Bonvoy, launches Feb 13, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Marriott has far superior IT to Starwood...said no one ever
pretty sure those who had their info leaked due to starwoods IT would disagree.
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:51 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I did notice that and thought this must be part of a new brand identity called 'retro', like when airlines put old livery on some planes.

Fortunately, post-merger, AA never adopted the US Airways' Envoy marketing name and kept it the very basic, but clearly obvious, name "Business Class". No Polaris, Raffles, One, Magnifica, Upper, Club World nonsense.

Originally Posted by emma dog
Choking on "Bonvoy"... sounds too much like American Airlines' Envoy or US Airways Envoy class.

I like the video... did anyone else catch the SPG at 0:40?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by jn in ca

OTOH, sure, SPG's on property treatment of elites was way, way better than Marriott's.
Perhaps for low night plats as SPG properties treated all plats as equal.

But, for someone who stays 100 nights plus per year -- definitely not.

Though, with all those nights, I can't figure out how to use these cordless phones ....
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by C17PSGR

Though, with all those nights, I can't figure out how to use these cordless phones ....
I would disagree, I never got anything from multiple consecutive years of 100+ BIB stays with legacy MR as well as PP status. Well, maybe an upgrade to a strange airport (old, tired, worn, dated, sad) Marriott "one bedroom" suite for two nights where the room had funny angles and a windowless tiny dark bedroom without a real door to separate it from the living area. Oh yeah, housekeeping came by after I had checked in and put out my do not disturb sign to dispose of some of my belongings, apparently because they decided just to remove stuff in the living room rather than checking whether the room was occupied.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:24 pm

Sadly, it seems Marriott strategy is all about seeking profits before providing an amazing guest experience. Starwood was excellent about providing (usually) an amazing guest experience, and it seems that financial success at Starwood flowed out of putting the guest experience primary. Allowing profits to outweigh the importance and value of an amazing guest experience is certainly not going to maximize loyalty and profit that naturally flows from providing amazing experiences.
itsaboutthejourney and UA-NYC like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:16 pm

What about Platinum Elite achieved through the AMEX SPG Luxury card and $75k spend? Will that now grant Titanium status?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by wildcard442
What about Platinum Elite achieved through the AMEX SPG Luxury card and $75k spend? Will that now grant Titanium status?
Why would it? Old SPG Plat becomes new Starriott Plat becomes newer Bonvoy Plat. All three correspond to 50 nights.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why would it? Old SPG Plat becomes new Starriott Plat becomes newer Bonvoy Plat. All three correspond to 50 nights.
AMEX SPG Luxury card with 75k spend grants Plat Elite doesn't it? Plat Elite is becoming Titanium?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by wildcard442
AMEX SPG Luxury card with 75k spend grants Plat Elite doesn't it? Plat Elite is becoming Titanium?
Platinum Premier Elite is becoming Titanium Elite.

Platinum Elite will continue to be Platinum Elite.
MSPeconomist and wildcard442 like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:20 pm

Yes, those cordless ‘phones are dreadful things. One suspects some form of ‘revenge of the millennials’ is at play in their deployment.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I'm late to the party, but have to be another voice that says that this new name sucks.

"Bonvoy" sounds like the rebranded name of an aging midwestern strip mall that's trying to lure new customers to their crappy shops, which probably include an "authorized" Verizon dealer and a kind of yucky Starbucks. I mean, just being honest.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by swintec
pretty sure those who had their info leaked due to starwoods IT would disagree.
Chinese government has had my passport and personal info for a long time. I’m not too wound up about this.

However, having to get my fax machine out of the garage is annoying as hell.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by margarita girl

Chinese government has had my passport and personal info for a long time. I’m not too wound up about this.
This.

Originally Posted by margarita girl
However, having to get my fax machine out of the garage is annoying as hell.
I did not yet notice that need. When do they require or send faxes?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by monitor

I did not yet notice that need. When do they require or send faxes?
Marriott has deleted all the Starwood hotel email addresses and replaced them with fax numbers. So 1980s.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...addresses.html

In all fairness, I’ve recently discovered the chat feature on the app which is pretty awesome as long as you don’t need to contact the hotel until 2 days before your arrival.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Generally pre 8/18 experiences were far better before Marriott adopted the SPG approach.
Care to share what you mean by that? From my experience, it's that Marriott has applied their approach, including IT and 'customer service' to everything SPG, with the single exception being the loyalty program structure is closer to resembling SPG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.